Weed and Fitness

Any stoners or smokers here? How has pot helped/harmed you fitness and life in general? Thinking about buying some for fun

YMMV, but I consider it an important mental/anti-anxiety and anti-inflammatory supplement. In fact, I believe it played a big part in my individual successes. Once your tolerance builds and you become more educated with the substance, the less sense the stereotypes make.

I'm still testing my cardio limits by running 15 miles a week and so far it hasn't impacting anything.

Hoe often you smoke?

If you run, try getting high before you run.

I also like to use it post-workout as a sort of reward mechanism, but I try not to go more than twice a week. Once a week ideally, but self-control is hard ya know?

This, use it as a reward mechanism.

I'm currently on Ritalin, so everytime I take it I have to smoke in order to eat, ritalin completely ruins my appetite. So to me it helps out quite alot!

I box. It has helps me greatly. Better than taking painkillers.

I get high before cardio
I get high to help eat alot
I get high when Im bored
I get high

yeeeeee

Ex everyday toker here.

Definitely affected my lung capacity but I was doing it for almost a decade. It's much better now. Otherwise it helped me eat during a hard bulk and helped a lot with sleep (I used to so shift work so it really helped with my fucked up sleeping pattern).

If you have to do it and you have self control then vape. Generally nowhere near as helpful as cigarettes/alcohol or other party drugs.

Harmful not helpful.**** thanks autocorrect.

I get high all the time. I'm 20, in college for Nutrition. I'm a junior, my GPA is cumulatively about 3.9 give or take.
>get high in morning before class
>get high after class
>get high after sobering up from previous high
>get high before eating dinner
>get high before playing vidya or movies
>get high before work (not taking shifts atm) as a Diet tech at a hospital or also prep cook at private club
>get high before gym
>get high to do schoolwork

It helps me change my perspective. It helps me ignore things that might piss me off. It helps me connect more with people. It helps me be more creative, better at guitar. It helps me forget about stupid shit that doesnt matter.

Cons
>expensive if you use like I do
>getting ahold of it is usually some kind of ordeal
>makes you smell like shit (like ash, not like weed, if you're one of those knobs who swears weed is the best smell)
>likely lung damage (havent felt effects yet after 5 years though)
>illegal where I'm from so it can be sketchy

Importantly, weed makes me content. Its all fine and dandy if you are already in a good place. For me, cutting off weed makes me more depressed, irritable, and an all around asshole. I also tend to spend most of my time negatively ruminating.

Weed can also destroy your diet if bad foods are made available to you.
Overall, if I had to pick a drug to be my vice, i'd pick pot 10/10 times.

You are 20 so I take it you've been smoking for max 5-6 years?

I just want to say - be careful and be responsible with it. It can and will turn on you once you hit babby's first existential crisis.

OP, no matter what anyone says, weed is a drug, and it can be dangerous to you health. Mental health is health as well.

Gained a ton of weight after I stopped smoking. When i got high, I would creatively slave over the stove and in the kitchen to prepare good quality meals and didnt feel bad eating seconds. Now im lazy and i eat too much junk and "easy" food.

Try not to smoke with tobacco, and only do it once or twice a week. Negative effects will be negligible unless we're talking very long term

My dad did that for 20 years and now regrets it because 20yrs of escapism creates a huge psychological addiction, tried quitting and ended up burning bridges with everyone just to return back to wake and baking and constant depression
FYI he also did really well in school and work regardless but just saying

Weed shits all over REM sleep u guys. Good night sweet growth hormone.

I used to smoke before i lifted tho, but p much every facet of my life--especially mood--has improved since i quit. Tbqh it just enhanced all of my anxiety issues. I've been chiller than i ever have since quitting.

Weed is the silent killer. It's all comfy and dude lmao but in the long run it'll fuck you up.
Not saying its the devil, heck I love it and it does help me a lot when I study. But at the end of the day its a drug. It's a gains goblin, makes you content, lowers your test, fucks with short term memory and overall makes you foggy. I think that after a certain age it just doesn't make sense anymore to use.

t. 27 yo who started blazing 10 years ago and has been smoking weed daily for 3+ years currently on a (hopefully permanent) break

>Post workout to relax and eat food
>night time to wrap up the day, gather your thoughts, appreciate your achievements, plan your goals
>Also get high to play/listen to music

It should go without saying but since theres retards like
....dont over do it. Just like with anything practice moderation. As weed has become increasingly accepted and mainstream you get a shitload of losers rationalizing how theres nothing wrong with getting high All day every day.

>create a reasonable weekly amount to smoke (been smoking for over 7 years and i've always basically kept it to ~1.5g a week because money and to not over do it)
>take days off,
>dont get high multiple times a day habitually,
>take weeks off occasionally (remember to be in control of it, make it so its not something you HAVE to do)

most drugs can really help you. Im especially really fond of weed and mushrooms. but holy fuck, so many people are retarded that it ends up fucking them.

If you're a lazy person, weed will make you a fucking bum. If you're a go getter, weed won't change that and may actually make you more ambitious

Source: 10 years of the devil's lettuce personal experiences

I've smoked twice and it gave me crippling anxiety both times. what do?

Seriously, dont smoke. Just vape. its 1000% better for you and a better high. Only reason to smoke is that the high hits you fast and its easy. Vaping takes longer. I get much more paranoid when i smoke vs high. I beleive getting high on weed reduces or mimics the effects of reduced testosterone though. But the mental clarity and ability to overcome base desires such as sexual urges or blind mochismo outweighs the negatives.

smoke less

your a low tolerance faggot
just give up

The moment I get a smell of weed I get a bit of a stiffy and once I get a good hit I get a rock hard boner, and I usually have to masturbate when I'm high.

Anyone else like this? Is it normal?

it means you are an anxious person.
work on yourself, do positive things to improve your life. Smoke again(by yourself) and you'll have a positive experience.

I cant smoke weed if im in a depress/downward spiral state of mind where im being lazy and not doing what i need to do in life. It makes me feel like shit about myself.

When im actually trying, everything is perfect and i feel good about the things im doing, and it motivates me. (as long as im not doing it too often).

I also cant smoke around people unless everything is going super well and/or I really like the people im smoking with. I get super judgy towards myself and others when im high

I work in the mining industry so i have to plan my smoking around shifts, but yeah i love smoking weed post-workout.

It lowers cortisol which helps maintain low %bf, takes all the edge off the big adrenal spike you get after lifting, and just puts you in a really nice place to make gains.

My only gripe with weed is that if you hit it hard for a few days, the first night without it is really hard to sleep. Sleep is totally crucial for gains so you gotta factor that in, maybe just don't work out on your first day off weed.