User, do you live alone, completely on your own?

user, do you live alone, completely on your own?
How is it compared to living with your parents?

Pros
Do anything you want anywhere in the house. Includes fridge, kitchen, bathroom, living room, and so on.
Can bring sloots home if you're in to that. Easier to hang with friends and be loud.

Cons
Biggest is COST. Food, rent, internet, utilities, etc.
Have to do your own dishes like a big boy and clean the entire house

What if you're a dirty slog?

fuck Veeky Forums

That looks a lot like my ex-gf(she was a little heavier though).

>tfw even though I'm much stronger and bigger than when we were dating, I'm losing my hair and haven't had sex since.

Gains can't even reconcile these feels.

At what age is it no longer acceptable to live with your parents? I'm 22 and feeling like a loser desu.

>dirtyslog
>OP's pic

Then you just buy a webcam

Depends what your goals are. If it's to date and bang sluts you need your own place.

Love living alone, I lived with my parents, two brothers and my sister until I was 26. Fucking couldn't stand living there and I spent most of my life locked up in my room, plugged into the matrix. At 26 I moved to another state and currently live on my own completely, its a great experience and I wish i have done this before and not waited so long b4 moving out, the only con i see is it can sometimes get lonely as it can be complete silence in your place sometimes, not a word from anyone else for days. Another con is safety is a concern if you live alone, when yo are gone at work, gym, eating out there is nothing to prevent someone from breaking in and stealing your shit

I currently live alone in a 2bd 2ba apartment after my roommate peaced out to live with his parents again.

It's definitely worth the increased cost as I don't have to deal with anyone else and can go home after a long day at work/gym and relax by myself.

check'd

Live alone with my doggo on 5 acres in the mountians that is also my place of work. Good thing my mommy still pays for my food cause im a good boy .

Living by myself currently.

Pros:

>my own space
>do what I want when I want
>nobody dirtying shit, annoying me, or eating my food
>privacy

Cons:

>can get lonely, especially in winter
>have to do all the chores by yourself
>much more expensive

Still would take it over living with my mom or brother or having a housemate again.

Literally the best decision of my life. Forced me to grow up and stop being such a manchild. Sure cleaning up is annoying sometimes, but it just makes me realize what a lazy entitled cunt I was.
Another benefit is choosing the food you buy and eat for every meal.

Living on my own is great because I am forced to buy my own food and eat big instead of starving myself playing vidya all day waiting for dinner.

Are you a park ranger or something?

Moving out was the best thing I've ever done, wish I did it years earlier.

Can't deal with psycho parents.

25 living at home. I lived on my own while studying but moved back in while looking for a job and now I've been living with my parents while working full time for over 2 years. The biggest reason why I don't move out is money. While I get paid well it just doesn't financially make any sense to move out when I can live with them in a massive house at negligible cost. I don't have a gf and don't really care about going out and bringing in sloots so that isn't really an issue. If I had a gf I'd probably get my own place or look to get a place with her for privacy and to make things easier.

Parents don't seem to mind me living at home and I do plenty of chores to help them out.

Thanks man I'm your negative. I was a virgin when I looked good and lifted but once I stopped caring I found a cute and have a gf now. Life is weird.

>parents won't let me move out because they're afraid of finding me dead

Lived with the folks in there massive basement until I was 26.

Moving out and into the city 5 years ago basically forced me to grow up and become a person. I do plan on moving back before I'm 40 though it's comfy as fuck there.

Probably build my own place with a garage loft.

Live with a bunch of supermodels.

Well, not supermodels. Just models.

Well, women, really.

A women's dorm.

In the attic of a women's dorm.

Nobody knows I live here.

At least until they try to figure out why semen is leaking through everyone's ceilings.

My parents gave me a house. It's the best. It has more bedrooms than I need so I have more than enough space for all my shit. I've let girls couch surf and ended up fucking them. Also let friends have a room when they're in town and they pay back the favor when I travel to their cities.

yeah this im realizing theres no point in getting up on tinder and shit despite my gains because im 18 and living with my parent

I can actually deal with my parents now that I don't have to live with them every single day. Living on your own is the best, even better if you don't have a roommate. Even with your best friend as your roommate they will do shit that will piss you off.

