Is running actually bad for your heart?

Is running actually bad for your heart?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3298928)
youtube.com/watch?v=Y6U728AZnV0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

are you retarded?

Of course. Have you ever seen a runner over 20?

>humans
>best long distance runners on the planet
>bad for heart
>what.jpg

yeah, best long distance runners if you wanna die at the age of 40... no person ever, who did end up living long, had anything to do with running, keeping their heart intact

This

>running long distances

enjoy your lelnogains and left ventricle hypertrophy

is this a meme or is everyone in this thread stupid? runnings good for your heart and overall health. Weve known this for a long time now

Holy fuck. I just ran two miles and I haven't gone for a run in more than six months. Felt great btw. Tfw it took 19 minutes...:(

Nope.
Theres a thread about stupid questions that dont deserve their own thread someware

I heard running breaks down your heart muscle and the next day they build up stronger.

kekd

>Is stressing out your heart bad for it

Of course

Nope

In moderation cardio is healthy.

In an extreme way it's harming.

And remember: real cardio is trying to keep your hear rate low during your activity.
All the retarda that run thinking they have to go until they puke are actually causing more harm than benefit.

If you run with high heart rate, then that should be an exception during the week - around 1.5-3 hours a week maximum.

So this is all bait, right?

>tfw dead from all the high intensity running

Why do people always use "he does this, so it can't be unhealthy" arguments?

I don't want to sound fedora here, but it's incredible how many people are simply stupid.
If your pic meant to imply what I took it for then you are actually dumb.

Running after fasting for 3 days and doing methamphetamine is really bad for your heart.

Most people don't understand what a good argument is made of. That said, this thread has gotten the argument level it deserves. I haven't seen anybody make a good argument for cardio being bad for you, so it's kind of poetic that the responses you get are shitty arguments for why it's good for you.

Cardio will KILL you. Pic related, what a HEALTHY man looks like.

But I sometimes cannot get over the fact that people on here are actually simply stupid.
How is it even possible that someone could possibly consider what he was trying to argue with a good argument? I'm going full autism mode trying to imagine this.

I see more runners 30-55 than over 20...

>makes retarded generalisation
>responds with retarded extrapolation

running is for suicidal nutcases. I'd much rather spend money on DNP and live past 40 than die a broken man with pulverized knees and a thin water balloon for a heart.

If by long distance running you mean like 23 mile runs then yeah. If its the occasional 2-5 miles no thats really healthy.

>Haile Gebrselassie
>starving
I know it's not saying much but he's one of the richest men in Ethiopia.

too bad he'll lose all of it on heart surgery and prosthetic legs

they don't actually believe what they're saying, it's just "hilarious" and novel to teenagers to post dumb stuff anonymously and get a few people to argue with them.

>implying that straining your heart is healthy

Man, these are the people who give advice around here.

That could be a thing yeah.

no but it's bad for your kness and feet

>running
>straining
The heart is a muscle. It's bad if you push it too far, but like every other muscle in our body, exercise is good for it.

This. I remember tons of people running in High School. I haven't seen any of them in years. I assume they're dead by now.

Also, the military runs all the time and they have one of the highest suicide rates of any industry in the US. It's not a fucking coincidence.

Shart in marts are internationally renowned to be mentally weak though

I've read that marathon distance or longer causes microscopic scale heart damage, but it heals soon.

If you have a heart disease, then running can be bad for you as many people with heart diseases have died during a run. Not so many without heart disease. (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3298928)

Running is good for your heart as long as your heart is healthy and the running stress doesn't go over your heart's healing capacity. For most of people running an hour or two in a day would still be completely safe for your heart.

just let it sink in that trump won the election with 10% of the voters being 18-28 year olds on Veeky Forums who were just pretending to be stupid and racist to be funny and the other 90% were actually retarded and racist inbred hillbillies.

>trump is racist
Media did a good job brainwashing everyone.

>responding to b8

The thing is a lot of people actually believe this, even on Veeky Forums. So really it might not even be bait.

How long does it take to finish a Sprint triathlon? I wanna do one soon.

(800m swimming, 20km biking, 5km running)

???

1-2 hours.

I thought running prevented heart disease.

>good for the soul

D R O P P E D

I agree, Trump might not be racist. But if you've ever seen a Trump supporter in real life they're either some kid who just think it's funny or some retarded redneck who is most likely a racist.

Idk man name me some intelligent and unironic Trump supporters and I may change my mind

>straining your heart
Maybe if you drank four red bulls then sprinted and stopped a dime but your heart is a muscle, and you need to exercise or it becomes weak and doesn't work as efficiently

You're so right. Just as every Bernie and Hillary supporter I've met is a nu male dyel with no chin. I wonder who all the normies voted for.

It really is doe.

