Martial arts general

post here if you actually live up to the outdated toughguy image that used to be associated with being big and strong.

what styles of fighting are the best for sport, fun, self development and self defense?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kd_oBd5DENk
bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26775
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

boxing

>pencetakesonfeminismhimself.jpg

this

used to powerlift/weightlift for a few years before getting bored...now almost exclusively box. iz fun being big,strong and capable of fighting

Boxing or Thai Boxing/Muay Thai

BJJ and Thai Boxing

Fuck, Mike Pence really is the most based VP ever

i think about joing boxing class in fitness center. IS that a good idea? I just want to learn some technique for self defense

do you still do any strength training?

this looks like an armani ad

any boxers here? i need opinions on hand wraps stretchy or regular?

that's areally nice fucking watch

kekd

trained muay thai for quite a bit.

thai boxing (the actual handwork) is relatively sloppy. i can out-box the average guy but no way in shit can i out-box a boxer or MMA fighter.

i really think boxing is the best for self-defense. some guy started with me at a bar a month ago, a lot bigger than me but out of shape. no doubt i could take him in a ring. but the reality is, that in a crowded bar, i wouldn't be able to kick him in the ribs. i walked away, but if i actually fought him it would have been all clinch and all hands. if he was a boxer, i'd be fucked.

What about elbows and knees? They're pretty effective in close quarters.

how dangerous is boxing though?
sometimes when we sparr I get light headed and my head is sore the next day, even if I dont get punched, just from defending.

what does your body look like now?

true. but the problem with clinching random people is that they'd probably panic and try to throw you. part of fighting is being relaxed, but the average person is going to tense up and flail as soon as you've got a hold on them. in MT there are rules. in a bar fight, if you clinch him, he can load you and toss you if he's bigger. my fear would be that he might just body slam me.

rather stick and move. i do agree on elbows, though.

this said if you clinch them and they panic/can't handle it, you'll break their posture so bad that you'll knee them in the face

Just learn judo.

yeh sometimes when i feel like it...mostly squats and deads maybe once a week. only for fun tho, not so seriously

De-escalate. Run. Don't go to shady places.

Martial arts are meme.

pretty mediocre. better than a normie but nothing like someone who trains for aesthetics

>that look of complete submission

kek

>run

i'd legit collapse after 30s of hard sprinting. i ain't outrunning any niggers anytime soon.

good call.

i have herniated c6 and i think grappling might aggravate it. taking a good hook certainly will.

i'm guessing judo has a lot of force on the neck. i don;t know anything about it desu

i like stretchy but i dont go through the fingures

do it. it will show you the basics and get you in good enough shape should you be actually interested enough to join an actual boxing gym

go for it, user. Boxing is arguably the easiest martial art to learn, and it's tons of fun. In any case, it's good cardio and you'll learn something.

boxing, muay thai and bjj are the best martial arts

everything else is a meme

I've been in judo for 15 years, and I've seen one broken neck, neck injuries are pretty rare.

It will aggravate your disc though, there's no getting around that.

>Martial arts are meme.
Until you can't do any of those things, can't call the police, don't have/can't use a gun or bullets and start really wishing you'd learned one

yeah at this point i think it's just going to be a part of life,

i train at a pretty high quality oly gym for the region and the PTs on staff have really fucking helped me. but still, a good hit will bother my neck for a few days. i don't think i can grapple which sucks

boxing

rest is garbage

>are the best martial arts
There is no 'best' martial art just the one you consistently train and practice
>everything else is a meme
Are you

why wouldn't I have my gun?
why wouldn't I have my knife?

can you imagine how wet she was during/after that treatment by such an alpha?
you can already see the vivid sexual fantasies in her eyes

are you retarded?

of course any trained martial art will always kick any unskilled ass

but some are just better and more developed than others

i.e. bjj

you obviously dont know anything about the subject

>you obviously dont know anything about the subject
And you're obviously projecting. You can say talk about arts pros and cons but to say
>best martial arts
>everything else is a meme
Is just nutriding and being willfully ignorant

