What convinced you to turn your life around?

Need some motivation here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7WNc0lhS3ss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Listen carefully
You gotta set a goal for yourself
It feels satisfying being better that people around you
It's a great feeling when you're stronger, eat healthier, and look better than people around you
Set a goal damnit. That's it

Looking in the mirror and not liking what was looking back.

I literally found motivation this last few days
>Be a college student at a pretty nerdy school
>Go home for a few days for thanksgiving
>Visit all my friends at home, who all go hard as fuck
>This made me depressed, because I had to go back to my nerd school where everyone is square as fuck
Then I had an epiphany, I was at a nerd school for a reason. These kids at the local Junior Colleges are not going to accomplish anything with their lives. Im almost 20 years old, and I just sit on my ass smoking weed all the time. But, I got into this school for a reason, I have potential. I can accomplish great things with motivation (something I never had).

The second I got back to school, I decided to devote myself to working out and studying. Lets see if this motivation lasts...

Also, my friend told me something really valuable:

"You cant change anyone else, you can only change yourself."

The only solutions to my problems revolve around myself, making myself a better, healthier and smarted person. Thats the only thing I can do to make my life improve.

Understanding what people really meant by it not being about motivation but about discipline.
If you were really motivated to turn your life around you wouldnt be asking yourself
>how do I get motivated
you would just do it.
Since you're not motivated, set simple, reasonable goals for yourself and slowly work towards where you want to be.

youre not gonna magically start fucking girls that look like that because you start going to the gym 4 times a week

your social status is everything, girls like that are fucking guys with large social circles that do fun things

You will probably get more attention from average females but you will not get stacy

Ex cheated on me, decided to use the faggy feelings to work on landing a kushy career and build a half decent body.

I'm in the same exact boat as you user. I see all my highschool friends partying every night and doing the same shit. It reminds me that I don't want to become that, we're destined for something bigger. All you need is the motivation to get off your ass, workout and study hard. We have an opportunity to change our lives for the better and we have to act now in order not to end up like some cuck with no money or power

THIS

If I didn't hate my body before, I wouldnmt have had a reason to work out. Most people say "Don't work out because you hate your body, but because you love your body," but no one would start if they weren't unhappy with how they looked or felt with their body.

Motivation, for me, is to look better than the people around me, and get mires.

from being an ex fatty

and from being broken hearted from my first 'love'

the weights and those long runs in the orchards were always there to save me from destroying myself.

>Be me
>Get out of the military
>Break up with GF and start living on my own for the first time in my adult life
>Come to the crushing realization that everyone in this life is irrevocably alone and will die that way
>Enter crushing depression
>smoke weed all day to escape life
>Going through an OZ every 3 weeks
>lose 35+ pounds of muscle and start having panic attacks whenever I leave the house
>Slowly piece my life back together
>realize I need a better hobby than vidya and jerking off if I want to reach my potential in life
>start lifting again for the first time in 1.5 years
>remember what it's like
>remember the weight I use to throw around like it was nothing
>daily motivation and happiness is through the roof
>Haven't felt happier on a regular basis like this in such a long time

We're all going to make it

i hope i won't end up like you when i EAS, either way that's good that you've got a grip on yourself user. the next step is to save some bones and hop on a cycle.

we're all finna make it

I started a business, shit collapsed, might as well get something right in my life once. Now 3 months in, lost some weight and gained strength and I'm happy again.

My oneitis at the time told me I had sticks for legs, that got me started with dumbbells at home. Now its a bit more than a year and 15kg later.

I was skinny and weak and life wasn't going so well socially. Bought into the fitmeme and tried it. I liked it enough to make progress and once the first compliments came in there was no turning back. After about 2 years I didn't need compliments anymore, now I do it for me because it's what makes me happy.

>the weights were always there to save me from destroying myself.

It's crazy how much I can relate to this.

Reading and travel.

Trying to figure my shit out and these have helped reframe my perspective.

wow I've literally never seen more tryhard posts

hope the weights can save you from this, imbeciles

*unsheathes katana*

Just keep lifting and use that GI Bill money. Take the government for all they're worth and use it to better yourself. Best of luck to you

And you the same user

That's a terrible face.

Meeting and talking to people at the end of their lives filled with regret and anguish because they wasted time, didn't pursue their dreams, didn't take chances, kept back and didn't pursue the life they truly wanted to live and are only realising it now when it's all too late. That shit changed my life.

