Adjustable Dumbbells

Anyone have a recommendation for a good set of adjustable weight dumbbells? Looking at picking up some for my home gym. Money isn't a huge issue but I do look good value buys.

Other urls found in this thread:

powerblock.com/prod_homeuse_u90stage3.php
powerblock.com/Elite 90 Set.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Boflex ones are nice

have experience with any specific model? Just curious because i know jack shit about any of them

The Athlean-X blocks go up to 100 lbs I believe and are around 1.2k

Thank you, those look sick

Those are Athlean-X branded PowerBlocks.

I own a set of the Elites and they are worth every penny. If you don't need the extra 35 pounds, they're about half as much for a 5-90 set. powerblock.com/Elite 90 Set.php

Get Olympic dumbbell handles from Amazon for like $40, and then use your 10 and 5 lb plates with them. Get some additional 10s and 5s if you need them.

I have the Bowflex 552 they go up to 52.5 lbs. They are pretty nice but are fairly fragile. If I could do it all over again I'd get the power blocks because you can actually put body weight on them and buy extra weight for them instead of having to buy a whole new set.

> adjustable dumbbells
> not just using barbell for everything
Seriously brah. Even barbell flies are preferable

This.

The bowflex ones were on sale literally 3 days ago. Bad luck bro

olympic dumbbells are great value
avoid ones with spin locks if you can, so fucking annoying having to deal with EIGHT FUCKING LOCKS every time you need to change weight (8 because you have 2 each handle, and have to take them off and put them back on)

people are telling you this this this

i have olympic dumbell handles to go with my power rack and barbell and this is a TERRIBLE idea

ill tell you why

load up more than 10kg and try to do a overhead tricep extension

congratulations you just dropped your weights from above head height

load up the same amount and try to do ANY fucking movement where the dumbbells are vertical

congrats you just cracked your floor/broke your weightplate etc

this is coming from experience, unless you are gonna invest the extra for LOCKJAW collars its not worth it

also its just impractical when you up the weights because 20kg/45lbs weight plates are fucking huge and having two of them on a olympic dumbbell handle make it awkward as shit to get full ROM in basically any movement including benching

so maybe these people have different experiences but from someone who owns this set up i would never ever ever ever recommend it and if i could go back in time would never have bought them in the first place. if i could go back and start again i would either buy a full commercial dumbbell set like you see at a gym (expensive and takes up loads of room) or i would get these:

/rantover

What are clips?

did you mom teach to not read? or was she busy sucking my dick

i said in my post UNLESS you are going to pay extra for lockjaws dont bother

you really think spring collars are gonna hold upwards of 10kg being moved up and down vertically? i know for a FACT they dont ive cracked my floor this way

so eat shit smartass

I have some bowflex ones, the 32kg versions, paid £300 for them. They are annoying, trying to get them on and off of the rack, some times being hard to adjust and rattle loads which can be a bit annoying.

The idea is there, and I'm keeping them, but I'd suggest trying some other ones.

I'm just laughing at you doing tricep extensions bud. 10kg ? U must be a swole fugger eh.

Spring collars are fine for the only exercise you really need to do with dumbells; kroc rows.

That looks like a rheostat, not a dumbbell, wtf

you really are an expert at missing the point
i said any weight ABOVE 10kg the spring collars slide off with the weight
honestly you have adhd or something man, learn to pay attention.

also if you are doing ONLY kroc rows with dumbbells im sure you're swole as fuck man
keep shitposting
stay mad

These are a waste of money. Go on craigslist for a few weeks and find some sap who wasted $2k on a real dumbbell set and is willing to unload it for nothing because his wife is yelling at him to get it out of their garage.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate waking up to all these suggestions

I am leaning towards the powerblocks myself.

Bowflex Selectech Dumbbells.