/progress/ thread - DYEL edition

Post your progress faggots

Scooby's PPL and cutting

Started October 1. Want to be swoell for noel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=73_nI_xx2VI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cutting what? holy fuck what's with all the skeletors cutting. why is everyone so obsessed about some useless abs?

>swole for noel

Who's Noel?

Getting noob gains too

what are you cutting exactly?

start bulking up, boy

looks like you're getting more and more twisted as time goes by

aiming for that Crooked Man look?

cutting my bodyfat. i'm at 17%

i'm doing keto and not too scrict about calories. Seem to be gaining muscle and losing bf at same time. only 2 months in

i think week 12 looks far better than week 0 but call me out if im being dumb

(yes, cutting 'till i can see abs)

maybe he wants to be a trap

>swoell for noel
>swoe el
more like swoe el oh el, thanks OP

(ok, most serious reply you'll get:)
How old are you? Is this the heaviest you've ever been? If you're young and have always been skinny, you likely have no idea what it is like to eat enough to put on weight. This is reinforced by you looking identical three months later. Don't try to "cut", just focus on eating more.

Started in september 4, been on a bulk ever since
I know, the picture size is shit, didnt want to post twice

thanks user

I'm 23. i was always a fat/chubby kid/teen. (first pic is what i'd call fat/cubby)

i'm a greedy motherfucker who has been super strict last 12 weeks.

i'm trying to follow 'leangains' in the hope it'll give me abs for dec 25/early jan as motivation booster

Well I guess you're learning. I'd like to think most of us did completely the wrong thing in our first few months of fitness

You look like you've lost a lot of flab and got a lot more definition. Ignore the faggots.

You will need to start eating more and stop 'cutting'.

What's your goal?

Santa

Is your goal to just shift colors? Because in that case you're droing great!

How many Ls does Santa's name have?

Something closer to this.

..Need to have a halfway goal of next summer.

180 - 195lbs in 4 months
Creatine and a lot of food. Also had just broken up with gf when I started.
Going for 210 bulk now then 195-200 cut in Feb.

You're going to have to eat more to get a bigger chest. Week 12 definitely looks better than week 0, however you are still lean as shit. Gonna take time and a lot of food don't try and rush it.

thanks user, appreciate it. wish the best w/ ur journey.

i just cooked 1.5kgs of chicken for the weekday lunches

Did you see noticiable difference gains after you got the wolf tattoo?

Thanks man. This is me by the way I eat pasta and bread almost every night. Eat until you are uncomfortable, however, keep the diet clean and stay away from foods high in sugar.

Haha bitches are always asking about it

waaaaay bigger chest. you'll be totally ripped come summertime.

i'm keep an eye out for the dude with wolf tatoo who helped me stop being dyel.

Congrats you went from blue to red dumbass

you're not at 17% bodyfat lmfao and even if you were that's jsut af ucking number

looki in the god damn mirror you faggot you look like christian bale in the machinist

nobvody is going to be impressed with your abs when u weigh 120 fuckin poudns lfmao

the only reason your measly amount of fat looks like shit in the first pic is because you have literally no muscle

Are you okay user

You might actually have a body image disorder...

Seriously a lot of what you've said so far has been classic warning signs:
>cutting with no mass
>doing keto as an amateur
>doing keto, except not being strict about calories (this is not keto)
>going from "overweight" to a super strict diet (again, I don't think you were ever overweight)
>wanting short term results

Honestly OP I would just pick up a strength programme and stock your panty with calories you know how to make tasty food out of.
Learn now to make a good pasta dish with some proteans, figure out some rice and beans combo... learn how you enjoy your eggs the best (and second best).

A huge part of working out is diet. And a huge part of diet is making it not a "super strict" thing that you're yearning to break out of. Once you've built a little self-control through meal sizing, you'll probably have built up enough size to consider cutting.

>stock your panty

ok i am realising some things about my body. i'll work carbs back in. i like food and cooking so i've got a nice lot of simple mealprep recipes.

on the keto calories thing - does keto require a certain %age above or below TDEE?

OP ignore the idiots. If you got genuinely calculated at 7% then i bet there's a load of flab still on you like in pic #1. If you keep doing strict for one more month then yeah, you're going to look like shit.

Stop reading the soccer moms and dads of /r/keto and go to /r/ketogains if you actually want to make any progress. You'll need to eat a lot more and take a shit ton of supps.

You're trying to rush a transformation OP, as documented by your nearly identical 3 pics. This will take a LONG time and you need to change one thing at time. Most of the guys turning it round in a couple months on here are just roided to hell.

>swoel for noel

made me kek but come back in a year, not 3 months.

