Saves the subject of history

>saves the subject of history

Propaganda

>Awesome Egyptians

Checks out.

I couldn't get into Horrible Histories, the books or the later TV show, because of the constant "look at all these historical myths! these are the real truths! ohohoho!" but both the books and the show featured plenty of myths and misconceptions

Ah man, these books were great

They pretty much singlehandedly got me into history when I was a kid

That's not Stephen Biesty's cross sections!

They honestly deserve more credit. Reading these as a kid is what got me into history and I know as a matter of fact that I'm not the only one by far

Same lads

Same, my granddad bought me one every other Thursday and I would rush home to get stuck in.

How does he not have an honour yet?

Dubs don't lie.

I still watch the tv show

I'm so conflicted. Tiny details that only autistics care about aside, they're great overviews of a given period in a format that kids understand, especially with the tv series and songs. They can easily be credited with getting tens of thousands of people interested in history.

On the other hand, they're fucking everywhere! Every major museum or historic site in the realm seems to have signed some deal to have the Horrible Histories branding and art style plastered over everything.

Also Terry Deary is a hypocritical cut who complains that museums just tell people what they want to hear. We're apparently supposed to disregard that he built his entire career on telling kids about poo poo wee wee.

Probably because he keeps opening his mouth and stuff about how kids should be shoved up chimneys and down mine shafts in the 21st century comes out.

I think he means in regards to museums or historic sites pandering to a certain perception of history - ie some kind of bias.

Deary is just appealing to the kind of weird shit kids find funny in order to get them interested.

What the fuck is this, are they pushing corpses down the toilet?

One of the "invading a castle" tricks is to go up through the shitter

Anyone got a digital copy to share? Any book would do, I just want my shot of nostalgia.

Rather ingenious fellow isn't he

Boiling all of history to the bits with blood, piss and shit is equally biased though.

Disregard this I was being lazy

the man of war one was pretty wild. To this day have never found that little stowaway cunt on the battle page

Same. Dead Famous were favourites as well.