How much can you seated leg press?

How much can you seated leg press?
I made a PR today (4*15 392lbs)

694lb for 8 reps.
Leg press is a fake lift user. I can barely squat ~340lb.

im doing ~840 lbs (18 plates + sled), 4-5 sets 15-20 reps

I don't know how to squat or deadlift properly. Can I just use leg presses and other leg exercises to make up for it?

I always injure myself trying them.

Leg press, weighted lunges and pendlay rows (for the lower back work you're missing). You could also try using a trap bar if you have one available. Not ideal but you're not a powerlifter, who gives a shit.

>PR on legpress
>asking others about their leg press PRS

regarding all the leg presses i've seen and your "PR" i estimate your squat max at 165lbs.

Yeah my middle back and lower back is pretty non existent, which I assume is why I get back pain. Thanks for the tips.

965 for 3x20.

grill
5plate for 4 sets of 6 with virtually no rest. I guess that's 450 plus whatever the machine is if you guise count that. I think I might go up to 6 plate but I don't wanna be a dick and hoard all the 45s.

best post.

>694lb for 8 reps.
>Leg press is a fake lift user. I can barely squat ~340lb.
Consider this:
If you're using a 45-degree leg press, then the ACTUAL weight you're pressing is ((weight of plates)+(weight of sled))*sin(45). Therefore your 694lb press is actually 490lb.
Squats are always less than what you can leg press because you're also squatting a large fraction of your body weight as well as the bar plus the plates. Also, ANY weakess, from shoulders on down, affects your ability to squat, further limiting how much you can squat.
If your body weight is at least 150lbs, then that accounts for the discrepency between leg press and squat for you. Chances are you're much heavier than 150lbs, so the remaining discrepency between the two is because something between your feet and your shoulders is the 'weak link in the chain' and is what's limiting your squat.

Therefore: Leg press is just as effective as squatting -- for developing LEG STRENGTH; but squats are more effective for developing OVERALL STRENGTH. It all depends on what your purpose and goals are.

good post user

post ass

leg press means nothing, when i was first getting into lifting i got 515kg for 10 on leg press, been lifting for a year now and my max squat is 145kg.

fuck leg press

>515kg for 10
Did your knees go all the way down to your chest, though, or did you do shitty half- or quarter-reps?
>10 reps
Gee a WHOLE 10 REPS, how amazing.
Come back when you can do 3 sets of 20 at that weight, all the way down to your chest.

>145kg squat
Probably also half- or quarter-reps, and you don't say how many reps or how many sets.

Don't even bother replying unless you've got Youtube vid of you doing sets of at least 10 at that weight, ass-to-grass.

Nice analysis, user. Good to see not everyone here is just a meme.

/thread

You're contradicting yourself multiple times in your post. Of course you do leg press more weight than you squat even when you multiply it with 0.7 and subtract your bodyweight and that's because you don't need to stabilize every part of your body when squatting - just like you said. You could aswell count in the friction when leg pressing which should easily compensate the factor for the angle. I'm not a fan of the leg press but that's just the nature of machine training.

I can leg press 1klbs but I never though it was impressive or bragged about it. Always felt like the leg press was the biggest ego lift. Only for 3 reps by the way.

LIGHTWEIGHT

Idk, when I do leg press I work my way up to 840-920lb for sets of 8-10 and my one rep max squat is 465lb. Although a lot of people have seriously reduced range of motion on leg press compared to squat.

Why is that kitty so sad?