Guys with like x2 bodyweight bench, what's your story? How do I do that?

Guys with like x2 bodyweight bench, what's your story? How do I do that?

bench 3 or 4 times a week, do full body routines if you're natty.

get your OHP up and your bench wil skyrocket, huge crossover.

source: weigh 180lb at 6'0 and 1RM is 365

I bench everyday. Ive been gaining about 60 pounds per year. It just takes patience. Definitely not diet or routine cause i eat ~70g protein on average and just bench everyday.

I thought the gains train was gonna end but 3weeks ago i slipped on another 20 lbs after 13month stall

Im 5'9 210 bench 465

throw barbell bench out the window and switch over to dumbbell

having to stabilize that weight when its heavy as fuck and keeping your form in check will fucking rip your muscle fibers to shit. the soreness i feel after a session of barbell benching is blown out of the fucking water by a few sets of dumbbell pressing

das jus me tho

be a manlet with low bodyweight and short rom

I went sl 5x5 -> greg nuckols 3 day beginner -> 3 day int med -> sheiko

>started halfway through september
>have been doing legs recently because elbow injury
H-how am I doing
[spoiler] I had to untick a load of exercises because my gym has fuck all equipment [/spoiler]

Shit I just realised I do dips and chin ups

I have the same problem as OP.
I'm 70 kg bw, can deadlift 115 kg, squat 85 kg, OHP 37,5 kg but only bench 55 kg. Even my pendlay row weights are higher than my bench.

In freedom units thats
155 bw
250 dl
190 squat
120 bench
80 lbs OHP

And those are sets of 7, not 1 rep maxes.
Lifting for 7 months, started as skinnyfat, I was benching just the bar back then but still, 55 kg / 120lbs is shit regardless.

frame thick enough to hold the weight

Kinda hard to tell without any numbers. It has also only been like a month, can't really see significant gains yet. Your SS looks like a normal person who started lifting a month ago. Could be a lot worse tho. Some people have purple or in worst case scenario pink in their SS. Keep it up

>Im 5'9 210 bench 465

pls tell me you are natty user.

what has helped me increase my bench was changing it up a bit. If I was struggling in one rep range I would switch to another. I mostly did 8-12 then eventually went to 8reps completely before going to 5x5 then 3x5 then back up to 3x8-12 and my bench just kept going honestly. technique is what sometimes gave me 5-10kg jumps in a rather short amount of time like bracing better, leg drive, slight arch and other stuff

how often do you bench ?

Usually twice a week, doing PPLxPPLx. Thanks for the tips

>sets of 7

There's your problem. Sets of 7 provide ZERO gains

Kek

I think twice a week is pretty good. what I also found is that improving the way you warm up can give you quite a bit more strength. I used to warm up with higher reps and lower weight and in my personal experience that is inferior to lowrep higher weight warmup. Let's say you want to bench 60kg x 5 next workout here is how I would warm up:

>bar x10-15
>30kg x 5
>40kg x 5
>50kg x 1
>55kg x 1

Personally I find that kind of warmup way better than going for sets of 10-12 or some stuff because it prepares you better for the weight you are about to bench and drains you less.

also always focus on moving the bar as fast as possible on the way up even on your warmups. try to do your warmup sets exactly like you would do your working sets.

Thanks for the advice user, gonna try this stuff out next time I bench.

Lift for 2 years

really miring those colors man.

we have very similar stats, lifted for 7 months too and have identical DL and squat except i bench 67.5kg and ohp 47.5 for 5. i progress by working up to 5x5 and then microloading 2.5kg and working my way back to 5x5 again. 20 sets of pressing a week divided into 2 upper body sessions consisting of either flat+incline bb bench OR ohp+dips. thoughts?

What's the site you use to get that body chart?

google symmetric strength

High volume, high frequency, high intensity.

calithsetikcs and clean diet. I am 5'7 140lbs, low bf, great genetics and Im not sure if it matters but im on nofap for 2months. Max bp 270lbs.

not 2x bw, 145 kg bench @ 92.7 kg
i made huge improvements with 5/3/1
JUST bite the bullet and go slow on the progress

went 5 times / week lifting, 2 of them where the "bench" day of 5/3/1

*82.7 kg