Stretching or Something

Each and every day is becoming harder to go and lift, I have difficulty maintaining novice amounts of weight with proper form and I feel extremely tensed up and exhausted. It also seems like I have increasingly less cardio endurance. I thought it was a sleep issue or diet but my diet has stayed the same from when I felt fine and I take a multivitamin just in case, and I sleep eight hours. I'm 24 and find it hard to believe something this dramatic is because I got a couple years older. I realized I haven't really been stretching or foam rolling or whatever, is this the cause? If so, it seems like there's an awful lot of bullshit pseudoscience out there about it and I'm not really sure what is actually necessary and what resource to use for more information.

stretching and foam rolling is a giant waste of time. what made you think that has to do with anything?

do you do your fives?
do you drink gallon of milk a day?
are you not a pussy?

if you answered yes on all three then you're fine.

Sounds like you're overtraining. Not stretching or foamrolling didn't cause that.

Take a few days off to let your body rest properly.

why do small guys feel the need to get such stupid tattoos? whoa scary skulls and crosses dude, you look so badass!!
>mfw any time I see a dyel with ink

dude those are soviet prison tats and he's skinny from emaciation and alcoholism lol

This is the first thing I thought but if I take a week off all it does is take me longer to warm up to the same weight I was and I'm just as exhausted after.

Is this serious? I would like some other suggestions before I start drinking gallons of milk

Also as to the reason why I started thinking this it's because I'm straight up out of ideas, going to the gym has become a miserable, exhausting, and often painful experience during and after.

How much are you eating in cals a day/what is your weight?
You're not eating enough I bet

Also why no stretching? It's not going to hurt

Also what's your routine? A change of routine can reinvigorate you.

You're not doing every lift in one day are you?

I'm not counting exactly like I was when losing weight but I think I have a pretty good idea that it's above maintenance before exercise, maybe like 2800-3000
I'm at 194 lbs. or so and I'm definitely not losing any weight

routine is three times a week with lighter stuff on the weekdays because I have to go after work then squats/deadlifts on the same day sometime on a weekend, I don't think it's anything very intense

Stretching is not a 'giant waste of time', you're an idiot for believing that.

OP, important questions for you to answer:
How many days a week do you lift?
How many weeks in a row have you been doing that?
Do you lift to failure on every set?
Do you feel dread at the mere idea of going to the gym?
Do you feel like you're 'not trying hard enough' and are actually making yourself work HARDER when you go to the gym, lately?
Are you having problems sleeping in the last several weeks?
Have your bowel habits changed in the last several weeks?
In the last several weeks, do you feel like you're coming down with a cold or the flu but don't have a fever?

ofcourse you keep telling yourself you did not waste your time. I'd be embarassed aswell

>Dollar Store bait
You expect anyone to swallow your crap?

state the arguments. in what way is stretching beneficial to lifting weights?

I'll go ahead and answer all of these
>2-3 times/week (if I can't work up the energy then twice)
>I don't keep track but I started last spring after months of inactivity
>I try to finish the set or at least the current rep
>yes, definitely
>I feel like I've been stuck and that the only way to raise weight is to weigh 220 lbs. myself; it's not that I feel I'm not trying hard enough but that I'm getting less and less accomplished by going there
>I have not, I sleep without waking up for at least 6 hours and usually closer to 8
>no, I poop usually once a day when I wake up, it's always been this way
>no, I feel completely drained of energy and kind of inflexible/heavy

OK OP, you definitely sound like you're suffering from Overtraining Syndrome. If your overall fitness was a line on a graph, you'd see it flattening out lately, and starting to head downward. Continuing to try to push through it is just going to make it worse. If you continued to do that you'd likely start getting sick all the time because your immune system would be getting suppressed, you'd have no energy, and you'd have no enjoyment of life in general, and most importantly you'd be completely burned out on the very idea of going to a gym.

What you need to do is stop going to the gym entirely for at least a full week or two; don't even THINK about the gym or doing any sort of training, do ANYTHING ELSE, preferably things you enjoy doing. If you've been cutting, stop doing that and just EAT if you're hungry (but don't just eat garbage food or binge). After a week or two, you need to evaluate yourself again, and BE HONEST with yourself about how you're feeling. The goal here is to feel totally rested and revitalized. If you don't feel that way then take another week off and re-evaluate yourself again, repeat as necessary. Once you're feeling rested and ready to go again, you'll need to 're-calibrate' yourself at the gym; take it slow and conservatively for the first week or two, don't push yourself in an attempt to 'catch up'.

In the future you need to be more conservative in how you progress your lifts, and maybe plan in 'active recovery' weeks once in a while, where you lift less to allow your body to more fully absorb all the training you've been doing. Remember this: You are not Superman; don't train like you are, or this'll happen to you again.

Make sense?

>HURR DURR post ur peer-reviewed University studies HERP DERP
Stop going to the Dollar Store for your bait, faggot.

Not him, but I'm not hearing any arguments for stretching.

what a giant pile of bullshit

>dont lift for atleast a week

topkek i know you're trying to help but please keep your youtube education for yourself

OP if you really need a deload lower the volume by a half for a week and go from there.

