Chronic Illness

Anyone else here deal with chronic health issues? How does this affect your gains? Are you fit?

Ive had POTS for 5 years and Ive steadily become very fit, but running is still very hard

I have asthma
In 90% of lifts I run out of breath before my muscles even get tired
Even on shit like curls
Still somehow making slow but steady gains

I have gland problems and have to pay regular visits to the hospital to get regulated. My circulation is on overdrive the entire time so I don't get a lot of sleep, nor do I put on a lot of weight.
It's hell.

I have MS. Trying to get juicy so I can be an inspiration to others with the condition. Still kinda fat, but working on it.

MS here also. Lifting helps a lot with the balance issues I have, but does shit for pain. However, running helps the pain aspect of it.

Diabetes baby, welcome to gainstown!

Keep making those slow gains. dont let that control your progress. how do you get through a round at the gym?
you are not alone, I lived in a hospital for one year. keep surviving. do you work out at all?
you are already an inspiration for working toward your fit goals user

i have chemical burns from my mouth down to my lung/stomach because i swallowed a bunch of bathing powder when i was a baby

Thanks man, that's the plan.
>how do you get through a round at the gym?
Very slowly
I need a huge breather in between every set

Diabeetus Vs Gains, round 1 fighhttttttt

Crohn's disease and on immuno-suppressant drugs - CDC classification is "severely immunocompromised".

In practical terms, I get medication every eight weeks, and if I have any latent disease it explodes. Last time it was a pair on ear infections that required cipro ear drops. Another time athlete's foot put me on crutches for three weeks.

Is POTS actually a real thing?

Crohns here too.

Not on Humira yet.

I've been symptom-free for 3 years... i have deliberately infected myself with parasitic worms as a kooky alternative therapy, but it appears to be working.

do you make gains despite your injuries?

yes, I have chronic nerve pain + fatigue and cardiovascular issues. not everyone with pots has the same experience though

I miss running. I always took it for granted. My first big attack presented as left side paralysis (total) and some bilateral optic neuritis. Most of the function has come back, but my left side is hella weak.

>Tfw father had ulcerative colitis.
>Tfw you have bad bowel movements even though you got tested and turned out clean.

I feel like a time bomb brahs ; _ ; Cancer is very common in my family too.

makes sense since working out produces natural pain killers

>more like a dirty bomb, am I right
but for real, I wish you best of health and keep monitoring yourself so nothing sneaks up on you

i just started lifting like 2 weeks ago desu
it's fun and all but breathin gets kinda difficult under pressure

keep at it breh. what we lack in running we can make up in strength and aesthetics

Thanks user.

>do you work out at all?
Once a month maybe, I just have to hope for it to get better. I hope you do alright user.

I think I have auto-immune arthritis, been checked but maybe it's just regular osteoarthritis. All my joints are mega fucked, stopped DLing 3 years ago after several herniated discs, stopped squatting a year ago after painful knees, stopped benching 6 months ago after painful shoulders. Elbows, wrists, ankles all hurt too. Form was perfect too, don't fall for the "good form means no injuries" meme. It's only true if you have good genetics too. My gains peaked about 1-2 years ago, I still look OK, maybe like otter mode but i'll never be big. I got tested and have low T too (but not low enough to do TRT). Just do what you can in the gym, try to work on things that don't work and be the best you can be. All you can really do.

i allready bought a bar and all these weights. it would be a waste of money to chicken out now

its ok, girls prefer ottermode the most anyway
how does low T affect your life? I thought I had low T but I got tested and it was normal levels