On the fit related side it is nice not having to deal with your mom thinking protein powder and creatine cause cancer and that your Veeky Forums uncle died of pancreatic cancer because he took them. Had to smuggle that shit around the house like it was drugs.

>biggest con is cost
if you'd ever been in a relationship you'd realize that cost belongs in the pro category because women have zero concept of money and they won't stick around long enough for you to say "no, you can't go shopping"

nvm just finished reading op post

fag

I'm 23 and I really don't think it matters. I'd say after 26-27 is getting old.

I can't wait to move out though. It's miserable.

>had to move back in with my parents because injury and can't work atm
>I'm either sleeping on the ouch or on my brothers bed with him
>never been happier

It's great. Helps you become an adult quicker too not just obtain it through age. I moved out when I was twenty. My brother stayed at home until he was 27. Now, he is more successful than me ever so slightly (20k a year more) but when it comes to anything involving adult responsibilities, he's clueless. He didn't even have his first job until he moved out. So, financially living on your own sucks, but living on your own helps you get on with life like you really should. Recently I just moved back home for the first time to buy a house in a month or two. Holy fuck. I don't know how people live like this. Everything is taken care of for me and o feel like a fucking baby. For the first time in my life I just lock myself in my room and play video games on my time off. My sex life has gone down the drain. My social life as well. To me, it sucks living at home.

Have lived with parents, roommates, gf, and on my own. Living alone is the best by far

> Want quiet? Turn off the music, it is now quiet
> Want lights out? Turn off the lights, go to bed
> Want to walk out your own front door for no reason? No explanation or estimated time of return required
> Want to be alone? You're alone
> Want to have company? Invite friends over (implying Veeky Forums has friends)

It's a bit more expensive than living with roommates or parents, but more than made up for by the control you have over your own space.

The price of freedom is always worth it

I live completely by myself.

It's nice sometimes, gets lonely sometimes, but overall I prefer it.

Living with your parents is shameful and you should get a job and live somewhere on your own and stop being a degenerate.

I moved out at 18 and lived on my own for all but four of the last 35 years.. living with another is inconceivable to me..

the complete autonomy I enjoy is the only way I can imagine living.

how did you do it

Nah, I'm straight. Don't blame you for wishing I was though, I'm a catch. I'm sure you'll find a qt bf once you make it.

It's alright.

Where I live now is a bit small though, not really suited to having company.

>user, do you live alone, completely on your own?
Yes
>How is it compared to living with your parents?
Incredibly expensive.

If I could find a job anywhere near where either of my parent's live, I would move back in and save until I hit 30.

>how did you do it

wtf? Honest? Get job, get place, pay bills. That's it.

underrated

I meant financially. did you work a lot before 18 and have decent savings? Or did you just work like hell when you moved out and had basically no downtime, especially if you went to postsecondary

I do and I use my PTO whenever I can to visit my parents. Best of both worlds.

Compared to living with my parents its lonely and expensive but I have literally no responsibilities. Can't really say it's a tradeoff since I can't imagine living with my parents at this age.

I lived alone for 12 years before moving back in with my parents (fuck me). It's great.

I'm 28 but med student.

You do you.

im 26. 27 in a few months.

i pay my parents rent and they're basically my best friends.

they don't care if i fuck or bring girls over as long as we're quiet. but i did move out and into an apartment with my last gf. when she cucked me i moved back in and my folks completely redid my room while i was gone.

feels good man

>tfw neet my entire life and my dad just died now i got the entire house to myself and i have to now get a job and will inevitably get kicked out to make room for a single mother with 3 kids

You don't need permission just the will to succeed you pussy little bitch

I moved out on my own at 18, I'm 25 now. I couldn't stand feeling like a dependant. Don't get me wrong, I feel up to 23 IF you're going to school full time is acceptable, anything past that is disgraceful. I don't know why you'd want to be under the same roof as your parents longer than you'd have too.

I live in a cabin (basically one of those tiny houses that people seem obsessed with these days) up north on 50 acres right by a national park.

