Cheap steak

How to cook a cheap steak? dies anyone know how to do it? what seasoning + sauces could improve that shit? I prefer to fry it on a pan

Anything steaks related is appreciated

Other urls found in this thread:

allrecipes.com/recipe/143809/best-steak-marinade-in-existence/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you're looking to cook cheap steak no amount of seasoning is gonna help other than salt and pepper.

Just drown that bitch in A1

Or better yet just don't buy shitty cut and cook a real steak

What is A1? olive oil? or a type of pan?

Thanks for your help but nigga im poor, can't afford but the shitties red meat and I wanna try and raise my natural test

If you want cheaper meat, get chicken or turkey. Ground beef can be okay too. You're never going to make a cheap steak taste okay unless you drown in in sauce, wrap it in bacon, or do something else to make it less gains-friendly.

Cheap steak? Slow cook it?

Sear the steak in a pan all around, then throw it in the oven at low temp for 3-4 hours.

Cheaper beef cuts have mostly problems with the texture. It's chewy .Slow cooking drenched in sauces will definitely help with the texture-based problems of cheaper cuts. Also marinading with acidic lemon or lime-juice based marinades will tenderize the meat. Yoghurt-based marinades do the same thing, but you can't sear the meat in high temps as it has absorbed some of the dairy. You can also mature the meat in just below freezing temperature for extended periods. Tenderizing the meat manually also helps. Just buy a good hammer and smack the fuck out of that steak. beating a dead piece of meat deader with a fucking mallet also increases testosterone.

> beating a dead piece of meat deader with a fucking mallet also increases testosterone.

kek

do you suggest I cut it into little pieces and just sear the shit out of them?

Not the user you're replying to, but cutting it up into little pieces makes it pretty useful in stir fry, chili, and stew dishes. Those kinds of dishes usually make more sense with cheaper cuts of beef anyways.

also check'd

Thanks guys

There's two ways to have a good texture in beef. Either you sear it in a hot pan to medium minus doneness, and let it rest for a while OR you toss it in an oven that's around 215F and keep it in there basically as long as you like. Sear it after you take it out of the oven, it'll retain moisture better that way.
Outside of slow cooking, beef is as tender as it gets when it's raw. Searing only makes it chewier. The point is not to let it get too chewy but to have a nice color and flavor to it with a quick trip to the pan.
I wouldn't suggest cubing it. Gets overcooked way easily and you can make nice slices post-cooking if you want that nice gradient visible.

I usually buy mechanically tenderized flank steaks
>put salt and pepper on them
>put in oven for 20ish minutes
>flip at halfway
>eat it at well done
I really like it that way

A1 is a steak sauce. A little sweet and very smokey - really good shit.

any answer that isn't A1 or worcestershire is bullshit.

>drowning a perfectly good piece of meat in cucksauce

You can let it sit in lemon juce/sirup over night. That will make it tender. Then sear it on the outside. If it's still raw inside, slow cook it as the other user said.

Just cook a decent whiskey sauce and everything takes amazing

at what heat do you oven-roast them?

Watch for sales and stock up when the deals are good. You will have to freeze a lot of them but the quality will still be higher on a high quality frozen steak vs. a cheap fresh steak.

For cheap stuff bought at regular price, use them in gains-friendly meals cut into smaller pieces and/or slowcooked.

>original question was how to make shit-tier steak palatable

I love White Goodman

Buy flat Iron steak or ask for the middle part of the ham/leg that's marbled in fat. Get it to room temperature. Plenty of salt and pepper and olive oil, don't let it sit like that, go straight to hottest pan you ever had in your house and sear that motherfucker. That extreme temperature will literally boil the blood inside the steak and break it up inside, making it edible.

Hit it with a hammer.

Donald, nobody wants your steaks and I'm sure you can buy ones that are good. Just buy some skirt steaks and try to make America great again.

>palatable
what did he mean by this?

Step 1. Make soup

Step 2. Profit

If you but cheap beef a lot get pic related
jaccard tenderizer

Top sirloin steak marinade recipe

Half cup of olive oil
Half cup of soy sauce
Few table spoons of Worcestershire sauce
Couple cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper

This should be good for a couple decent sized steaks. Let it marinade for 2-4 hours. It will melt in your mouth.

>tfw even Jew supermarket keeps selling me non fresh meats (smells like gym socks) and have to keep returning
Where to cop fresh ribeyes that arent getting their exp dates pushed back

Kekd

here's my guide to cheap meats. For these you need a stovetop, a decently sized skillet/pan, an oven, and a roasting thermometer that has s wire probe
>beef
Always buy on sale
Cuts: eye roast, top round, top sirloin, flank

If you want burgers just look up Matty mathesons burger video on yt

Use this marinade
allrecipes.com/recipe/143809/best-steak-marinade-in-existence/
Make sure to buy the cheapest sauces for this, it doesn't matter and you will throw it out. Also instead of using real lemons for juice buy the bottled cheap shit from concentrate.

Cook: get marinade off with paper towel, season with salt and pepper. sear on high heat with thyme, butter, and garlic for 2 minutes each side in coconut oil, then put in oven at 350f till thickest part is 125f
use a roasting thermometer (one with a wire probe that you leave in the meat, such as thermopro on amazon) for this

For eye roast, instead of pan searing it, I put it in the oven at 400f for 15 minutes then bring the temperature down to 350f again.

Lest rest for 5-10 minutes depending on thickness and cut

>Pork
cuts:Just buy the bone on or boneless pork chops if they are a good price

Cook: same as beef, except don't use marinade. Season with pork seasoning (I recommend dizzy pig dizzy dust), salt, and pepper. I sear it like the beef but on slightly lower heat and don't use garlic. I roast it in the oven until the internal temperature is 140 degrees

>chicken

I don't cook plain chicken breast, I cook either chicken Marsala or franchez. These are more complex recipes so look up Gordon ramseys chicken Marsala video or Laura in the kitchen's chicken Marsala video. The only thing I change here is I buy the value packs of chicken tenderloins instead of chicken breast.

Don't be discouraged if the recipes don't turn out amazing the first time, but if you follow these guidelines you should have great tasting meats without spending $10 a lb for prime cuts of beef.