Yeah so keto calories aren't any different than any other calories. Doing keto doesn't magically absolve your body from the first law of thermodynamics

I'm not a biochem major, but I'm pretty sure you can achieve ketogenesis at any reasonable calorie intake.
HOWEVER
ketogenesis is primarily a fat-burning diet, not a muscle building diet.
you are (or at least should be) focussed on putting on muscle mass.
AND THE POINT I WAS ALLUDING TO
The calories from fats and proteins are incredibly hard to estimate. you not counting them (combined with you being new to working out and dieting) all but ensures you aren't getting enough calories.
Getting 100 grams of protein in a day is hard. Even with a protein shake it isn't easy. And 100 grams of protein is only 400kcal.
If you're cutting (again, why) at 2000kcal, you're going to need ~~170g of fats to go along with this 100g of protein. If you aren't counting calories, you aren't hitting these macros.

How much weight have you put on in that time, those are some impressive results.

I just seem to be getting fatter instead of gaining more muscle. It's frustrating because I used to be fat and I don't want to be where I was before.

>used to be fat
What do you call yourself right now?

The photo on the left was in the morning, immediately after waking up, the one on the right was after eating and was taken around midday so there was a bit of bloating.

Harsh but true. Not as fat

Looks like he was skelly+paunch

Now he's just skelly

If he lifts right he can make some damn good progress by spring without looking fat at any point during the process

Bulking doesn't mean shove your face with crap. It means eating a calorie surplus but with lean meats, high protein, and veggies. Don't pig out thinking it's going to all go to your muscles. Also lift harder, and more often to see more gains. When you feel like you gained a lot strength then go on a cut and make sure to target fat loss and keep eating protein and lift so you retain your muscle mass.

hey thanks for laying in out in those words for me.

i've beeing eating the same amount of chicken, butter and peas' and hoping for the best.

I've actually weighed out my chicken in each lunch for this week's mealprep now it's 300g, so 100g protein woo

2 month progress

I don't pig out, although I think that my diet could be a bit cleaner which I will try. I lift 4 times a week for about 1.5 to 2 hours and eat slightly above 160g of protein a day. A clean bulk is hard to get enough calories in though.

How much have your lifts increased?

looking real swolen son
nice

Starting for 1RM was 135/140/225
Now for 1RM is 160/170/250

Not a lot of progress for 2 months. I know these numbers should be going up quicker.

And heres the video I made recently to go along with it...

youtube.com/watch?v=73_nI_xx2VI

>this is what bodyweight + gear looks like

Steroids=Magic

huh I dont think you watched the video.. im low T dude... Im not on TRT or anything

How tall are you?

5 11

Mirin

Wisdom.

Should have done GOMAD+SS. Post your stats and routine.

thanks dude

Hey guys, how would I make it from left to right?

I gained 10 lbs in 15 days. Feels good man, going from skelly to slightly less skelly mode.
Went from 123 lbs to 134lbs (5'8"), lifts are still shit but hell, its a start.

I think he looks a lot better.

You look like you're fucking dying.

Why do you want abs so bad? Abs are nothing when you look like a jew in a Auschwitz. Abs are only good when you have muscles to complement them. Abs should be the last thing you work on. Anybody can have a six pack at 120lbs. It isn't impressive.

Chest. Forearms. Legs. Much more desirable.

You're a fucking idiot.

Cancer

HAHAHA

This is fucking Veeky Forums. Fucking hell mate. You went up 7 pounds and it all went to your fucking gut. You look like shit. Do some weights jesus christ. You have a belly with noodle arms. Embarrassing.

Noticeable. Good job. But don't just focus on your biceps. Your forearms, triceps and shoulders look very neglected

So what? What are you actually doing? One reps are nice and all but they mean jack shit when you don't have muscles. What are you doing to get muscles? What weights are you doing? How many reps? Are you just doing the same exercise four times a week? You will never see progress.

Pic related. I'm cursed with small forearms and wrist. Always had it. I'm realizing now I have to work extra hard on them to get anywhere. They don't look right compared to the rest of my body.

you wont, you have a different body type.

also wtf is going on with your nipple hair?

You're looking much better. Now you need to stop cutting and work on those noob gains until end of February, then re-evaluate.

mirin hard. I really need to stop bitching on why I look like shit when you are in far much worst predicament and was able to make a nice physique. also cool to see some people here play fighting games also

Thanks dude and good luck with your goals! as for the fighting games ya i use to actually make money playing video games in tournaments all that kinda stuff back in the day

Lost 100 lbs in the last year and the other 15 during spontaneous times of motivation before committing to actually trying. Want to cut another 15-20 lbs and then lift and see where that leaves me. I've been doing spin classes, running, swimming, and body weight exercises. Only posting because I feel a little burnt out on cutting and I need someone to remind me that I'm still a fat fuck.

HOUSTON
O
U
S
T
O
N

Should have stopped at 180lbs.
Goddamn you have perfect THICC genetics.

Your pics made me feel like shit considering I've made almost no progress over the summer and am still at your week 0. I'd sincerely be happy with myself at attaining your week 6.

Would you be able to link the workout you're using? I'm googling it but I don't think I've found it.