Unless it's hunting season or a DNR helicopter decided to fly overhead, it's dead silent in the winter and pure nature in the summer. Not a single person to bother me and if I don't feel like answering my phone I can just say the reception up here is spotty.

And I can drop my weights as much as I fucking want.

you dumb?
pros - freedom
cons - money and mom doesnt clean your dirty underwear

to all the anons who moved out at 18 did you have saving or not? what job did you get?

I own a 3 bedroom house 3 blocks from the ocean in florida. Life is good. Currently laying in my living room in shorts with my door open. Might put a shirt on and walk to the store.

*savings reeeeeeee

I lived on my own for a little and hated it. Didn't renew my lease. Moved back in at home.

>b-but you can't get laid at home

Yeah you can dude, chicks don't care. Or maybe they do but they overlook if you are confident and Veeky Forums.

Living alone is only tolerable if you have a live in gf that does your laundry/cooks for you that's the honest truth.

and mine broke up with me and I just got meh over doing basic household chores for myself desu

I'm 30 and moved back in with my dad. He's pushing 80, so really my purpose of living at home is to let him feel more independent, allowing him to live how he wants while I make sure he doesn't keel over with no one to notice. He's got heart and kidney problems.

Living with parents and have lived alone here at 24.
I make 6x more than my living expenses when living alone, so it's not specifically a money thing.

Mostly, this house is very comfortable, my room is insanely huge, I have my gym in the house, bathroom attached to my room. Everything is great in that sense.

Living alone basically becomes a straight living standards downgrade, since I don't pay rent. I pay for every utility in the house, water, electricity, gas, internet. Additionally I pay someone to come clean the house once a week. So my mom doesn't have to clean the house anymore.

The main advantage is that I don't have to cook (My mom was 10 pounds overweight, I made her switch from a beef focused diet to a chicken based diet and she lost that weight over a year)

Currently 24, turn 25 in a week and live with my parents (no siblings, it's just us three). It's pretty bad.

I mean, I live in the Bay Area California where rent is really high, and I do pay my parents rent ($600/mo). But our relationship is pretty bad (we all fight with each other, father and mother constantly fighting, etc) and I am probably the biggest loser you can imagine (kissless virgin, no friends, shut-in, etc). All I do is work at a shitty paying job because I'm too afraid/stupid for grad school, come home, sit in room rest of night.

When I was in college I lived in a dorm freshman year and an apartment the final three years and rarely ever visited home (just for Thanksgiving, Christmas and maybe a few days in the summer) and rarely even talked to my parents and I really liked being away from them. But with my life situation right now, I just can't move out and live alone.

If I was a normal person my age who has a real job, friends, could get girls, etc, there's no way I would live at home. But given how autistic and pathetic I am, it really doesn't make a difference.

Fuck pressed enter.

So I don't have to cook anymore. She also handled laundry, which I hated doing while I lived alone.

Thus all in all, I spend roughly the money I'd spend to live by myself here, but my living standard is higher. And as a result of me living here my mom's living standard is also higher, because she doesn't have to clean the 5 rooms house.

I also don't have a GF, so intimacy isn't an issue. As far as privacy goes sometimes I go days without seeing my mom so it's not a problem in the slightest.

there's no difference since i just stay in my room and have no life anyway. having my own place is not worth it.

just do whats best for you, theres millions of 20 somethings living at home right now. Sometimes its just the smarter move for you future moving out

hey man
here, so same age as you

I assume that you're kind of a shut-in type like I am, maybe few to no friends, no gf, etc? Living with your parents when you don't have to, as you clearly don't because you make a ton of money, just because of how "its comfortable" is a really bad way to go. It will prevent you from moving forward in your life

Do a lot of people in their 20s really live with their parents still?

I know that the times nowadays are completely different from when most of our boomer parents were kids and everyone got good jobs right out of school and could live on their own.

But do a lot of people in their 20s really do that? I know that a lot of people in their 20s have bad financial situations situations nowadays with not much savings and all that, but it seems like they sacrifice being an adult (living on their own, etc) for having no money and are fine with it

>I assume that you're kind of a shut-in type like I am, maybe few to no friends, no gf, etc?

