Hundreds of Neolithic ancient genomes to be sequenced from Anatolia

Turkish scientists to crack Neolithic-era DNA code, European funding awarded

The European Research Council (ERC) has awarded Turkish scientists a €2.5 million ($2.9 million) grant to analyze the DNA of 1,500 people who used to live in the Anatolian region – the Asian part of present-day Turkey – during the Neolithic period.

Mehmet Somel, a professor of biological sciences at the Ankara-based Middle East Technical University (ODTÜ), told Anadolu Agency on Jan. 8 that archaeologists, biologists and anthropologists would participate in the project, which is named “Neogene.”

The study will cover the period from 10,000-7,000 BC.

hurriyetdailynews.com/turkish-scientists-to-crack-neolithic-era-dna-code-european-funding-awarded-125398

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_race
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterraneanism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah we already know they were close to Sards

How come Euros like Italians and Brownies like Egyptians aren't trying as hard to learn about their heritage? Are they arrogant enough to believe they know enough?

We don’t give a shit about genes we’re not autistic what matters is culture

I’m Italian

Epic, you must be American with this incredible sense of homour

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

But we already have some ancient anatolian samples. what we don't have is medieval (1071-1200) Turkmen dna.

>How come Euros like Italians and Brownies like Egyptians aren't trying as hard to learn about their heritage
are you retarded, amerimutt?

This is not a "muh heritage" research. Neolithic Ancient Anatolian dna is important to understand Early Neolithic Farmer dna in Europe.

>heritage has nothing to do with DNA

Okay, I guess Kunta Kinte really is an Ancient Egyptian/Hebrew.

Go the fuck back to /pol/ and stay there

won't let this thread die

I don't get why they were raped so hard they are a completely different race now while even Sardinians who were settled by Etruscans, Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans, Vandals, Byzantines, Saracens, Pisani, Genoese, Spanish and Piedmont retained their DNA way more than them

Italians since Mussolini have conceived of themselves as a culture, not a race. But in fact they HAVE done this research in Italy, one of the leading scientists who pioneered this work is an Italian.

>Turkish scientists to crack Neolithic-era DNA code, European funding awarded
>Turkish scientists
>crack DNA code
Get ready for out of Africa 2

>this retarded shit again

We really should ban americans.
Nigger only you faggots are so autistic about genes, meds care only about culture, this includes southern euros, north africans, levantines and turks.

It's that they don't really care too much, also

>What is sangre azul

I don't know and I don't ace it literally doesn't matter, if even a nigger lived his whole life in your country, grew up eating the same food and celebrating the same holidays he is your countryman. Nobody cares about muh skin color like you retarded amerifats do.
I don't know why its so hard to understand.

>meds don't care about ra-
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_race

>the mediterrenean race reaches tot he horn of africa

Do you know who lives there you fucking retard?
Meditereneans are literally everyone living around the sea, you're shitty wikipedia page doesn't really go against that.

Meant your*

The guy who came up with the theory was fucking Italian. Fascist Italy was subscribed to this much like how the Nazis did towards Aryanism.

No it wasn't, where the hell did you read that?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterraneanism

You mean the italian 'fascists' who surrendered by the thousands?
Being med is a culture not a genetic thing.
For example spain is mostly germanic/celtic and slightly berber.
Italy is mostly latin and celtic.
Greece is greek/slav/albanian.
Turkey is everything within the ottoman empire aside from arabs.
Then there is north africa which is berber and arab and the levant which is semitic and now slightly european due to the jews.

>Mediterraneanism is an ideology that claims that there are distinctive characteristics that Mediterranean cultures have in common.
>MEDITERRANEAN
>CULTURES
The idea of a Mediterranean race was invented by a guy named Thomas Huxley, an Anglo, and clarified by William Z. Ripley, another Anglo. Racial Mediterraneanism only happened in response to Nordicism.

so basically they cared about race in the end.

>Being med is a culture not a genetic thing
>For example spain is mostly germanic/celtic and slightly berber
>now slightly european due to the jews

clueless.jpg

Not race as a genetic class like the americans believe.

Ashkenazi are just slightly swarthy europeans.

It doesn't work like that. He might be a fellow countryman, as everyone with citizenship is. However he will not be considered as part of our ethnicity nor "our" group/nation but rather as an accustomed foreigner. Perhaps his children will and could be considered as such, depending on the ethnicity, black features tend to sting around for a couple of generations atleast.

Who would be closer to you a black guy who thinks,eats and behaves the same as you or a white guy who speaks a different language, eats different things and behaves completely different?

>Ashkenazi are just slightly swarthy europeans.

retard.png

ashkenazis are levantines mixed with euros and spain is full of north african/euro mutts.

Did you actually go to spain?
People were naturally white but tanned.

Since you are going by extremes, I would consider one closer to race and the other closer by culture, but both are necessary to be considered one of our own, so they would both be considered foreign in different ways. My white neighbor has two mulatto children, if I saw them in a foreign country I would not recognize them as my own at all, yet I can easily pick out fellow countrymen based on their appearance.

Furthermore, the "white foreigner" his offspring, if mixed with a native will be both native "passing" and accultured.

Lastly, I am European, not a yank.

Geee thanks for numbering these, i wouldve been lost without.