You sound like a judgmental prick, I went to my local Jc for three years before transferring, finishing my bachelors and then getting my masters in architecture. Getting into a university doesn't make you special lol

found the virgin

my dad had a heart attack so i'm going to eat healthier and do cardio

0/10 do not recommend experiencing

Make the climb.

The guy in the mirror. I broke that "fat-daze" for a moment. You know, the thing you see when you look in the mirror and think that things arent that bad. Well one time that didnt happen and I realised just how bad things really were. Now I'm at 83 kilos after dropping 22 kilos in 10 months.

stop judging people so superficially.
you think in extremes. Relax.

don't start drinking when you get out user. that destroyed me

I need help with that, fellas... I'm skinny and 18, and don't seem to get results anymore, so I don't feel motivated anymore, I haven't gained a fucking pound and I eat like a fucking hungry dog all the time... what am I doing wrong?
p.s. I think my workouts are cool but sometimes my shoulder joints hurt bad, they pop and shit, that's another thing...

I'm short, poor, live in the third world, skinny-fat. Of all those things the one I can change the easiest is being skinny-fat. So I did

I hate myself. I'm going to diet, workout, and work on myself until I don't.

And until girls like this approach me.

Unfortunately, that's Amanda Elise Lee, and that bitch won't ever approach you, maybe another woman but man, thats Amanda Elise Lee m8

Stepmom went insane and tries to kill me. I was 197cm amd 79.6 kg at the time. Now, 3years later, im 99.7kg and still growing. Ik want to be 107.5 at the end of my bulk

Progressive overload

Getting diagnosed with bipolar.
All my fuck ups during manic episode were out of my control and my depression wasn't just laziness. My parents always berated me on that day in day out.
Started bettering myself and make sure I'm one step ahead of my ilness.

you're a fucking tree lmao

holy shit that bigass-chadhead lmao

hope it helps, thanks buddy

My girlfriend came from a shitty/fucked up family.
She's the only normal one of all her 4 sisters and 3 brothers.

She breaks all contact with her family about 3 years ago.

Mother-in-law and her brother-both fat fucks came to my house about 1 year ago, both drunk, making death threatsto me, if she wouldnt return to her family.

I had to call the cops, and they were both arrested, then i had a restraining order filed.

That day i promised my girl that i would protect her from her family, so i upped my training and I'm pretty sure i can take them down next time they come around. (hoping it doenst come to that)

Sure am. Want to be a big guy.

You get stronger, you get bigger, you'll crave for more food. Repeat untill satisfied

Was at the beach with my wife (then fiance). Saw a few guys that were really in shape playing catch and thought "Man, I wish I looked like them".

realized there was nothing stopping me from looking like that other than myself.

Also wanted to look good for my wife, have a body that would arouse her by just walking around shirtless (likely a lost cause on this one I know) .

Also wanted to motivate the wife to drop some weight and work on herself. Figured if I did a major transformation she would try to as well (100% lost cause on this one I know. >post-marriage weight loss)

Well I've made decent progress and am looking slightly better each month. It's been 4 months and I'm still with it.

I havn't

>23
>landed my first good job, good company, good pay, good hours
>eat whatever I want, but not in excess
>probably 160-165, never worked out or been physically active other than hiking/some outdoors stuff w friends
>earlier this year and last year, have incredible sex with a girl for several months each without having to do a thing
>both times she broke it off and made me feel like shit, but it was never serious
>starting to feel like I want to get Veeky Forums
>have felt this before
>never done anything about it because my life is relatively normal and I live in comfort
>creeping feeling there could be more
>I might just want to feel attractive and get more women

What do

I'm a rational guy and the last few times I have started feeling like I need to get fit, I'll stumble into a girl or something good will happen and I'll think "nah I don't need this" and go back to leading what I consider a comfortable, if not uneventful, life

Eh, there are times when I really want a drink or terrible food, whatever. If I make myself go to the gym first, I usually overcome the temptation. Sometimes I don't, but at least I still went to the gym.

I realized I've been miserable the majority of my life and wanted it to stop

Many people who think like this eventually burn out and become incredibly unproductive and despondent dudes. The real solution is to work hard and also have fun, enjoying the social aspects of college while you can (they're awesome) without spending all your energy seeking "money and power".

caltech, mit, or cmu?

