How good for you is running?

How good for you is running?

It's good for your heart and overall health in general

It's also pretty addictive, and there's way worse stuff you could be addicted to amigo

It is extremely painful

you're a big guy

Not yet I'm not

I prefer cycling because I'm paranoid about joint damage though
Don't do it if you're fat

I just ran 90 minutes at 160bpm avg (83% of my max heart rate).
I'm a fat fuck but is that the kind of cardio that fucks you over?

4UUUUUUUUUU

if you do it right, have a good pair of shoes, do plenty of stretching before and after, and stay hydrated, it can be one of the best things you can do for yourself

>waste of time
>joint damage
>you might trip and lose all gains from injury

Just do stationary bike

Running is garbage (fucks up your knees, ankle-striking, many don't have a trail to run on near their house so they run on asphalt, etc.). If you want to do some REAL fucking cardio, do 6x tabata.

If you're a fat fuck I'd suggest not going so hard in the beginning my dude

Your excess weight is going to cause a lot of stress on your knees and ankles

Try just a slow jog for 20-30 mins 3-5 times per week, eat a healthy diet and lower your calorie intake, and once you start shedding the pounds and feel more comfortable with your cardiovascular health start hitting it harder

Gradually work yourself into it. Going hard as fuck the first few months will either make you sick of it really quick or destroy your joints due to your body not doing this stuff regularly to suddenly doing way more than it's used to.

cycling is a meme, you have to bike almost 5 times as much to reach the same amount of calories burned per mile compared to running

You only blow out your joints if you just outright do it wrong m8s

Stretch, drink water, and don't do more than your body can handle

Humans are quite literally designed to run medium to long distances

>you will never finish a marathon
>you will never win a marathon
>you will never get sponsored by Nike and get paid to win 20+ mile races

It hurts Veeky Forums

Luckily since cycling is much faster than running, you can achieve that relatively quickly.

Cheers, will scale back then. no rush.

Good luck. It's all about the journey, not the destination.

I've lost 1kg by fast walking on the treadmill for 45 minutes every day, I get to 200 calories and then stop. Gone from 125kg to 114kg in 2.5 months, it really is such a stress-free thing. I don't know why these retards who use meme diets where you only eat bull testicles and quinoa even bother, light cardio is amazing

meant 1kg per week

>dissing quinoa
confirmed DYEL

I meant diets where you limit what you eat to stupid shit, just eat whatever the fuck you want as long as it isn't junk food and make sure it's under 2k calories a day, why make it harder for yourself

Seeing as this is now a running thread, has anyone experienced pain in the ball of their feet when running? I get it after about 10 minutes running/ 3 minutes jump rope (I'm not even tired by that point but the pain forces me to walk). Is it shit shoes, shit form or something like metatarsalgia? pic related, is current shoes

>you will never trip and fall during the Olympics and still win gold in your event.

How long have you been actively running?
maybe try to get fitted for better shoes.

These in your warmup.

When I was still doing it, I'd have basketball for cardio monday, tuesday, wednesday, friday and did treadmill for 40 mins (7min running - 1min rest). I can do more running now that the season's over though
do i need a towel(?) for this?