Spend almost all my time near keyboards

>spend almost all my time near keyboards
>can't touch type
How do I achieve hand gains?

Other urls found in this thread:

typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/
klavaro.sourceforge.net/en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you're not too poor, get a mechanical keyboard that you enjoy typing on. I suggest an IBM Model M for maximum finger swole. I prefer topre but that's pricey. After you get one you'll like the feel so much you'll want any excuse to type. Go on typeracer and do a few races every day, and that's it. I can touch type 100wpm on average now, and it feels pretty good.

Friendlet detected. I learned to touch type because fast conversations on MSN/fb chat/etc demanded it

OP, ignore this. Mechanical keyboards are great, but they won't teach you to touch type.
Make sure you have proper hand position at home row. Do not look at the keyboard when you type. If you have to just hit random shit until you find your letter, do it. It will be annoying, but if you type on a remotely regular basis, you will have the layout memorized in short order, and then you'll just get faster over time. Just like with lifting, use proper form, even if it means you type slower than you would otherwise. It's the best for you long-term.

lmao it's as if you didn't spend your teens playing RPGs

How can you not touch type when there are grooves on the F and J?

ITT: typelets

Just did this in the dark

typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/

Learning how to cook and building knife skills will help develop hand agility.

i got 56
>on my phone
heh.

I've been using www.keybr.com for a few days, learned how to do it, I'm working on my speed now.

>have mechanical keyboard for more than a year
>still bottoming out
I guess old habits die hard

Tape a piece of paper over your keyboard and keep your hands under it. For the first couples days to week you'll get frustrated and have trouble typing but after a while of not seeing the keys you'll develop the muscle memory.

Anyone else here type with two fingers per hand?

I can't be bothered to learn how to use all my fingers

145 WPM masterrace

Just practice bro
10fastfingers.com

Set your keyboard to DVORAK and install Klavaro
klavaro.sourceforge.net/en/
Good luck

I type with three + thumb for space and pinky for enter, if that counts.

Yeah I do also, I took computer classes in school but It just was so fucking annoying doing homerow and dedicating so much time to it.

I can type not looking with like 98% accuracy and it's fast, years of playing vidya and talking online just ingrained the keyboard into my mind

Guitar

Are you not supposed to? I have a lighter variant of topre and I bottom out most of the time.

Years of AIM, MySpace, and other chats ect.

I had typing lessons in middle school, but nothing improved my typing like instant messenger

Huh. I felt like I did really bad but my score came out pretty well.

This time I fixed my chair. This is good, 100 WPM is where most people should strive for.