How much are you cutting by as well?

Im a DYEL and a fatty, is there any hope for me ;_;

We're all gonna make it brah

Keep it up mate, looking good.

Holy crap you look amazing senpai
Good stuff

Been coming here for like ~6 years and haven't posted in a while. But goddamn, dude, you are doing great. Inspirational as fuck. Keep it up

Lifting stats? Watching ur vid right now

Keep it up and don't listen to chubby chasers like .

ha well i say it in the video but if you look i show where i work out. Ive never even lifted as much as 50 pounds lol. Most my work out is light weights, bands etc

HONOLULU
O
N
O
L
U
L
U

This thread made me look at my progress, from when I started to where I am now. My current body would've been pretty much 'goal' or close to it back then but I still feel tiny. Gotta keep going.

pls r8 but dont h8.

Left: Last saturday
Right: Last July

6'6" / 225 lbs (up from 205), 30 years old.

great job losing that much weight, but you still look like shit. you need to start lifting

It's Scooby's home dumbell routine, but honestly I mixed up a lot and just made sure I felt the burn everywhere i want to hit. I had access to a gym and cable flyes were great for chest. And I didn't do rotisserie/planks, but instead did left lifts and hollow holds. That's given me an actual core I think.

But it's all about diet really. I ate 1200 or less daily, usually skipping breakfast and lunch. Black coffee helped me through it. I didn't started keto until 1 week ago (it genuinely has made a difference), but stayed away from carbs b/c it's more satisfying to eat 1200 cals of chicken and broccoli than just pasta

6 weeks worth of cut, not really keeping track of calories, estimate about 1600 a day. I see a bit of progress, what do you guys think? Can anyone give a bf% estimation? 78kg at 5"9.

Last July as in July 2015? Not the fastest progress but you look pretty good so who cares how long it took.

Nothing has changed as far as I can see.

Thx breh.

Keep in mind I'm 6'6".

Oh, also, last July as in July 2016.

>dubs checked
No him but I can see a difference, regardless of how slight.

> Notice bigger wings
> Notice more abdominal definition
> Can see where his love handles have thinned out

>Oh, also, last July as in July 2016.
That's pretty darn good then, you shoulders have gotten a lot bigger, looks like your lats too.

I don't know how to collage on my phone so had to use a stupid app that does shit collages,

Anyhow left is today, right a couple months ago.

Am I close to otter mode? I reckon I need to lose about 15lbs more

I can definitely see progress. More definition, less flab

yeah I saw, very nice job. what's your diet usually looking like?

and don't give up hope lad

what a shitty place to live

Im doing benchpress 4*8 with 125
Dumbell chest press with 2 45s for 4*12
Dumbell chest flys with 2 20s for 4*12
And incline bench with 95 for 4*8

Thats for chest days I also have an OHP day, deadlift day and a squat day. Each day I do 2-3 accessory exercises. On every exercise I do the last rep of the last set I cannot do. I am pushing myself as hard as I can, Im not doing light weights.

I try and switch up my accessory exercises but keep my mainlifts the same increasing the weight by 5 pounds a week

Bro I came here for help. Why do you have to shit on people who are just starting? You started somewhere too.

Marry me

Careful with losing more weight.

Start eating more and start lifting.

You're gonna make it.

How much more should I be eating? I do want to gain muscle, but I don't want to put on much excess weight with it as you guys seem to do when you bulk. I was only going to keep cutting so that I would feel comfortable with gaining some back while I focus on strength. I feel like I'm already in the danger zone of being chubby/fat. On the other hand, I know that I've lost 115 lbs and my skin has been fairly okay with it so far, but this is probably the point where it will start to look pretty bad. So basically I find my current weight really disturbing and I don't like my options but the lesser of two evils to me would be to finish cutting to about 125 and then eat at a slight surplus while lifting and go no higher than 135 at any point in my life after that ideally.

>you guys seem to do when you bulk.

Not when done properly. The proper way to bulk is to eat a very modest +250 surplus.

Also avoid 'dirty bulking'. If you eat crap, you look like crap. All the biggest, most asthetic posters on the board like Lotus and MasT say that eating dirty inhibits muscular devolpment- and they look huge. Why not listen to them?

Sorry for the rant, the dirty bulk meme just pisses me off. Dumbest shit.

>chubby/fat.

Nah, you're a woman remember. Guys look ebst at 6-8%, women aren't even healthy at such low bf %.

If you want, you can keep cutting a bit. You're no where near a low enough bf% to run into health problems (12-14% is where women have health problems btw).

Just remember when you decide to bulk, +250, eat CLEAN.

The cleaner you eat the BETTER your progress, the more muscle you put on.

Have this picture of a guy that EATS CLEAN *BEFORE* He even used steroids. Take his advice!

How is it possible to have no muscle? It's like you've never done anything physical in your life..... I was twice the size of you from working a labor job as a teenager and not eating properly