Regularly buy chicken breasts/eggs/avocados/fruit/nuts here

>Regularly buy chicken breasts/eggs/avocados/fruit/nuts here
>Spend more than the next 5 people combined
>Every employee has a face like a slapped arse
>Incapable of delivering the absolute basics of customer service
>Cashiers sperg out at you for packing slowly even though they give you your shit in the wrong order
>Fellow shoppers are "interesting" to say the least

Name a worse store than this shit hole.

Murrican Aldi?

German Aldi and Hofer, the Austrian branch are top notch unless you live in a kebab infested area

I like aldi, cheap as fuck. But I wouldn't buy meat or eggs there. Probably been on some other shelf for months.

Learn spanish and they will treat you like a king. Walmart is worse.

UK. Surprisingly you don't see a lot of kebabs in there, it's mostly European immigrants.

I once watched some foreigner try to haggle with the cashier after he had already scanned and bagged all of his stuff.

>this budget supermarket is full of poor people. The low-wage staff do not seem to enjoy their jobs.

you're blowing my mind here OP

I doubt it. They move so much product that it's probably fresher than most other places. Half the time a lot of the cheaper cuts are completely sold out.

You're supposed to just throw all your stuff back in your trolley/basket and then pack it properly on the shelf opposite the tills. This speeds up checkout times for everybody.

>low wage
UK aldi's pay quite high IIRC, just some people can't into customer service (supermarket staff are mostly autistic from my experiences)

it's cheap.
what the fuck are you expecting?
If ALDIs' atmosphere is upsetting your delicate sensibilities, shop somewhere else, you massive poof.

Yes, Aldi prides itself to be one of the less exploity chains.

You get what you pay for, as they say.

I don't expect good customer service, I expect fresh chicken and fish at ridiculously low prices that haven't bee imported from whereeverthefuckistan on the other end of Europe.

Man cop yourself some of those schnitzels and mini frickadellen, ultimate bulking food.

Tbh the only thing I buy that's cheaper than other places is the chicken and certain fruits. I just shop there because it's in a convenient location.

11111111111111111tttttttttttt

lmao
Isn't this place for poor people?

Don't rip ALDI - their cheapness is the main factor in fueling my gainz.

>Cashiers sperg out at you for packing slowly even though they give you your shit in the wrong order

you utter retard, you're meant to pack all your stuff back into your basket/trolley then go to DIRECTLY FORWARD TO THE PACKING STATION

All experienced ALDI-ers wish death upon you

If we're talking in the US, Walmart. Aldi is fucking awesome in the US. Best prices on anything that isn't meat.

Are you in germany? Because german ALDI is god tier

>most reasonable prices
>employees are sharp, have strict dress code and are forced to work every hard
>that german efficiency working at every angle
>unitarian social approach. All clever people shop at ALDI

I live a 25 second walk from an aldi and i love it.

Its like having all of my gains on my doorstep and i never have an excuse not to eat well because im only ever 25 seconds away from healthy food. Also, once in a while they'll have some weird fucking european food ive never heard of which is delicious.

The only down side is that they have no automatic checkouts.

Aldi is amazing user.

>The only down side is that they have no automatic checkouts.
They're more efficient at the moment. Aren't they in the US?

UK SUPERMARKET TIERS

>GOAT TIER
Marks and Spencer
Waitrose

>ACCEPTABLE TIER
Sainsbury's
Co-op
Morrisons

>ONLY THING OPEN AT NIGHT TIER
Tesco
SPAR

>WHERE ARE THE BRANDED PRODUCTS aka I'M A COMPLETE POVVO TIER
Aldi
Lidl

I don't shop at Aldi but I fucking love Lidl, which I assume are similar.

They lack some necessities for my diet, like fresh fish, but they have plenty of other high-quality, inexpensive shit.

How can you possibly be this unaware?

You're meant to put your shit directly in your trolley/basket then pack it in the bagging area numbnuts. Or pack faster. Slow packers ruin it for the rest of us.

This is how it is in Texas

>God Tier
Whole Foods
Market Street
Sprouts

>Good Tier
Kroger
Target

>Okay Tier
Albertsons

>Last Resort Tier
Walmart

>Emergency Tier
Everything else

Iceland's gotta be the next tier down, that's where all the council scum go.

Morrisons are expensive as fuck, but their brand selection is unrivaled.

>tfw they sell god-tier low calories 37g protein/per 100g cheese, which tastes fucking amazing as part of a 400cal toastie
>tfw it got put from £3 to £4 for 350g.

In the UK:

>Standard/Baseline tier:
Tesco
Asda

>Slightly more expensive/higher quality tier:
Sainsbury's
Morrisons

>Inexpensive, good-quality tier:
Aldi
Lidl

>I have a broomstick up my bum tier:
Waitrose
M&S
Booths (Northern Waitrose)

>"Cancer, get in my mouth" tier
Poundland
Iceland
Farmfoods

>Why does it exist tier:
Spar
Co-op

They have a slapped are because they are very understaffed at all times. I used to work at Lidl, which is a similar brand supermarket. They pay way above the national average for retail but you gotta work your ass off to make up for the short staff.

