Have books changed anyone else's life?

What books have been most influential in your life?
For me:
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People - Stephen Covey
- Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki
- The Obstacle is the Way - Ryan Holiday
- Maximum Achievement - Brian Tracy
- Man's Search for Meaning - Viktor Frankl
- Meditations - Marcus Aurelius

Other urls found in this thread:

sivers.org/book/HowToGetRich
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

normie detected

What's the criteria for a 'normie'?

Kiyosaki advocates things that aren't even legal. There's a reason his books fill the shelves of thrift stores.

normies don't read books you dumb cuck

in chronological order:

Anthony Robbins - Unlimited Power
Ayn Rand - The Virtue of Selfishness
Marti Olsen Laney - The Introvert Advantage
Rollo Tomassi - The Rational Male

None that are Veeky Forums related but I'll tell you one I really like
- Principles - Ray Dalio
yes, it's me again. I will keep pushing this fucking book.

Some great insights are
>list all, each and every of your pertinent problems (verbs) THEN look for root causes (adjectives)
>If you feel (emotional) pain, don't push it aside, don't ignore it. Investigate it, ask why you do. Pain is basically like your internal error code screaming at you "debug me!"
>If you can't do something, you can 'cheat' - which means either outsourcing it, or at the very least seeking the advice of someone who knows more about it than you to tell you how to do it
>he's very big on "triangulation", which if I recall correctly basically means ask the smartest people you know their opinions on this - not just their conclusions, but the line of thought that brought them to that conclusion
>write down your 'principles' which sounds really faggy, but basically what he's saying is "write down shit that you've observed to come true again and again"
>Investigate why things don't go as expected... with regards to the 'principles' this reeks of Godel's Incompleteness Theorems. i.e. you're always adding to your knowledge base, always investigate and interrogate exceptions to the rule

Do your selves a favor and read this summary RIGHT NOW.
sivers.org/book/HowToGetRich

>Felix Dennis was the first person to say "cunt" on television

This, Think and Grow Rich and Outwitting the Devil.

>Kiyosaki advocates things that aren't even legal.
like?

Those are some gay books for little fag boys

If you need to read a book to "get motivated" you better kill yourself you clueless weak minded faggot.

Not to mention I would pass a law that would enable massive bounties for anyone who beheads motivational speakers or writers.

Hey man. We know you're hurting on the inside. However the fact that you are taking it out on strangers on the internet is sad. I would recommend reading 'Mindfulness for Beginner' by Jon Kabat Zinn. Hopefully you'll find some peace within yourself.

Only book you'll ever need

Have you heard of stoicism? It relates to your point about emotional pain. It's all about recognising that everything that happens to you non physically just 'happens'. You have control over your perception of everything. There's a lot more to it but it's pretty interesting.

If you reply with anything but 0 to 1, Thus Spoke zarathustra, Being and Time or classical Russian literature you are a faggot and should kys

strange, i'm not a little fag boy... really makes me ponder...

Needs to read books to understand life, cuck detected

It's about cognitive-behavioral therapy for depression.

Dunning-Krueger effect in the flesh, ladies and gentlemen

normies do read books you retard, every time theres bestsellers that become movies

why is this such a meme lately? the try-hards who consciously "change themselves" to get into this are so cringeworthy, and ironically it only shows their weak mentality

"The epiphany of a fool" by Norbekov.

Not popular in the West, which is a shame

yeah, just like people who play farmville are "gamers"

Every "life advice" book I've read was just bullshit some (((known))) guy tried to sell me.
Nothing had really valuable information, probably because every author stretches the length of the advice. Instead of "At x position you can do x and z, but in x and y you probably better off doing a or b" they just write a biography of themselves and how successful they got (usually by sheer luck) following a certain >pattern that takes 80 pages to write down.

I'll try it

Stopped reading at (((

I'll need a wide variety of memes if I'm going to post a rant on Veeky Forums.

Brian Tracy - Goals is what had the biggest impact on my life, because it got me out of depression. I took the time to read it, reflect and follow the very simple instructions, set goals for myself and now I get up every morning, motivated to get one step closer to achieving them.

Richest man in Babylon has some great ideas but It was a struggle to read through with the biblical writing.
>pic related
Applies to Veeky Forums

>Stopped reading at (((
Stopped reading at S