/injuries/ - Eternally Hurt Pussies General

Who /injured/ here? Apparently we're all always hurt on this board.

List your injuries then reply to other people with your own experiences and recovery stories

>patellar tendonitis
>costochondritis
>blown rotator from benching

I've had these for over a year now and I'm thinking of going full dumbbell mode for all pressing lifts. Do I say goodbye to my gains?

rippetoe recommends DB bench over BB bench anyway so that's fine. if a strength who has a crush on barbells recommends DBs, do it.

you might lose something in stopping OHP, but maybe i'm wrong, i've never seriously done standing DB OHP.

>he fell for the dips meme

>rippetoe recommends DB bench over BB bench anyway so that's fine
he does not and anecdotally gyms don't have the dumbell range to sensibly program DB bench

A lot of gyms have dumbbell bars you could add plates to

Name one benefit that you can't get from other exercises with MORE safety

Broke both thumbs twice, four concussions, couple sprained ankles

>Rotator cuff healed (took 1 year and 1/2)
>Minor wrist and knee injuries

he does, read SS

but yeah the problem with DBs is the high increments of increase

I have a Hip Labral tear. Tore it pretty good too.

Going in for surgery later this week. About fucking time too, I've been fucking around with the physio who thought it was a muscular problem and I haven't been able to train legs at all for 3-4 months. My legs are shrinking before my eyes and it makes me so fucking depressed. Should I stop working out all together until I'm recovered so I don't have the 'leg day skipper' body? It's closing in on summer here in Aus and im gonna have to wear long pants all season to avoid the shame.

How'd you heal your cuff? Did you stop lifting?

>four concussions
Is your IQ in the mid 50s now?

Bitches don't care about legs if that's what you're worried about. Although personally I find that legs lose the least strength or muscle when untrained for a while, compared to the upper body at least.

I have rheumatism and it effects my right knee so I can not do deadlifts.

I'm incapable of getting girls so i only really care about what dudes think

>tfw i typed this seriously

do mental injuries that keep you off the gym count?

Who else osteoarthritis here?

pulled tendon pulley from rock climbing

shin splints

broken heart

I only stoped doing exercises that hurt,actually made it worse several times, inluding starting Oly while i was already having pain.

In T nation they have really good exercises for rehab.

for (You)

Man up faggot

Here's your prescribed workout

>2x5 think about that qt warmups
>3x8 pictures stalked qt on fb
>3x15 fap supersets with
>3x15 feeling guilty for fapping to qt
>3xF posting on a cambodian moving colored pictures imageboard

>get new oly shoes
>get injured the same day
>can't lift

not where i live. i've never seen that out of 4 gyms.

ive read SS. he doesn't for that particular reason.

tendinitis in left tricep where it interacts with the elbow. Felt squirrelly doing some tricep extentions, w/e. Move to OHP 2pl8, only right side goes up, panic.jpg

>Several fractures on my left wrist, so can only go up to 235 lbs bench.
>Left shoulder dislocated while doing BJJ.
>Left knee dislocated back in junior high (no longer relevant though)

The wrist injury came from someone leaving a 23 lb plate on the high storage peg of a power rack. Fell and hit my wrist when I grabbed a 45 from a rack right next to the power rack. Guess the person who put it there didn't have the common sense to put his plates in order from heaviest at the bottom to lightest at the top.

It has gotten better though, and hopefully within 2 or so months, I'll be able to make some chest gains that doesn't involve dumbbells. Either that, or it's permanently fucked.

not op, but I stopped lifting for 6 weeks and just did lots of stretching and warmups. I only did legs and forearm grips

>do calf raises and forearms for extremities
>ankle pain, wrist pain, ankle nerve falling asleep

Fuck extremities. My end parts are just too weak to handle weight I guess since I haven't played sports in 5 years. My first exercise for both gave me pain. Didn't even get doms, just pain.

Butthurt because TRUMP IS NOT MY PRESIDENT.

>do barbell hip raises
>hurt my upper back / shoulder, they weren't supported properly on the bench
>haven't lifted in a week, pain still there
what do?

Take 2 full weeks off brah.
If my knees or shoulders flare up I just rest and it helps alot.
Also
>Fell on wrist 4 weeks ago
>Can't do any flat palm pushing
>No signs of healing

Give it another week.

...you had a hairline fracture lmao.

>costochondritis
How do i fucking deal with this. I try to have a good posture, but every few days i feel pain in my sternum.

My shin splints just went away with time but yeah they can be a bitch. I'm guessing it's from running? Cement floors can have bad effects on your knees. Research about being light footed and running/landing with proper form.

>6 weeks
I'm afraid I'll look like a skelly. The last time I missed a month or so I lost literally all of my gains. (I was hospitalized for a week though)

When I was recovering from a sprain I just did ankle rotations while sitting on my desk, everyday. It worked out pretty well. Don't forget to warm up and stretch them before exercise too.

I feel guilty as fuck when I miss workouts for muscle groups though breh I know I should rest but a part of me wants to still do something.

>tfw no pain no gain

Maybe you can try adjusting your barbell grip? Palms must remain perfectly vertically aligned with your forearm when pressing anyway and the bar should only rest on the meat of your thumb. There are vids online about this.

lmao /costochondritis/ here. Don't worry user you're not alone, a shitload of us have this. 2 years and counting for me.

I just avoid dips now. Cracking my sternum used to give me some relief but now it just sends this jolt of extreme pain when aggravated.

Has anyone here overcome this?

>Sore lower back - almost 3 years
I don't think I've ever slipped a disc. My lower back just gets sore from DLs/squats/rows. I'm sure I have a straight spine when doing them though. Could this be caused by my anterior pelvic tilt? I've done some research and this might explain why even if my spine is straight, I still get this soreness which makes my tilt worse after workouts.

there are flyes machines where you can push with your arms in an L shape

>performed one (1) reverse curl 8kg
>give myself tennis elbow
Although, I have made the past week "leg week" and I broke my PR for seated leg press which is nice

try looking forward/down instead of up
fixed it for me as I was looking up and hyperextending just a little bit.

Was having pain issues at 120kg, now at 140kg deadlift with no troubles

Just keep doing rehab until you feel nothing for two weeks. I was good after three weeks, but I wanted to reinforce it more and feel fine after washing dishes/ doing laundry/ shoveling shit/ grabbing groceries etc

>>patellar tendonitis
Take a week off from any knee-loaded exercises, including deadlifts.
Do high-rep slow eccentric decline single-leg half-squats, when you get to the bottom position use your both legs to stand up again.
You'll want it to feel it a little, a bit pain is okay, but not too much.
If you're not sure what I mean exactly, just websearch "eccentric squat patellar tendinitis".

Take a week off from any triceps exercises, including any sort of pressing exercise.
Don't do any triceps isolation exercises (besides the ones that I say), until you've fixed your issue.
Do (more) dumbell curls, including regular, hammer, and reverse grip curls.
Do high-rep slow eccentric cable triceps extensions, both regular and reverse grip.
Do wrist extensor and wrist flexor strengthening exercises.
If they bother your wrists, do them isometrically.

>shin splints
Strengthen your anterior tibialis, and stretch your calves.

Lateral and medial epicondylitis.
Shin splits
Knee pain
>Did not lift for 10 months.
>kill me please