They also get shitty because you're not meant to pack your shit at the till. Put it in the trolly and pack it by the shelf at the end of the store. People like you used to piss me off.

Oh and our scan times were timed, had to aim for 35scans a minute and you'd get called on it if you miss your target. Short scan times = more people on shop floor doing shit.

What, you want to pack your bags at a slower pace and take it easy? Maybe don't go to a budget supermarket and go to fucking waitrose you entitled wanker.

>Why does it exist tier
>Co-op

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but I came from the Scottish countryside and there would ALWAYS be a co-op in every town with more than a 500 population, so I think that's their target market. That being said, I moved to the city a long time ago so I'm not sure if that's still the case.

WTF is going on in Britain to-day when a total cretin goes into Aldi to pick up a few perishables, and he complains because he's had an insalubrious customer experience. He is not simply taken by the question of value, but he wants something more, something ineffable, unspeakable; he wants a good customer experience. Exchange is incommodious without the right ambience: every player needs his stage .

this, they sell half of their market every day, shit cant even get old

based german aldi here, magerquark is love, magerquark is life

I just can't imagine shopping specifically in Co-op or Spar for anything that I wouldn't buy elsewhere. Let's take the 3 elements of competition:
>Less expensive
>Better
>Different
And they offer none of those over Sainsbury's/Asda/Tesco. The only reason someone would go there is if it is close by and you need some specific item at that point in time; most people do at least one weekly trip to a big supermarket.

Walmart

Tfw local grocery store sells fresh bone and skin chicken breast for around 69-85 cents a pound.
Tfw sells boneless skinless for 1-2$ a pound.
[spoiler] I live in a black neighborhood of southern arkansas [/spoiler]

Too bad I have to drive to walmart for any kind of beef since the local store does not label the leanness of their beef what so ever.

There is no bagging area in this Aldi. It's in a shopping centre and there's like 24 tills, the queues disappear quickly.

Swap to fucking waitrose if that makes you more comfortable faggot. Aldi is cheap as fuck cause it's no frills and does the basics well. Go in, get your meat, veg, dairy etc and gtfo. Who gives a shit how the staff look or if they smile at you.

food city

The only reason Spar exists is because people don't want to go into random "Paki shops".

Lidl and Aldi are pretty similar and both equally based IMO. Good stuff cheap as fuck. I genuinely believe only fucking morons who need to feel posh shop at the likes of waitrose and M&S now. I'm well off and still shop at Lidl and Aldi cause I'm not a pretentious twat who enjoys being ripped off.

Visiting ASDA is like a trip to the zoo. Fantastic beasts everywhere and everything is processed and full of sugar. The USA is trying to turn us into hambeasts.

(Burgers: ASDA is the UK Walmart)

Yep, still the case. Although I think Tesco are trying to squeeze them out.

Also,
Spar is good for 24 necessities. I'll pop into my local on if I'm on my way back from a night out and want shit for breakfast or something. Or just to get fags and skins. The also do click+collect shopping which is useful as fuck if you work and order shit online.

But the Waitrose and M&S "entry tier" stuff is pretty good and cheap. I like M&S cola more than coke, and Waitrose sells tonic water made with real sugar for 1/4 the price of schweppes.

>TFW too patriotic to shop in ASDA

Also their jam doughnuts are disgusting, they taste scented.

Co-op service a lot of remote places in Scotland, especially the islands, where the bigger chains don't give a fuck about having a store there. The tend to be expensive as fuck though but they basically have a captive market cause it's not practical for many of these people to do a weekly shop at a bigger store somewhere. My parents live on an island off Scotland and by the time you've paid for your car to go over on a ferry and back its cheaper to shop at the co-op.

Shopping at waitrose and M&S still makes you a wander though. And shopping their to buy there own brand stuff is even worse. It's like saying you want to appear posh but can't actually afford to.

The food is so much better though famo

Hate to break it to you, but rich people don't shop at waitrose/m&s. Rich people shop at costco.

And unlike EU chicken, you get some growth hormone in there for free.

And unlike EU chicken, you get some growth hormone in there for free.

Nice double-post, how embarrassing!

>Texas
>no HEB
m8 pls

Wal Mart is worse, at least regarding the "people" you will find in them in Bowling Green, KY.

I'm fairly certain Aldi doesn't have those fucking scooters, so the fattest of the fat don't bother.

They pay quite well considering what the job is.
I am part time starting at $12.30 and an extra dollar an hour on sundays.
Store managers start at 75k a year

this
aldi is fucking godtier

>Why does it exist tier:
Best-In
Happy Shopper
Londis
Costcutter
Euro Shopper
Heritage

>Beyond God Tier
Howard Edward Butt

Fuck off they pay 1 quid more than the other branches but make you work twice as hard.

