Strict OHP for 110 lbs 5x5

>Strict OHP for 110 lbs 5x5
>Delts still aren't popping out, at all
What the FUCK
I know this is still DYEL territory, but I expected them to stick out even a little.
Do I have to hit 135 for reps until I can see some progress

Genetics/insertions mine are round and pop and I'm pretty fat just with defined arms. Keep going though

I'm a manlet and I started seeing it when I hit 120x5

>5x5 lifting scheme
>expecting mass gains

u a dummy

3x5 Military Press
Then
Front Raises 4x10
Face Pulls 4x10
DB OHP(with wide lock out) 4x10

Shoulders take years of volume to pop my dude

or just takes roids :^)

OHP only really hits front delts.
Lateral and rear delts contribute more to the 3D delt look.

Height and weight?

5'9
175-ish I think?
Also I'm fat as fuck, but I can at least see my arms, chest, lats, traps, back etc. developing, its just shoulders that I can't see
Are shoulders the type of muscle to really be hidden by fat, kind of like abs?

Fuk
I also do lat raises, but I only do 12.5 lbs at 5x15

Thanks m8ties.

Even Zydrunas doesn't have bowlingball delts m8, don't sweat it. It's probably a lot to do with volume and genetics and maybe even "genetics"

that's just because he's fat

no

his front delts are fucking insane though

Same person got bronze, silver AND gold....

Yeah they're insane, but they're not really as round as I think most people want when they try to get big delts. Not that I personally care.

No if you look closely the Bronze-winner is twice as wide as the other two.

Gold: Zydrunas Savickas
Silver: Krysztof Radsikowski
Bronze: Vytautas Lalas

heres a tip, shoulders respond VERY VERY WELL to volume, so now adjust, and for ohp, what worked for me was to do a top set of 4-6 reps as heavy as i can go, then back off 15-20% and get 6-8 clean reps for 2-3 sets, then go crazy with the lat raises and face pulls

Yeah, true.
Maybe that's (partially) because lateral delts aren't as important in strong man as the front delts, so he trains them less?

idk, but I'm quite certain that his front delts are blasted thoroughly with his log press being so ridiculously far ahead of everyone else's

those delts are huge you're just comparing them to his other muscles.

if it makes you feel better OP, I could strict OHP 1 plate (standing) for 5 eps and I had DYEL tiers shoulders because I have long arms and am 6ft3

genetics, my friend

Yes, but is OP going to neglect his other muscles just to get the desired look? Probably shouldn't and probably won't.

>5x5
>expects hypertrophy

If you want to increase size, you need to do 8-12 reps. 5 reps is in the range that just develops neuromuscular function.

Oops, got bronze and silver wrong, my bad.
Bronze: Radsikowski
Silver: Vytautas

>Do 3x5 or 5x5 OHP at max weight
>Then 5x10 OHP and some side raises
The strength training encourages the body to not stay the same

Can, can we stop with the fucking meme already? Sure, one does more than the other, but it's not like your body magically switches at 7 reps. You get some of the benefits from both as long as you are lifting.

I gained about 5 pounds in the first few months of 5 reps and then pretty much nogains since then.

You're doing something wrong you can't be stuck for several months

Weights are going up but not gains because strength training mainly trains nervous system.

>you can't be stuck for several months
you haven't tried lifting for more than a year, have you?

If you're over 5'10, 1pl8 OHP isn't impressive and is pretty DYEL. Most people hit that in 6 months or under, assuming they aren't starting at 120 lb bodyweight.

I was assuming he was more a beginner, of course if you're already on a high level you can be stuck for ages.

Okay

>I was assuming he was more a beginner
ah, okay nevermind then.