OHP Progression?

How do I work up to 1pl8 with OHP?

I can barely lift the bar let alone add any weight.

Why don't they have lighter bars by the benches?
Do they really expect everyone to start with the Olympic bar?

You can start with dumbells if necessary.

...just use dumbells...you'll also progress faster at first to move up to the bar because it incorporates more muscle fibres due to the need to stabilize.

>I can barely lift the bar
then do reps with bar only until you can add weight

for people that can't even raise the bar there are always dbs

Not joking, are you a girl? How the fuck can a human male not lift 45lbs over his head with both arms? Are you supreme skelly lanklet?

I keep reading on every SS and generic routine that you start with the bar for OHP. Why does it not mention dbs?

Also which form is correct? Should I use bench or stand like in pic related?

Or is pic related a OOHP?

>both arms
OHP is One Hand Press retard.

>OHP is One Hand Press retard.
What? Are you baiting me?
OHP=Over Head Press

Hold on, are you fags talking about Over Head Press or this one handed nonsense?

bait thread

>I keep reading on every SS and generic routine that you start with the bar for OHP. Why does it not mention dbs?
Because, let's face it, you are weak as fuck. You are below average and need to work your way up to being an untrained person. 12 year old kids lift more than you.

Look up a video for standing dumbell press.

The problem most people have when they try to do a one-handed press with a dumbell isn't the weight, but rather the balancer muscles in your arms. A lot of the time, they're just not used to a central weight. What works best is if you load one plate on one side of the dumbell, but leave the other side empty. I know this sounds weird, but having an off centre mass will actually shock your muscles into growing faster and more consistently.

Also be sure not to use clips - it'll activate your self-preservation instincts and allow you to pull more weight, boosting your muscle growth exponentially

This. What is going on in this crossfit faggoty thread.

they got me too man

jesus christ i was about to give tips on OHP progression but i see this is just some fucking troll/bullshit waste of time. why the fuck do i even come here.

Getting the form down is the first important step, when you can Ohp around 0.6 of bodyweight try bulking as it will really help. I got to 1pl8 in about 3 months at 160lbs bodyweight.

Are you dumb? If you use two hands it's a military press, one hand is OHP. Why the fuck would people think 1pl8 military press is a goal? You should be able to do that your first day in the gym, but it takes work to do it with one hand.

Give Me some tips, senpai.
Stuck in One platw

On One Plate*

Vary the weights instead of doing 3x5 with a static weight
I cbf turning this into lbs. It's a x2.02 conversion.
50x5, 55x5 62.5x5

You're aiming to push your limits little by little. Don't forget to try a 1rm every other week.
Nutrition honestly helps, as well. Make sure you're getting enough protein and fats.

You're a piece of shit

If all you can lift is the bar, lift the bar. Go for 3x5 or 5x5 and add 1.25kg plate increments if you have to, just treat the progression like you would any other exercise, the thing with OHP is that progress will be slow compared to other compound lifts. Dumbbells are also fine, although I'd recommend using them as accessories rather than your main lift. The technique and muscle activation will obviously be slightly different with dumbbells, and since you're able to handle more weight with a barbell I personally think it's better for overall strength progression.

Also I sincerely hope you're not talking about one handed presses with a barbell since that's fucking retarded for reasons that should be obvious

Build up strength till you reach 40kg PHP (0.5pl8)
From that point add accessories that hit other shoulder heads till you reach 50kg (0.75pl8) then start accessorising the individual heads of the triceps

That's how I got to 1pl8 5rep in a rather linear flow then lost all motivation cause 1pl8 OHP
>mfw back at 50kg after 2 months of skipping gym

>PHP
Fuck autocorrect

Are we witnessing the birth of a fresh meme?

Never skip OOHPs day.

Wtf are you going on about?
You are literally cheating yourself by using two hands.
That's why it's called ONE HAND PRESS. Over head is already implied, you retard..

Nope

suck a dick though