>"Out in the streets fighting is on a whole different level my friend."
>"Just try your arm bar on me and I can gouge out your eye, kick you in the balls, and break every bone in your body FAST.:
>"Heh boxing that's rich. Who needs boxing when I can just kill my opponent aggressively in two seconds tops... "
>"It ain't a sport. It's not a martial art. We're training for the real world."
"HEY WHAT THE FUCK YOU PUNCHED ME IN THE FACE MAN."

Must have trained under a shit instructor why would you go for a clinch? Strike! even in a crowded place you could land a push kick between the ribs winding them or a decent mid kick to the ribs any untrained fighter or boxer would have no idea how to respond boxers are used to watching your hands. Fake with a left hook and fuck his day up with a spinning elbow. Countless options a boxer will never suspect as they are limited to there fists.

A clinch in a street fight is stupid what happens when his mates jump in and you're in a clinch? You leave yourself wide open to get royally fucked.

Stay on your feet and if you must fight its a life or death situation aim to disable your opponent as quick as possible and always be aware of whats around you.

Tbh it aint worth fighting best to deescalate the situation. Too much issues can arrise that will fuck up your life and when you've been trained and know where to land punches you can easily kill someone

im sure it was before you were born but try to look up ufc 1, before fighters trained more than one martial art and see how it went down

kek
in this interview youtube.com/watch?v=Kd_oBd5DENk Bas Rutten talks exactly about this kind of people

reality of bar fight is some fat faggot will bottle you or punch you in the back of the head when you turn around, then 4 of his buddies come and gg

do boxing gloves soften up after time?
i just got a new pair and i dont remember my old ones being this fucking hard

yeah they do

anyone know a good boxing gym in the south east suburbs of melbourne?
everything i see is either boxcercise or boxing for fitness shit

you might have more luck looking for boxing clubs like a sports clubs that compete if you cant find a gyms or looking up muay thai and kickboxing gyms usually they offer boxing aswell

Yeah thats why you have to be aware of your surroundings. Plus when the cunt goes to bottle you once they started swinging the bottle they cant change direction mid way through thats when you pounce.

One of the gradings for first dan in one of the martial arts i trained had you turned around and you had to accurately say how many people are behind you and in that grading you have half hour of constantly fighting 10 people with fresh people coming in every 5 mins to replace the others, i never made it that far due to work but i remember seeing a few people doing it and i was one of the multiple people fighting them. It was pretty intense they got pretty battered and bruised

local classifieds m8

I'd love to choke a skinny bitch out like that then fuck her in the ass while pinning her head and arms down.

this mofo looks classy as fuck even while choking some slut.

thanks senpai

black tie and brown shoes?
is this acceptable?

some Veeky Forumsg come here

senpai

what the fuck is this bullshit why does it change f.a.m into senpai?

senpai

test

black tie?

He is wearing a navy business suit, well cut. He is far too well dressed to be a security guy, his socks are knee high (i.e. no white calves showing), he wear a rolex on a NATO strap, his shirt is nicely tailored, has a nice spread collar, well tied tie knot (four in hand, slightly askew for nonchalance, subtle dimple).

with regards to the shoes: more conservative dressers would argue you need to wear black shoes with a navy business suit.

fashion foward people would say brown is acceptable with a navy business suit, but not tan, (tan is too casual).