No gf, 2 good friends locally, 5 interstate that I meet twice a year. shut-in to hikki levels, I work from home so that's a bit fucked. Go out of the house maybe 5-8 times a month.

>Living with your parents when you don't have to, as you clearly don't because you make a ton of money, just because of how "its comfortable" is a really bad way to go. It will prevent you from moving forward in your life

Moving forward with what? I'm learning everyday, I'm lifting and getting bigger everyday. My career is progressing, I'm making 3 times what I was making when I started out.

Happiness is what you make of it mate. I truly enjoy my life. I lived alone for a while in another state for work, around a year. Nothing much changed from then to now.

You can be making twice what I make and be an unhappy motherfucker. You can be a NEET and be happy as well.

of course, Im 24 and so many of my friends are living at home still. You see examples everywhere. It's just how it is these days

Yeah, nothing like living in a shithole or having to deal with roommates for the instant gratification of fucking girls and/or doing drugs . Not to mention you'd be sacrificing a good degree to do that, so have fun when automation comes around and makes you worthless because you couldn't think for the future.

This is really shocking to me. I know it comes off as autistic, but I am friendless at 24, so I don't have people to see to compare it to. But it amazes me that people who are "normal" who have friends and have a girlfriend/hook up with girls would live with their parents

I could see it happening in my area, the San Francisco Bay Area, because of how high rent is. But anywhere else in the country besides some major areas like NYC/Boston/Los Angeles/Seattle/Portland maybe, I can'y imagine that many young people still live at home?

I know that for white people they basically want their kids out right away while pretty much every other culture wants their kids at home as long as possible though.

I mean, its not that crazy, i was living at home til last year at 23 and im pretty normal lmao. I have friends and go out and what not.

What do you guys think is more pathetic: Living with your parents into your 20s while mooching rent free, or paying your parents rent?

got out of the house at 21, not looked back since

it's fucking perfect, nobody to bother me, free to do whatever I want

I ruined myself in the first years though by eating too much and too fat, trying to get back to a decent shape so I can finally find a girl

personally if you already work for a year and you still live at home then you're a parasite

Theres literally nothing wrong with loving at home and paying rent. As long as your working towards moving out soon. Its a worse idea to prematurely move out and lose a bunch of money just so you can uphold your image that nobody cares about in the first place

I moved out at 21, but I had a career since 18 so money were not an issue.
I think most people consider you to be a loser if you still live with your parents after a graduation.

Lmao this isnt true at all

What exactly?

I think you're going to see that guys like
who aren't even out of college age yet already have stable careers and no money problems (probably some engineer making 100k a year at 21) will call anyone living at home a loser

Lol i make 88k and still live at home. Well its really just where i leave my things i work away 2 weeks at a time and get a week off where i usually travel. So its not to bad

>who aren't even out of college age yet
I graduated community college when I was 18. Attended university every evening after work and graduated at 24.
And I didn't make a lot of money. Just enough to get myself a freedom.

31 and living at home again lol. I love living with my parents, don't want to spend $7k/year to rent a room in a shared flat and can't afford to rent my own place so I'll stay here until I have a house deposit and can get my own house.

I mean unless you count living in a dorm as moving out almost nobody in my highschool class was moved out at 21. After college people started moving out slowly. Im 23 and theres a large number of people from my highschool that are still living at home. Its very normal here

I left home at 17 to study.
Also if you do live at home, don't complain about no gf. Not impossible but close.

>i watch one night as a drop of my seed hits one of the girls directly on the nipple
>she licks it out of curiosity
>mfw

Maybe.
I moved to the US only at 24 so I don't know much about lives of American youngsters

28 here, haven't lived with parents since early 20s. Mostly had roommates, lived by myself for awhile before gf moved in. She moved in and then we broke up later that year and I lived by myself some more. Was on month to month lease at place but then they jacked rent up so now i rent a room in my friends house.

Living by yourself is the absolute primetime, but living with one roommate isn't bad compared to living with multiple roommates and your parents.