Runners
>mentally healthy
>physically fit
>happier than non runners
Weight lifters
>loud self obsessed try hards who care more about staring at themselves under perfect lighting than being healthy
>body dysmorphia/narcissism
>expensive weight training equipment
>far less health benefits than running

Well uh most athletes and fighters do both. No reason not to.

Cry more fag, I bet you can't run more than 2 miles without dropping to your knees gasping for air

Study shows long term exercise is good but not as good as short bursts of very strenuous work outs.

I will beat the shit out of you where do you live? I also do sprints for anaerobic so I will probably run faster than you too

this

And as a matter of fact op you should just do nothing at all, I mean the longer you sit in place the longer you preserve your body and its capabilities? R-right?

>what kind of routine you got dude?
>5 day split: back/bis, chest/tris, legs, shoulders, and soul

Running is great for your health. It also let's you eat more.

Well, looking at this board, that is actually true.
When you have these threads about running, there's always people that talk about how running is basically like an amphetamin injection, and they are always boasting about running while being genuinely happy.
And then there's the >tfw no gf type of people, who are autistic beyond saving and think that lifting will magically make all their problems disappear, which makes them even more frustrated and autistic when faced with a reality check.
Most lifters on this board are manchildren who shouldn't be lifting, because they're wasting their time.

>soulets

keep hatin

>youtube.com/watch?v=Y6U728AZnV0

tl;dw; Yes if you're older than 50 but still train like you're 20-something.
Also, fuck running and get a bike. Same cardio benefits without messed up joints down the road.

Obviously a meme, but I think there can be heart issues later in life for those runners who really push it--i.e. ultra runners.

>keyboard warrior
you sound like a bitch

I do both to make up for my ugliness and social retardation.

30-55 is over 20...

>name me some intelligent and unironic Trump supporters and I may change my mind
>unable to think for himself so relies on celebrities to make up his mind

Or do you just want me to name some of the 62 million ordinary people who voted for him? Ok. Jeremy Carpenter, Felicity Johnson and Santiago Garcia.

>runners who really push it
>ultra runners

He probs means betweeen 20 and 30.
I have the same imprresion, but maybe this because people at that age start realizing that health is not granted forever and you need to do something.

>because people at that age start realizing that health is not granted forever and you need to do something.

This. After 30 you have to work to maintain your body properly.

Humans are not long-distance runners and never have been. Humans are designed to either walk or sprint, running is inefficient and unhealthy.

Younger people do contact sports or track work, when you start getting old, you are too slow for track and you get injured too often in contact sports so you do running instead because it's less stressful to the body.

>humans sprinting

a beagle dog can run faster than Usain Bolt

Small to moderate running is great for you. But once you start training to go half marathons (this is obviously different based on the individual) not only does the benefits of cardio and their carry over go away but it begins to put an excessive strain on one's body and heart.

If you assholes really want more info and actual sources I will track them down after I lift.

Also this isn't me saying cardio/running is bad. Just like anything else you can't do too much.

I started running 5ks every other day since July and my resting heart rate went from 80 to 70

I am not sure if that's good or bad

>excessive strain on one's body and heart.

can you define excessive?

when trying to break my 5k PR I seriously feel like my heart is about to explode

is that excessive?

No.
Still, running more than 10km is useless.

A heart rate of 80 is too high.

But improvments are always good and 70 isn't quite athlet tier, but ok I guess

Moderate running is good. But super strenuous running for hours really is genuinely bad.

I read about it years ago, don't have sources anymore.

Yes, my father started running in his mid 40s, he lost over 20kg through it. If anything, it helps your heart

running too much fucks up your knees for sure even when you're a skelly, especially when your somewhat heavy.

>Those baby calves.
I'll never runa marathon in my life

I used to run half maratons, can confirm I'm dead

fighting endurance requires way more than just sprints kid

To everyone that thinks running destroys you knees, wrecks your heart, I give you Ed Whitlock, 85 yr who owns all the age-group records, ran a 3:56:33 marathon this year.

Using an Age-Graded calculator, that translates to a 2:08:57 marathon.

how long can you run without bringing water? can't be arsed to drag a bottle along

So I competed in Ironman Arizona last weekend.

I would like to see these articles that say my cardio benefits have gone away with the training.

Cause me and the 2500 other people racing, and the 2000 volunteers looking to sign up for next year looked like their training was still benefiting their cardio

Running with bad form fucks up your knees
bad form will shorten your running career

lifting with bad form can fuck up most anything
bad form will shorten your lifting career

The problem is bad form, not the exercise itself

I'm adviced to bicycle instead of running after fucking up my meninscus. Osteoarthisis in knees yo.

I don't think the temporary forces you get on knees from sprinting on a concrete are healthy for a normal knee either.
Pounding impulse corresponding to over twice the bodyweight repeated many times will fuck things up over time.