>why wouldn't I have my gun?
>why wouldn't I have my knife?
Can't carry everywhere. There are places that don't allow it and you're not guaranteed to have it on you always everywhere you go. You won't always have it. It won't always be loaded. You won't always have bullets. Is there a crowd/bystanders? Can you shoot your target around some? Is your opponenet/target unarmed. How good will that look for you personally and especially legally to stab or shoot some one unarmed. Same/similar goes for knife. And another important question is can you just swing your knife around or properly use it.
When your without your weapons and your guaranteed to be and end up in a situation you can't otherwise get out of, what are you going to do. You'll definitely need that extra tool for something like that when you can't
This line of argumentations been covered already. The UFC/MMA is not end all be all of martial arts and that's certainly true for UFC's early years. Look at one of the go to guy's for TMA's representation Fred Ettish. He lost because of TMA's and then it became cool to jump on the bandwagon of any art that wasn't "real fightan". Except that's not at all what happend
>bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26775
And there wasn't any shortage of that corruption, change ups, and shitty fights throughout MMA and cage fighting's history either. You also can't be surprised that certain arts,like say Muay Thai do better than others in the cage when Nak Muay's Have been have been fighting under similar rules and in a similar format for longer (utilizes gloves, rings, etc.). You can't just slap gloves, different rules and a ring on art that hasn'thad them and expect to adapt as well at the same rate as one that has. Other arts that haven't but are no less effective need longer to adapt but once they do, and as proven by fighters like Stephen Thompson and Lyoto Machida, they have have no problem being incorporated, adapted and doing fine.

senpai

see what i mean?

If his belt is brown, yes.

So I am naturally an orthodox, but I find it easier to do spinning kicks when in southpaw.

Is this weird?

Are you being attacked by ninjas on a regular basis? I've never seen a fight start completely unprovoked with no back and forth. Where do people just randomly fly off the handle and start swinging?

It looks like he's protecting her in this photo.

Bjj is great but I'd take it with a grain of salt. Quick story:
>get job as barback/doorman
>mostly just swap kegs, get ice, bus tables, occasionally pour beers when I'm not checking IDs at the door, occasionally have to bounce people
>been doing Bjj for 2-3 months but have never been in a real fight
>actually kind of OK at it because I'm fairly athletic
>at work
>get called to back patio to bounce someone
>dude about my size is there obviously being belligerent, yelling at some other patron, bartender (skinny ass dude) is trying to defuse shit
>tell him he needs to leave
>he tells me to go fuck myself
>take his beer from him
>he punches me in the face
>immediately shoot on him and go for single leg, back him into a corner and can't take him down right away
>he punches me about 10 times in the head while I'm doing this
>clinch up and end up tripping backwards over a chair with him on top of me
>pull guard
>he punches me another 10-15 times while I try to tie up his arms
>eventually pull him into guillotine
>choke him out, he shudders for a second then goes limp and I let go
>kick him off me, he regains consciousness right away but is still pretty disoriented, bartender and I sort of guide/push him out the door and he leaves

I guess I technically "won" the fight but I ended up with
>2 black eyes
>bloody nose (not broken)
>cauliflower ear on right side which is now permanent
>shit load of cuts/ bruises on my cheeks and eyebrows

He was totally unscathed, not a scratch on him except maybe his knuckles.

The plus side was I got tipped out a shitload that night, plus one of the qt servers invited me to her house (we had beers but didn't fuck) but fuck man, if I'm going to "win" a fight I'd like to fuck the other person up at least a little. I started mixing in boxing right after that

this guy gets it. the best martial art is always going to be a combination of multiple martial arts. boxing/bjj is a good combo because it's essentially pure striking/pure grappling. throw in some muay thai or some bullshit for a couple years and you could probably beat 95% of males you see on the street

Yeah I kinda went in with the mindset of "well in a real fight I might take a couple punches but I'll still win." Which was sort of how it worked out, but "taking a couple punches" isn't nearly as fun in practice as it sounds.

Also,
>all these replies and no one has mentioned wrestling
A good wrestler will fuck your shit up

Also, checked

Been doing MA for 8 years now, 90% Muay Thai, 5% boxing, 5% submission wrestling.