For me, it was realizing that people get what they deserve. I'm not saying that your starting conditions, the hand your dealt, or even the way some people act is necessarily fair, but you get out what you put in for the most part.

You want a QT that has traditional ideals and values?
>Be the kind of guy capable of attracting her

You want meaningful people to like and respect you?
>Develop the education, wisdom, and honor to earn the respect of these people

You want to be lusted after or turn heads
>Get the physique that will do this.

>Life isn't an anime where people suddenly like you because you're nice, a soul mate, or some other stupid platitude. That's a horrible lie that's being sold so that people are okay with mediocrity

Build discipline for when motivation wanes.

I had a lot of free time and lacked the motivation to do anything but lift.

I had my own school in mind, off that list. There are lots of tech institutes and liberal arts schools that fit that description.

, my hail mary: Swat?

>Life isn't an anime where people suddenly like you because you're nice, a soul mate, or some other stupid platitude. That's a horrible lie that's being sold so that people are okay with mediocrity
I agree with this, but many Veeky Forumsizens are the overmotivated type that push it too far the other way. That is, girls can smell insecurity like sharks can smell blood. Moreover, being an overly regimented guy and taking "life is a competition" too seriously makes you seem boring, dull, and off-putting.

OP, eventually you get tired of the way things are and want to change them. A point comes where you have to break the cycle and do something about what is bothering you whether it be your education, financial status, physical appearance etc.... No one is going to do it for you, so fuck everyone who stands in your way and get what you want out of life because, in the end, you'll only be looking at yourself in the mirror and have nothing but regret about the things that you didn't do.

Watch this video every morning.

youtu.be/7WNc0lhS3ss

Girls will never approach you

That's not how women work

When my mom started laughing when she saw me topless

Just laugh at her when she is topless, easy fix

Kinda egotistical (thanks for all the career highlights, Arnold) and overdramatic. Also, you should only follow certain kinds of dreams (pic related).

I already ruined her life by being a NEET and living with her until now. I thnk that laugh was fair enough.

Tbqh famlam, the anime Naruto saved my life. I would still be in a very dark place without it.

I put in the work, but I have fun. I'm even pretty serious about my fun.

There's a balance, for sure- but most people are on the passive side.

As someone who is also bipolar does lifting actually help long term? My problem is that as soon as the depression kicks in I lose all motivation to lift. But while I'm on a high life is amazing. I sleep well and train hard but I can't keep it consistent. If I somehow manage to stick to my plan during my low times would they become less severe?

just try it for 1 year and see how you feel

When my doctor diagnosed me with PCOS, and the only treatment they advised would change this would be diabetes medication. Like, really?
3 months on keto, feel a lot better, lost some weight, took up biking in my free time and have gotten my regular periods back.
I guess I'll make it.

My mom, who is fucking obese, called me fat.

Taylor Swift wasn't lucky
Her rich daddy sponsored her

full autismo wanted to see if lifting helps build confidence to talk to girls

it doesn't but i found out i actually enjoy lifting so IDGAF

Lucky to be born with a voice and a rich daddy.

Not every girl with a rich daddy is Taylor Swift.

Money and boredom

I was losing money because I was too tired to work and felt like shit all day. I was also bored wasting my life away

Working out fills me with energy and gives me something to do

Imagine training like climbing an icy hill towards the land of Joocy Gainz and self-respect.
Erry day you put it off is one day longer till making it.
Once you start - if you ain't got momentum you're gonna slide all the way down to DYELtown where you came from.
So keep climbing little nigga.

Plus lifting shit gives me dat dere test boost and I wouldn't trade that feeling for nothing.

My brothers and my dreams.

Today was the first day in 2 years I stepped inside a gym. I have been super depressed for the last 2 years, but during the this month, my friends have pulled me back to my senses.

Two of them, who I started working out with 5 years ago, have helped me out so much that it is impossible for me to ever let them down again.

Brothers over others. Time to get Veeky Forums again!

Doesn't work that way. You won't be able to sustain yourself if you think all you'll do is study and workout.

You have to actually find something that is meaningful and enjoyable to you, and you go do that.

And then, sure, workout 2-3 times a week, and study.

The prospect of the T H I C C E S T has inspired me, my head is clear and the future is friendly.

Pic related

>That day i promised my girl that i would protect her
people like this actually exists? i thought they were only in movies

Military bands have strict weigh in requirements. Have to be in shape to keep the job.