Go look it up yourself, I can't be bothered for something so universally accepted as beneficial.

I'm not asking for a peer-reviewed study. Let's talk common sense.

>HURR DURR you aren't a REAL MAN unless you just PUSH PUSH PUSH until you either CONQUER IT or DIE TRYING
Stop being stupid. One or two weeks not lifting doesn't kill your gains, or if it does then you never had ANY real gains to begin with.

You're an idiot if you think taking a week off from lifting isn't beneficial at certain points.

Other than mobility, what is stretching good for?

>My trolling strategy is to coerce anons into doing tons of research for no reason, LOL good times, good times
Nice try, I have better things to do than that.

If not actually trolling: Believe whatever you want, IDGAF.

EVERYONE ELSE: Do your own research, don't believe that guy -- OR ME, for that matter -- make up your own minds.

Taking a full week off is a giant waste of time as stretching is. I see you do pretty well.

And it's not about being a real man, it's about not being a pussy.

I guess so, but I've plateaued for years now, I'm afraid taking a break will just get me back to the same place

>Taking a full week off is a giant waste of time as stretching is.
Stretching, yes. Taking a week off, no. If you're overtraining, which OP clearly is, taking a week off is exactly what is needed. You can't force your way through overtraining. You're a moron.

If you have better things to do than answer a simple question, what are you doing here in the first place?

I did not say he should continue balls deep training. I said lower the volume, but do not stop training. If he really just got into the overreaching phase, after a light week like that he'll come out stronger than he was,

I would put money on you being dyel

Still I find it hard to believe I'm overtraining

I meant it when I said novice weight, at 6'1 190 lbs. I'm talking about
bench 3x8 @ 155
dl 5x5 @ 225
squat 5x5 @ 185

Do you warm up? Or are you one of those guys who go straight into your weights as soon as you enter the gym?

Youre doing DL 5x5 and SQ 5x5 3 times a week? Post your routine.

It sounds like you may be developing a health problem/illness and need to consult with a doctor. Don't listen to the retards who talk about overtraining. You could be having anything from a simple-to-fix nutritional deficiency to a viral infection to a systemic, muscle or neuron disease. You need a full blood workup (nutrient status, thyroid, the whole nine yards) and if that doesn't show anything suspicious things such as an ECG, an EMG, an NCS plus MEPs

I do a cardio warmup and I try to change it up
but even that's been getting worse, I can't run as long or as fast or my legs get sore or I'm just too tired

then I kind of twist about a little in an attempt to not make it so bad

lol no

day 1:
preacher curls
dips
dumbell lat raises
wrist curls behind the back

day 2:
bench
incline
pull ups
reverse fly, maybe also flyes

day 3:
squats
deadlift
hanging leg raise
planks/sideplanks maybe

everything is 3x8 only 5x5 is squats and deadlift
this has been totally doable for months at a time

you're a fucking idiot lmao.

taking a week off is absolutely the best thing to do in certain situations.

if you finish GVT and similar programs you need to take time off.

Reduce deadlifts to 1x5 or 2x5.

>5z5 squat followed by 5x5 deadlift
DELET THIS

DEFRANCO AGILE 8 / LIMBER 11

He's not "over training" you fucking retard. You don't "over train" from doing light weight bullshit lifts twice a week and occasionally squatting and deadlifting when you feel like it. Jesus fucking Christ.

If anything, OP's lack of gains is from shit volume and shit frequency.

Fuck, I blame Alan Thrall for this, that bearded faggot.

YOU ARE NOT OVERTRAINING.

take some pre-workout. I guarantee this will get you through the workouts.

Life is hard. You'll never wake up feeling motivated to get everything done. But you'll take some fucking preworkout and do it without the "motivation" that fatties use the lack of as an excuse to never go to the gym ever.

He never said how much work he had done you faggot.
op your routine is fucking retarded
>monday arm day with 4 exercises
>friday squats and deads 5x5
i would fucking feel crappy aswell if i knew im about to do 5x5 squats and 5x5 deadlifts.

Split squats in 2 or 3 3x5 sessions. Do deadlifts 1x5 every other workout. Lower the weight for 10% and start eating sleeping and progressing. Not that fucking hard. It seems only thing that keeps you from progressing is being a fucking pussy.

I tried my best to fit it around work and this is what I ended up doing, it's easy to take one long trip to the gym saturday or sunday and do nothing the rest of the day while doing light arm stuff the next time around

it's not great but I managed it up until now
I guess this would be the next easiest thing to ry though so thank you guys

>being a fucking pussy
genetics I guess

I skip a couple gym sessions every few weeks and usually hit PRs afterward.
And do cardio. If you don't cardio hard, you aren't fit.

If you're gonna pose with a cello get one that's not for kids god damn

I tried it this way and definitely felt much better during and immediately after, I'll see how it goes carried through the week

chances are he couldn't obtain a full size cello

guys that is a russian vor lol

is that a viola after a bulk?
or a cello after a cut?
and wth happened to the bridge?
so many questions...

You should always stretch. Holy shit, stretching is more basic for maintaining a healthy body than lifting.