Has your mindset on being fit changed since you first lifted?

Has your mindset on being fit changed since you first lifted?

I used to want an aesthetic Zyzz type body, lift a shit ton of weight, and ignored cardio. I then took up MMA 6 months ago and my views changed.

Pretty much satisfied with with the body of pic related, care more about endurance and combat skills than how much I can pick up.

How r the combat skillz going

Kewl blog. But srsly I'm of the same build as pic related. Zyzz type was never in my cards so I've had a more whole fitness athletic approach. No fighting tho my face is too pretty for that mess.

>MMA
>combat skills
lol

Pretty good. I kinda want to get into amateur fighting in about 4 years then maybe consider pro after like another 4. But we'll see what happens with having a career and fighting.

have fun training "pretend fighting" you idiot.

i've been doing street fighting since i was a teenager. you wouldn't be able to handle a real fight with a real fighter.

Yea when I was young I wanted to be that skinny guy that was ten times stronger than he looked.

It kind of worked for me because I did alot of martial arts in those days and it was satisfying to see the look in guys eyes when they realise how much their ego just fucked them up but i'd rather have miring girls.

this guys cool, ya just know

Who do you main?

I kinda was forced to.

Used to be a runner but my knee fucked up so I picked up weight lifting

sim

What the fuck lol

same here. I started doing typical 5x5 meme,

but i have picked up oly lifting, bjj and mt 3 months ago and care less and less about looks and more about technique and skill.

how did you pick up mma?

If you're a manlet then Conor's body will look good on you. If you are a lanklet then you will look good close to Arnold tier.

Its so sad seeing overcompensating manlets at the gym. As a manlet myself, I don't think girls would find it attractive when your body can't handle packing too much muscle and fat. They look so weird, its like their shoulders are as big as their heads.

I DONT LIFT FOR AESTHETICS YOU STUPID FAGGOT.

I TRAIN FOR STRENGTH.

It's never been about the fucking body

Multiple reasons

>My girlfriend and I split
Lifting weights wasn't really making me feel better. Exhaustion from MMA does though!
>Gonna join law enforcement
Figured it would help me prepare myself
>Interest in fighting as amateur

I used to be a brosplitter, i thought i wanted to be huge, but lately i got into Ancient Greek stuff and realized that's the kind of route i wanna go. Basically i want to achieve god-like aesthetics, not necessarily very big but rather like a statue of Apollo, or a statue by Arno Breker (nazi sculptor).

I used to want to look like Zyzz, now I want to look like pic related

I'll be sure to call you when I need furniture moved

Did some years of typical bro'ed program using tons of machines and shit, didn't have good lifts and looked average.

Browsed Veeky Forums one day and zyzz used to post here, then some other fags here and there, got into the whole aesthetic kind of thing.

Then the plg and oly crowd started to gain traction, and did some plg because I have shit C&J and S forms. Went to a meet once with a shit avg and had fun.

Stopped lifting for 2 years, body went to shit, I'm starting again and dunno, now it's more of a health thing. I do want to look good but the zyzz figure requires too much effort I'm not willing to give, PL is fun and comfy so I'll do it again.

I'd say the biggest changes are:
>legs are important
thank fit for that otherwise I'd have stuck with a brogram
and
>doing it because it's actually fun and being friends with regulars at the gym and meets is pretty comfy

WEAKLING.

no not why, how
I want to learn how to defend myself but dont know where to start
T. fit guy about to graduate undergrad who deep down knows he cant fight at all

Look up places near you online. And do research on the coaches.

The head coach fought in the UFC (wasn't a big name), has title belts of smaller promotions in his gym, the other coaches have also had amateur fights

Also a good gym is probably going to be from $100-$150.

But if you just want basic self defense, take up boxing? Its much cheaper.

Same situation. Except I switched from boxing to lifting years ago. (gave up boxing when I realized I naturally sucked)

But yeah. Same situation. This is usually the time of year I'm ramping up the calories to put on more mass.. But I'm going to start cutting already. And I find myself not caring at all if I lose lean muscle.

I'm just not digging the "big" look anymore. I dunno. Maybe I got bored of it. Or maybe it's just not "cool" anymore. I dunno man. But I feel like I wasted a lot of time and money. And also sacrificed my health with tren and stimulants.

I'm going to keep lifting, obviously. I don't want to have loose as fuck skin. But I sort of wish I never bothered starting this journey all those years ago.

>tfw it's not looked down upon to post your physique online
>tfw live in a cold climate where topless weather is one or two days a year

Heihachi

>Has your mindset on being fit changed since you first lifted?
Yes. I first went to Veeky Forums because I wanted a 6 pack. Now I'm a powerlifting, neo-nazi, misogynist, stem student who only fucks trannies.

Wtf Amateur fighting in 4 years? Bro with proper training and dedication on your part you could fight amateur in 6-8 months.

>tips fedora

When i first started i wanted to be fit and lean. Now i wanna be Jacked, and Juicy.

I started out running 3 miles a day with no lifting and only eating salad. I thought I'd get ottermode but I just got pain in my knees. Then I wanted to get jacked and lean so I started lifting. Now I wanna be a thicc juicy daddy.

You think so? Guess I underestimated myself. We'll see my progress then

It's not that hard on amateur level, but you REALLY need to respect your body, or you'll wreck it beyond saving.
One of my best friends popped his knee while training. He said that it was no biggie back then. What do you know, he fucks his knee up during an amateur fight a few months later.
He tore two ligaments and some parts of his knee are now hypermobile, shaking to the sides and falling out of their places once in a while.
Dude wanted to join special forces, but now his only chance is a desk job at the army.
Seriously, respect your body.

Yeah I was told to get supplements for your joints and body. Currently taking krill oil. Don't know what else to get

Ganondorf

PUMP
PUH PUH
PUMP
PUH PUH
PUMP ON DA CONTRAST

real fighters don't use katanas

Not him, but drink malk or get enough calcium, vitamin D if you have shit sun, vitamin B is usually lacking in people, and omega is good but try to get it as refined and pure as possible, otherwise the impurities make it worse than not taking it.

Is this the guy fucking ronda rousey?

Matt Schaub was but then it turned to Travis Browne when he got cucked

sort of agree OP.

after SS and Madcow i got involved in powerlifting, it was cool but lacked the adrenaline i'm after. switched to olympic lifting.

wanted to learn to fight and started muay thai )can't really grapple due to a neck injury, so the clinch was always rough)

really respect people who train MMA but oly lifting is sweet as fuck

your penis would be 2 inch shorter.

What a whore. Can't wait for Nunes beating the shit out of her.

no conors girl isnt some she monster. Shes actually a dime thats been with him since the jump

>tfw no Dee gf who sacrifices so much for you

>tfw no qt dee with adorable brogue who stays with you through thick and thin

I know bra, i know

what happen to you

what happen to you, Veeky Forums

Who is this rodent?

BisKING will win buddeh

i don't get it