Ariana Grande's dad is super rich as well. I know I went to the same middle school as her. He invested a ton in her training/career from a young age. Now they are even richer.

playin to a winnin horse. can u blame him? good business

No, I don't blame him. The family is way richer now then before.

OP a friend of mine threatened to take my life and that's what inspired me to get fit.

In retrospect, I realize he was just trying to make me look like a bitch, which worked. He actually destroyed any social influence I had, but he had some connections to some shady people so I was worried(it also didn't help that I was on drugs at the time).

So, I got clean, started lifting, got back in uni and have since put on about 45 lbs(some fat from bulking), and will graduate this December with a 3.5 gpa.

Y'know, I know Fight Club quotes/themes/etc. are cliche at this point, but it really is true that only after we've lost everything are we free to do anything.

Believe in yourself. Consider every adversity a blessing. The only person that is holding you back is you. Fight yourself every day.

God bless. Hope you make it, man.

My life was never really in a bad place I just thought I should be above average in every category possible.

Good for you man have a naked girl

We all have to hit a low point to climb back up once in a while.

This hits me right the feels my dad always told me dreams are for sleeping and I should just try to be an accountant shit he even told me to stop lifting in high school bc it would make me stop growing

when my gf of 8 years broke up with me through facebook, and i realized that, because of all the time i invested on her, i neglected everyone else and therefore didnt have a single friend to talk to about the breakup.

almost shed a tear... i mean it

Girlfriend cheated on me, which provides anger fuel for the weights.

My dad had an aneurysma right in front of me
If i hadnt go downstairs to grab some water he'd be dead while i was gaming

Thinking about that tears me up like a little bitch

Gl brahs and sorry for the blog

>Selling your daughter to a Satanic pedophile sex cult for personal profit
>Shiggy diggy doo

i hate myself and can't get intimate with another person without self sabotaging, lifting might help me be able to get close to another person

right in the feels man

> not selling your daughter to a Satanic pedophile sex cult for personal profit
cmon

>I allow my children to be sexually abused so that they develop a powerful mind capable of withstanding the harshest betrayals and misdeeds therefore completing the ultimate rite of passage and hazing.

>Our secret society creates people that are incredibly mentally tough-if still flawed.

If I'm in a relationship, I get fat. When I'm single, I get fit.

Happens every time. Currently single and a hermit. A fit hermit.

>go to Metal festival
>every other dude is shirtless
>shirtless dudes shamelessly show off their gargantuan beer guts
>go home, shower, look in mirror
>oh shi, my gut is bigger than I wish it was or the rest of my body is too small/scrawny to make it look normal
>time to lift until bearmode

Being attractive as I age.

I've seen a lot of my peers of either gender slam face first into the wall these last few years. Feels good to watch, knowing that I made a strong platform upon which I can age gracefully. Given what my parents and aunts/uncles look like, I'm (hopefully) blessed with the potential to not look "old" until I'm 60.

He's not wrong. It's a chunky face that looks painfully average without make-up--the white instagram whore answer to "contoured so hard you know she's busted" brown instagram whore.

Date somebody who will hold you accountable for weight gain--one who won't allow more than 10-15lbs to be your "cute chub." We weigh each other every month and then go out for a nicer than usual date. If we are on track, it's a treat--if we're off track, it's a last hurrah before cutting hard the next month.

you gotta produce more simple sentences for me to understand, buddy

I'm expressing my personal belief that if pizzagate is real- part of the reason why the parents allow their children to be victims is because it's part of a hazing process or a rite of passage.

Basically, the harder the trauma that you go through the less anyone can fuck with you.

People can't bother you after a certain level of abuse.

>Get my first ever work experience in my profession
>Third day working there getting shown the ropes on dealing with clients
>Nice guys, setting up a business, basic stuff, just chatting around with them being professional and all
>While chatting they ask what year of school im in
>Im in the fourth year of my university degree and 22 years old
It was at that point I realized 1. I looked like a underage skeleton and 2. I was never going to get any respect if I didn't look bigger, stronger and older than the clients

So beard + lifting was the logical choice for me.

>turn my life around
kek, i just got some muscles now, thats it

idk whats pizzagate googled i think i got the idea

id think anyone wud trauma their children so they become tough. sounds like illimunatis business tobequitehonest famalam

aka devil worshippers world ruling order