The aldi in manchester looks like a chinese workshop meanwhile the tesco is full of faggots fiddling with their phones and just chatting

>Name a worse store than this shit hole.
Publix

Tasty subs. But I want to fucking strangle the baggers when they try and hand me my bags with their sweaty hands. I'm capable of picking them up myself.
Also,
>no cart corrals to put the shopping cart in, so I either have to go back into the store, or leave it sitting out in the parking lot like a nigger

ur mom lmao

>This is how it is in Texas
>Doesn't put HEB anywhere on the list

Where in the fuck do you live?

And here's the worst thing about Florida

God-Tier
>Publix

Great-Tier
>Publix

Decent-Tier
>Publix

Shit-Tier
>Publix

Literally no other options

Aldi actually pays pretty well compared to other stores.

>no HEB

what the fuck is wrong with you

I feel like if I dont get bogo chicken breast im getting dicked for chicken

America's first supermarket.

Their jam doughnuts used to be best by far in the early 00s desu.

Are all of you poor or something

Damn, this looks like the one out in East Moriches on long Island. There's only a handful of these left and they are entirely inhabited by old people that have shopped there since they got back from "the war", assholes and people that needed a pineapple but didn't want to go further.

European patrician coming thru

Iceland is in a tier beneath aldi/lidl

Booths is in a tier above waitrose.

M&S is worse than waitrose (heavy focus on ready meals, poor brand selection, no meat/fish/deli counter) but is better than the tier below.

>Literally everyone in Britain is used to packing at the till
>No obvious instructions not to pack at the till
>Surprised when people pack at the till

lmao, fuck off.

You're a mong...the own brand waitrose stuff is good quality at a reasonable price. Half the stuff in Lidl is prison-tier.

i live in florida and have literally only good experiences with aldi

they're fast, i get in, and get the fuck out

you aren't supposed to pack your shit at the till either, i don't think anywhere does that so i'll assume you're in another country where that's the norm.

we don't have scooters so fat pieces of shit can't shop there so that's nice.

i love it, it's what every single super market should aspire to be.

i don't care about hassling the person ringing up my order to act like they give a fuck, only old people do that because they feel like the world owes them everything. are you by chance a 70 year old man wasting everyone's time?

I hate it more when I get good customer service.

People working minimum wage, in a public facing job for stupid shifts are lying to you if they pretend to be happy. No one there is happy. They just want to turn up, do as little as possible while more successful people buy their shopping, go home and watch Netflix and get paid at the month only to see the majority of their pay disappear on rent and bills.

Poor bastards.

this is how i feel exactly

i don't like being lied to. we're all on the grind called life, do what you're supposed to and it's not a problem

Then pack faster stoopid.

Didn't German Aldi get in trouble for a shipment of "bananas" that ended up just being cocaine or something

sometimes cocaine, sometimes venomous spiders

Those banana spiders give you a killer erection though

this better be bait

>buying brands
>paying 300% for the same shit

oh do i hope for your sake i just fell for some bait

>expecting the staff to care
What are you, a middle-aged woman?

>not going to Alma

This is why the best shop in Poland will go bankrupt, fuck you asshole

Here in the grocery capital of the US (Cary, NC) - Aldi parking lot is pretty full. I see BMW's in the parking lot.

We have Harris Teeter and Publix (super premium), Kroger, Food Lion, Trader Joes, Wal-Mart (both big and small), and others, with Lidl and Wegman's coming. Even Korean (H Mart) and multiple Indian markets.

Yet with all of that, I drive across town to go to Aldi.

>grocery capital of the US
>no H-E-B

asda?

Im talking american aldi, and just like OP described or worse.
I stepped into one and i swear i had fleas when i left.
I would never go back into one.
I dont care how cheap they are.

Ill stick with dillons, Kroger, ill even shop at a price chopper before aldi

Then get a job at Tesco you jobsworth.

Hi poor person
Could you please not reply to my post again
I don't want to interact with poor people.

I don't buy Noke or Adadis gym kit
I don't buy Semseng phones
I don't buy Dall PC's
Why should I buy Hainz "tomato" ketchup?

do people outside of germany not know the difference between a supermarket and discounter?
serious question

>ACCEPTABLE TIER
>Co-op

No. Just no. Shit food, shit prices. Lose-lose.

Swede here.

Been to Booths, M&S in England and Lidl in Scotland. It was pretty good actually, all 3 of them. You guys suck at candy though.

>Adadis
>Semseng
>Dall PC's

>>Cashiers sperg out at you for packing slowly even though they give you your shit in the wrong order

I shop at aldi in the uk i think its top notch tbf but mine is in a city centre so the customer service is usually pretty good

Then why is aldi in your neighbouring country absolutely crap? The stores are messy. Packaging materials all throughout the stores. The fruits are not fresh most of the time. The pre packaged stuff is questionable at best. The shaving cream actually formed a hard lump after spraying it. I detest Aldi and Lidl with a passion.

Sorry forgot to mention I'm in the netherlands.

>Name a worse store than this shit hole.

Wal-Mart. Never been to an Aldi but I'd still bet money that wally world is so much worse.

What country/state? $12.30/hr is insane!