/plg/ powerlifting general

/plg/ powerlifting general

(None of you will ever be as strong as Alex Strongman)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BM5minoAYtK/
youtu.be/kkkPYh-2YLg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7qAycZuz3gQ&feature=youtu.be
youtu.be/8qA6tToHgLs
youtube.com/watch?v=87cvlLc37Ys
youtube.com/watch?v=s6IHSt3H-n0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdAQcwxICXU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Im getting pain in my bicep when I bench heavy. What am I doing wrong?

You are weak. You must be strong to bench the press.

we are the dollars and cents

And we're gonna crack your little souls

The dollars and cents.... The pounds and pence

Post the first training/lifting video of yourself you ever made.

>mfw it was on my old phone that broke

It's hella embarassing

Not me but reposting for homoedic value

It was just 9 days ago. Havent been lifting very long

instagram.com/p/BM5minoAYtK/

for you

>Incline db curl
>Do them

dude...

Legitimately the shittiest deadlift form ive ever seen

Is this SSB??

CHAD gets DUBS while you get NOTHING

youtu.be/kkkPYh-2YLg

Pretty proud of this one

T W I N K
W
I
N
K

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7qAycZuz3gQ&feature=youtu.be

Lets all laugh at the mentally handicapped and future physically handicapped person

nice ass dude

>........urgh.............git...teh.....fuk...upe.......eeirgh....

Beautiful

I don't think SSB can even take his hoody off.

>no belt

You fucking madman

What'd you do for reps before you hit that anyway?

Gonna go for my first 405 squat tonite wish me luck friends

Good luck dude.

*shits into thread*

Alex strongman will never be as fast as me and be able to enjoy playing basketball, soooo

Hanks user! It went great, first rep was so smooth i went for a second and dumped it at the bottom. Fuckin forgot to turn on the camera tho

God damn you people.

You have a program for particular sets and reps for a reason. Don't alter it mid goddamn set unless you've hurt yourself.

I dont have a program. I train retarded but it works for me because i am retarded.

Really i train so submaximally all the time that i dont really need to worry about fucking my shit up. Before this 405 i had only squatted 315 for 4 sets of 8.

i think this might of been my first. was a form check

nice

Plutez your squat is so smooth dude. I think big numbers are in your future.

et more

thanks man i hope so. want to hit 2pl8 by 2018

no

L
E
L

Hey guys.

I've seen madcow discussed here a lot, but can anyone give me a description of their personal experience with it?

It seems really low in volume at first glance.

It's shit, do sheiko instead.

But I am literally straight outta stronglifts (4 months). Isn't sheiko kinda overkill?

do those g nuckols 28 meme programs

Madcow would be a very poor choice of program for someone coming off stronglifts as it has even less volume. You might progress in the short term but you'll very quickly end up being bottlenecked by the lack of volume/work capacity.

There are a bunch of programs floating around, do one of the easier. It shouldn't be that much harder than stronglifts.

r ur heels coming off the ground bcuz it looks liek your're are heels coming off the ground

those actually fucking work

Well my biggest weakness right now is the deadlift. I've been stuck on around lmao3plate for like three weeks, meanwhile I am still able to increase my bench and squat weekly (2.5kg). I can't see how even less volume (madcow could help with that), so I guess you're right, thanks.

I'll take a look at it, never heard the name.

Different people progress the big 3 at different rates. In that regard i'd also suggest looking into Nuckols' 28 free programs. You can pick a program for each lift that progresses at an appropriate rate. In your case you could pick faster squat and bench programs, and pick a slower more volume oriented deadlift one.

I'm sure it goes without saying but make sure your diet, sleep, stress levels and technique are up to scratch first. Much easier to improve these first than to make a drastic change in your programming.

my squat is seriously lacking, so much that its within 20kg of my bench now. its been stalling so bad I make lith look normal. I'm trying to use tm for it but I've failed the intensity days 3 times in a row now. what'd be reccomended to do instead then?

Well my diet isn't actually as on point as it used to be, but adjustments are scheduled.

Anyway, what exactly do you mean by 'stress levels'? As in generally being stressed out because of school/work etc?

Exactly that.

Do a bunch of volume for 8 weeks and then peak

*farts*
*cums into hand*
*chucks it at your face**

Post favorite blushoes quotes pls

I liked it when he was hitting himself but i cant recall anything specifically he said

Is there a youtube of his or something?

Heres his channel. Still cant tell if retarded or trolling but i think its a 50/50 thing
youtu.be/8qA6tToHgLs

I like it. The pyramid sets where you have to hit a PR fatigued are fun and enjoyable. Friday back-off sets are fun and enjoyable.

You PR essentially every workout.

Volume isn't that low if you count every rep.

SS -> Madcow -> TM -> HLM or something like that is the proper order I think. TM should start at about 180kg x 5 x 5 squat.

>me struggling with 3pl8

wew

Shit I bet he can beat up Sean Sean is in for a rough ride

Well I'll think about it.

I just can't understand how essentially lifting less can make you progress more. Are 5x5 working sets really that exhausting for your body that regeneration is a limiting factor?

Nice projection Dino

Lifting for the revolution today lads, viva Fidel

A classic.

