Is being a hardgainer a meme? Is it just a life of undereating? Will I ever get past ottermode ?

Is being a hardgainer a meme? Is it just a life of undereating? Will I ever get past ottermode ?

Pic related, I look like this guy after lifting two months and and almost doubling my food intake with cooked meals.

Eating is by far the hardest thing, I see people on Veeky Forums talking about binging more than a jar of peanut butter while I'm completely full after 3 slices with pb.

Anyone else the same?

>182 cm tal (6'0)
>72 kg (put on 6 kg in 2 months, I think its all muscle since my stomach is still flat)

Am I gonna make it ?

This pic explains a "hardgainer"

>op pic
>ottermode
that guy in the pic looks like someone who hasnt lifted a single weight in his entire life

I meant in the sense that will I plateau in like a year or so? I'm struggling with eating enough mostly, I just don't feel hungry enough to eat like 4000 calories a day.

Also 6ft, was 72 KG at the start of the year, now 81 KG.
This guy is right, my biggest difficulty is remembering to eat, I just don't think about it.

If you write up a schedule then you will gain weight/muscle.

Stand/walk more. If you smoke, do less.

This image is exactly what a hard gainer really is.
It's just skinny people who think they're eating more than they really are, similar to fatties saying they're eating less than they really are.
You almost doubling your food intake is probably what I eat in one cheatmeal.
Example - went to Perkins for Thanksgiving because lonely fag and no family near me.
I ate two pancakes caked in syrup, three over medium eggs, 2 slices of ham, hashbrowns, a large caramel chocolate pretzel shake, two grilled cheese sandwiches, and a 14 oz bowl of salad, in one sitting.
Your doubling of your food intake, for a lot of people, is a simply binge meal for others. Eat more and work harder on eating more to stretch your stomach out OP.
Wish you the best on your path to gains.

6kg in two months is good progress, keep going and take regular pictures. Your appetite will increase as you go and you will continue to make gains.

Used to be like this in the past. What I've found is that sweet things kill my appetite.
Pic related is what I eat almost every time I come from the gym. There's chicken under there.

Did you split your meals into tiny but often or big 2-3 times a day?

It's the same thing as the fast metabolism meme. People are really ingrained in their eating habits, changing things even a little bit feels hard, so they invent excuses.

Yes it is a meme as far as you're talking.

There are people who need to eat more calories than someone else at the same weight in order to gain weight. Those are hard gainers. But once you figure out your maintenance calories and eat above it, you will gain weight.

>put on 6kg in 2 months
>hardgainer
can't have been that hard then

>72 kg (put on 6 kg in 2 months, I think its all muscle since my stomach is still flat)
It's 2kg of muscle at most, and 4kg fat. You're eating enough, getting big just takes time. Be patient and keep doing what you're doing. Also drinking your calories (milk etc) makes it very easy to hit your targets, and you don't have to stuff yourself.

Thanks. Do you eat the sweet things at the end? I find if I have even half a snickers before I eat I will end up eating half of my regular portions.

Thanks, sounds like I gotta avoid sweets.

I know metabolism is a meme (fast metabolism would have like a 100 calorie advantage over a
slower one. Or something of the sorts.)
However I am genetically inclined to be lanky + have been drinking water like its a nervous tick since I was little + almost no alcohol/soda + spicy food often should at least not slow down my metabolism right?

Started drinking 500 ml of 0.1% fat milk with two protein powder scoops before bed. Should last me through the night and not have my body start burning my muscles right?

>0.1% fat milk
Full fat has more calories, and fat is good for your hormone (testosterone) production and general health. Also it tastes better.

>Should last me through the night and not have my body start burning my muscles right?
Your muscles need three weeks of inactivity before they start to atrophy, I wouldn't worry about them disappearing overnight.

Being a hard gainer IS a thing. I don't know how people can't seem to understand that different bodies burn calories at different rates. We're not all the same person.

I recommend eating everything rather evenly save for desserts like the shake I had, and the leafy greens/salad.
Salad and vegetables in general fill you up quickly, whereas protein takes a longer time to give that feeling but it lasts much longer with protein dense foods, as they digest much slower.
I'd say eat most everything equally, with takiing mind to eat carb heavy foods and sugar heavy desserts, alongside salads or large portions of vegetables last.
Sugars, carbs, and vegetables will digest faster than proteins and fatty foods, making you feel full quicker, with the feeling going away quicker than proteins and fats, which digest slower, taking a longer time to fill you up but leaving you satiated longer.
That way it's easier to finish everything instead of leaving bits unfinished, such as the caloric dense protein foods cooked in fatty, calorie high butters or oils which would help with gains a lot more than a god damn shake or pancakes.

I meant that if you go to sleep on an empty stomach, its like fasting for like 8-9 hours. That's what I've read.

Thanks but how can you recommend sugar? isn't it bad for gains/appetite/teeth ?

For someone dirty bulking sugars would be seen as an acceptable source of potential energy and even "gains."
I honestly do not recommend sugars like that, but for someone who's truly suffering getting their calories for a day I'd see it as acceptable, and it's entirely up to the individual.
A good replacement for say, an ice cream shake would be avocados as they are very calorie dense, have lots of potassium which promotes the production of testosterone, and lots of healthy fats like saturated fats, which promote the production of hormones overall.

show boipussy

ARE YOU RETARDED? YOURE GAINING 3KG A MONTH AND IS UNSURE IF YOURE GONNA MAKE IT? THE FUCK

>tfw have to see these people who "claim to have been undereaters" yet now magically can eat 3-4000 calories a day with no problems

fuck off

Been on a 3,800 cal diet for the past 2 weeks
Goal is to get high 180 lbs by March.

>13 pounds in 2 months
>1.5 pounds every week
>thinks he's a hardgainer and it's a real thing

Op you're fucking stupid. Also barely any of that is muscle

>that OHP
wut

that OHP can't be right

It's either actually a push press or a partial rep. The other options are a seated partial rep, or some sort of Smith machine version, and he thinks the empty bar on a Smith is 45 lbs.

do GOMAD faggot

Young healthy males that are underweight underestimate their growth potential. When you are young your bodies ability to repair it self mixed with its high levels of hormones makes it able to gain a fuck ton of both size and strength very fast. Hop on SS and stuff your self with good protein, carbs and fats and grow like crazy

Hey Norskermann. What is that on your plate? Looks like a solid meal.