Are Smith machines actually terrible? Should I not use them?

Are Smith machines actually terrible? Should I not use them?

Yes

No

Maybe

Thanks. Should I not drink water either thank you thank you

I don't know

Possibly

Smithy rows seem like they could be useful; a similar movement to a typical barbell row with a lot less strain on your lower back.

could you repeat the question?

Am I a fuckboi if I use a Smith machine? I use it for bench and squats and rows. I don't have a spotter...

>bench
do the roll over faggot
>squat
kill yourself
>rows
no really, do it

pretty much material about why it is wrong on google, read some lecture

Smith machines are good for target exercises. Most barbell exercises are meant to work your stabilizers as well though so you avoid Smiths for those. Glute bridges, weighted lunges, rows etc are fine though.

I got no squat rack on my gym, should i just zercher squat or smith squat?

They lock you into a certain bar path which is usually a problem. Since most people are different weights, heights, insertions, limb lengths, etc. it makes the movement safer and better for gains to have complete control over bar path instead of some machine dictating it for you.

A Smith machine is just that: a machine. It will have the same limitations as any machine versus its free-weight counterpart. The only reason it gets so much more hate than any other machine is because it's typically kept in the free-weight section, so it's not "out of sight, out of mind" like most other machines.

This is unacceptable, nobody looks like that when they play the oboe.

This!

The correct path for bench, squat, OHP, etc is not the locked in path for the smith machine. It leads to unhealthy muscle development and injuries.

Squats it sucks for reasons listed
Dl, why would you even consider
Rows, standing calf raises, shrugs all are fine in it

Are you a woman or a broken-down old person? No? Then don't use it, do REAL exercises.

yes they are zeek, and so is planet fitness

new gym