>I just can't understand how essentially lifting less can make you progress more
:D

Madcow is late novice/early intermediate. It is not supposed to compete with TM or sheiko in terms of volume. It just werks up to a point. Probably a combination of volume, fatigued 5RMs and 3RMs, and back-off sets, or who knows what.

Ok, I get that.
How's it been working for you so far?

>TM should start at about 180kg x 5 x 5 squat.

breh

Plateaus happen for one of two reasons: doing too much or doing too little, In the former case, you're doing too much volume to recover from, so you start overreaching and are in no position to try to display your improvements on PR sets. Reducing volume can be a way to start progressing, but so can improving your recovery.

In the latter case you're simply not doing enough work to produce an adapation from your body, assuming all other recovery factors are on point. If you've been through the SS/SL process of doing a 10% or so reset every time you fail on a certain weight, but you are still getting stuck on the same load as before after building back up, then you'll only start progressing when you start doing more volume.

The reason why Madcow "works" for people just coming off SS/SL is it ends up working like a peaking block: intensity stays high while volume decreases. Long term progress however is always driven by an increase in volume. If your absolute priority is to display max strength in the short term (8-12 weeks) then go for Madcow, but you will suffer in your longer term development.

Dunno, just finished a week of squatting. I guess I did set new PRs considering I hit my TM 5 and 3RMs after 80-90% 5RM sets. Will start a new week tomorrow and see if I was able to turn my 3RM into a 5RM.

I've been told Gbro finished madcow with 5 plate squat and Lascek wrote that majority of TM VD sets were done with ~405lbs. Plus there's that one guy who did SS and ended up with a 180 x 3 x 5. So 180 x 5 x 5 before TM seems achievable.

Are you sure Madcow is simply peaking? Its volume is a bit higher than SS, again if you consider all sets and not just ~80%+ sets, and it's touted as a "bodybuilding" program even.

Did you do it?

I think the important thing is to choose the program, stick with the program, work hard at it and eat/sleep enough to recover and grow. Set up the process and then the program will take you to whatever weight you are capable of.

Turkey mince is the best lean meat desu, so easy to cook.

Most people go from SS to TM, and I very much doubt that even 3% of the people who started TM even ended it with 405 for 5x5. I think that was around the end of Lascek's TM run.

I go through two 20oz packs a week, ez as fuk to cook and dirt cheap.

>easy to cook

what does this even mean

I wouldn't say it's purely peaking, but in this instance where we have someone coming off Stronglifts, it will act as such. A ramped 5x5 up to a top set around 80% will always be less volume than a straight 5x5 across at the same intensity.

If i've given the impression that Madcow is a bad program or it doesn't work then I haven't written clearly enough. What I am trying to say that each program you choose to do must be chosen in the context of how much volume you are used to has got you to where you are, and that general trend should be upwards.

Most people jump off SS way before their novice gains peter out just because they don't eat enough and don't wait 5 minutes inbetween sets.

Small wonder they end up doing TM with a 3 plate squat and stall five months later because they didn't eat enough.

It takes two minutes in a pan with a half-assed attempt at seasoning to be pretty good.

>People who think they could beat Sean in a fight

Lmao @ your pathetic deluded life

listen man I don't care who you think you are but blushoes is a psycho

Does anyone take baths regularly? Started recently, seems to be great for my legs.

No I take a shower like any non socially inept individual.

That's actually great explanation, thank you.

I don't have a bath, I live in a tiny apartment

Remember relative intensity is a factor that influences what you get out of your training. If volume was the only factor, every powerlifter would be doing GVT.

I think Mike Tuchscherer had a good analogy regarding intensity and volume with using a compass when going on a hike. Intensity is the compass, it tells you which direction you'll go in (what type of adaptation you get). Volume is how far you walk in that direction (magnitude of the adaption).

I have cat back sub 2pl8 deadlift vids, I have struggling sub 1pl8 squat vids

2 bad 2 post

I have never fit in a bathtub completely and I am only 6' tall. Who designs these fuckin tubs, I just wanna be able to get most of me in the hot water pls.

Does that mean I can measure volume with nol times cosine of intensity?

lol oh jesus

youtube.com/watch?v=87cvlLc37Ys

Shut up nerd

youtube.com/watch?v=s6IHSt3H-n0

Ow my head

Must be the secret behind RTS.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdAQcwxICXU

Well way to ruin our fun, talentchad.

>convinced gym owner to purchase a SSB
May the memes guide me to many gains.

Awww maaaaan

I wish my gym owner would do this.

How much do you have to squat before the gym owner listens to you?

I'm not particularly close to the gym owner, he's more of a bodybuilder. But I'm coaching someone there that is (he teaches some kickboxing cardio class at the gym) and that guy convinced the owner.

>Spending 1000 dollar on some meme bar
Just try harder instead, doing meme No 2442355 won't give you better results.

>gym has multiple locations
>all of which have literally every meme bar, SSB, Duffalo bar, tsunami bar
>but all of the regular barbells are shit with shit knurling
>Rogue HQ is a sub 20 minute drive away

REEEEEE

Aren't Ohio bars only $200? Just buy one.

More memes = More Total