If I was to get in a fight I would try to end it with 99% boxing or elbow knee strikes, 1% kicking, and or BJJ escapes. I don't like the extra legal penalties for breaking bones or destroying joints with submissions. Train almost every day in my home gym. Feels good.

no the best martial art is the one doesn't get you your ass whipped

I did judo for a month and a half and could still take you.

wrestling is excellent for teh streetz

>submission
dude, she's passed out. I'm on the varsity judo team at my uni, that's what happens when you do a proper non-blood (windpipe) choke. Slower than a blood choke but less dangerous if done properly. If done improperly it's much more dangerous lel

that gif looks like a standard o soto gari, are you trying to say his neck broke?

Wrestling/Judo+Boxing or Muay Thai

BJJ too if you make sure you learn your takedowns

Wrestler/boxer/savage (inb4 kek, it's fun try it some time) here.

Can confirm.
Strike> throw> ground>vegetable.

Other things I've learnt:
>Use you arms like ol' Bass.
>If there are cameras, let them swing first.
>No cameras? No problem. You strike and "control" first.
>Avoid the ground if at all possible, it doesn't move.
>Desalination before anything else (excluding when you get "that" feeling about them at the door even if they're a BSD "promoter" with seven ratchets on his arms, in that "we're full").
>Short hair is good.
>Expect the unexpected. Seen too many new guys with two months of Tap'n'Snap level """MMA""" get rekt by goobers who "don't follow the rules".
>Not the face.

Fyi I'm a big fan of stand-up wrestling throws.

Did 6 years of wrestling, and three years of boxing and BJJ.

Martial arts are cool. Winning a drunken fistfight against one of your bros or some douchebag in the high school locker room is fun.

Thinking they're going to save you in a life or death scenario is retarded. Get a gun.

I've done taekwondo for a couple of years, now I'm doing aikido and it's bretty cool.

this need consistency

>aikido

Nah, just a cool gif.

The neck break was at my club about 8 years ago

>Old guy loves to take a high grip behind the head and pull them in tight
>other guy tries to pull away
>old guy throws with harai goshi
>other guy doesn't breakfall at all, head slaps on the back of the mat over the old guys fist
>worst crunch I've ever heard in my life.

BJA was really good with us about it, and of course we're insured too. The guy tried to sue our head instructor but it got thrown out before it ever made it to court. He wasn't paralysed, but I hear he does have some neck problems, as you'd expect.

That sucks user, I have a slightly slipped disc in my lower back, and I can't lie, grappling can really make it hurt, but I'm aware of how it gets aggravated and how I can avoid it, so that's what I do. Also means no deadlifting for me at all which utterly sucks.

More to do with your choice of take down. Learn some actual stand up grappling like judo and wrestling, and often you'll be gripping an arm in close quarters, that's one arm that can't punch you, and another that doesn't have much strength to do much damage.

I used to man security camera's for a town council about 10 years ago, and I watched a policeman chase a guy into a dead end, when the guy attacked, the policeman threw him with uchi-mata before cuffing him. Years later I met this policeman and found out he was a coach at a local judo club.

Like I said mate
>2 months
I barely knew what the fuck I was doing.
Nowadays I do a lot of Greco so my clinch fighting has improved greatly

I think for only 2 months training, coming away from the fight having choked the guy out and only taking a couple of hits is a pretty great outcome.

>I've never seen a fight start completely unprovoked with no back and forth. Where do people just randomly fly off the handle and start swinging?
>what are jumpings, muggings, robberies, etc.
Maybe a lot of fights don't start unprovoked but many attacks do. And unprovoked or no what are you still going to do when your down to that last resort don't have anything and can't otherwise get out or talk your way out.
>Thinking they're going to save you in a life or death scenario is retarded. Get a gun.
And when you can't carry/use it and inevitably won't have one you'll be wishing then you knew something unarmed to save your life. It's retarded to think MA can't save you or isn't valid or self defense sand that a 'gun' will solve solve everything so there's no need for anything unarmed