Also 28 and somewhat same here. Moved into a rent house by myself (had a few gfs, but all of them were worthless and didnt contribute).

I LOVE living by myself.

Also I feed like 10 feral cats now. It's actually more satisfying than having a gf.
>can touch them whenever I want
>they're outside so I dont have to deal with their annoying noises if i dont want to
>never nag me to move the couch

Also costs maybe ~50 a month to feed them. Way cheaper.

>had a few gfs, but all of them were worthless and didnt contribute
I know that feel. I lived with my wife for a while and that bitch didn't pay for shit, not even food! Finally managed to kick her ass recently.

19, living with my parents. Working full time making 33k. Ill be pushing 50k after school.

I like it, i can save most of my income by not paying rent and i dont cook for myself. The problem is that my name carries weight in my town, and people think im a NEET for living at home.

So i found a gf that will do these things for me while she studies to be a nurse. For me, rent is affordable as fuck. So if i get cucked, i can boot her without consequence and live alone. Im basically as autonomous as i want to be.

>thinking living at home at 19 is not normal
>people think you're a NEET for living at home at 19

yeah, you're just trolling. fuck off

What if i told you i live in a backwater utah city where all my friends went on mormon missions right out of highschool?

The ones who came back all live together over at the university but dont want me to room with them for some odd reason. (can you guess it?) So, living at home in my community at this age is strange. Hell, most people start a family when they turn 23, like my sister.

>have fun when automation comes
automation is already here

My man doing it right. Living by yourself is the goat no doubt about that. I'd like to get a dog one day but right now would rather have nothing that relies on me so I can go off just do my own shit.

Good on you for taking care of the cats though. Being honest unless you find a girl that you really get along with on a different level settling for one isn't worth it, living your life on your own and connecting with people along the way is the way to go.

I'm 23 right now, living in Los Angeles. I don't live with my parents but I do live with my grandparents while I go to school for engineering. I lived with my dad at 18 but we lost our house due to financial struggles which had led me to my current situation.

It's relatively cozy but there are too many people here for my to be comfortable. My room is above the garage and a short walk away from the house so I have a lot of privacy and it's enormous. I pay $200/m while I'm studying so it's nice. Always homecooked meals and only have to worry about cleaning up after myself.

Right when I graduate, I want to move out. I really can't stand living with people. Too much drama in my own life to have to deal with others. Also, when you live by yourself, things dont magically vanish and your food isnt eaten by a "ghost" every week.

Most of my friends at 23 are also still living with parents. This area is really expensive and it seems that most people don't leave their house unless they graduated with a masters or they are staying in dorms.

Picture or LARP homie

Bruh, 22 turning 23 soon and living with my parents. Literally arguing everyday of my life over pills or cigarettes because my mom doesn't work and has literally been living on school loans to support her shitty lifestyle.

Sister passed away this year so I literally can't leave.

No job

I'm school

Average house is like 750,000 in my area.

I don't want to move to some shitty area with Somalian immigrants

Living the dream in Australia here folks

KingMS becoming more likely as every year goes by desu senpai.

Going to one of the top 3 law schools in my country.
It's extremely expensive to rent an apartment in my city, but I plan on sharing one with a friend of mine after we graduate (she's going to be an engineer)

i'm 22 and have a job
job pays 13.50 an hour
still sharing bedroom with 18 year old brother
feel limited, barely any alone time cause I work 50 hours a week

i should move out but I'm scared guys

i do both

>KingMS

Bro don't do that. I went through the same period. Finished my undergrad at 27. Still post grad left could be 2 - 5 years if I do med.

If I was you. I would learn everything about GEAR. Start taking it - work out religiously. Study a small course or work my ass off long hours on coffee + tren + being motivated as fuck.

You can at the very least rake in 900-1200 just working 1 - 2 jobs. Life is going to suck for a bit.

Keep living costs low, maximise savings. Go from there. Easier said than done but its the initial steps are the hardest. But with no support you're going to be better than 99% of people out there who get shit on a silver platter - one hard ass mofo.

Do this instead of KingMS

Syd bro reporting in.

>britbongs