/owg/ - A thread for the discussion of weightlifting and all things related...

/owg/ - A thread for the discussion of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>no blueshoes edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
yashathoughts.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:

youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_theory
youtube.com/watch?v=mEyoH5FV03s
instagram.com/marsnes/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6M-eXUUXL7w
m.youtube.com/watch?v=j4t-XRwBs9E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what is the power weekend?

Klokov's mock meet. Handful of retired weightlifters come together and compete in non-standard events; front squat, clean and press, thruster, hang snatch, maybe some other stuff, I don't know. It's mostly Klokov self-promoting, and giving the finger to the RWF.

Retired, aka disgraced lifters who got popped and will have to hand back their olympic medals.

my favorite natty american lifter

>tfw clarence could have been a champion

>Drugs are bad, m'kay

The human organism, such as it is, is simply incapable of lifting 225+kg overhead without supplementation. At the level these guys were playing, drugs were a necessary part of their regimen. It's how they recovered from the enormous stress they put their bodies through. They were just unlucky.

>The human organism, such as it is, is simply incapable of lifting 225+kg overhead without supplementation
They wouldn't need to lift that much if it weren't for drugged athletes competing

hardly disgraced
Lifters take what drugs they are told to take. The system failed them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_theory

But really, you were never going to be in the Olympics, please be real. You probably couldn't even place in a box comp.

lol go back to snatching your 80 kg kiddo

Just started lifting(Bench,squat,deadlift,power clean)

Everything is going well except for my power clean which fucking sucks. Is this normal, does it take a while to get the technique right?

I should be good at the power clean, I come from a sprinting background so I should be explosive. Any ideas?

it takes some time to get the form down, so yes, it's normal. it's also good that you start early. don't worry about putting a lot of weight on the bar just yet. I found these videos helpful:
youtube.com/watch?v=mEyoH5FV03s

They're about full cleans, but most of it is still applicable.

I'm not very athletic and I haven't had any coaching so I've never gotten the form down perfectly. However, I've just worked on it for a long time and it does get better, little by little. at this point I think it's decent.

I never mentioned going to the Olympics myself, simply that if juiced lifters didn't compete there would be no reason to meet current standards

And weightlifting would be a far less interesting sport to watch.

Anybody here
L
O
N
D
O
N

?

where is a link to steroid information

That's a stupid argument. By the same logic weightlifting is not interesting now because lifters don't have even better drugs and total over 700 kg.

I'm guessing you don't know any international lifters who have suffered because of drugs cheats

>trappy-chan makes owg
>its literally worse than ever
just a daily reminded than i'm the only thing keeping owg alive, and that trappy-chan is a jealous attention whore who is upset that i'm taking away her precious attention all over Veeky Forums

he's just perfect

>her

Comp on Saturday. Aiming on 225. Snatches have been feeling amazing lately, hoping to get triple digits.

It wasn't an argument, it was a statement. Please go back to school, and pay better attention.

How about you name one.

Then your statement is incorrect fuck retarded

Why do people still watch weightlifting when people 20 yrs ago totaled more

Btw I'm not against drugs cause I use them too

I'm against retards who think they know shit but can't even snatch 20kg lmao

>people 20 yrs ago totaled more

Lasha Talakhadze, who took gold in the superheavyweight class these past games, went 273 total. The 1988 superheavyweight champion, Alexander Kurlovich, totaled 462.

If you're having trouble, 473>462

>one weightclass decides everything

Good one

U r mentally retarded

What are his best lifts?

I'm definitely not a Brazilian shemale, but sure. It's definitely not some Canadian autist keeping owg alive, more people like comissar, durkz, and even that oly twink kid who can lift semi respectable weights, not some fat faggot like you.

looking for this pdf

A Program of Multi - Year Training in Weightlifting, A.S. Medvedyev

Can anyone share pls

It's one of the only classes that is the same for both games. The 56kg champion in 2016 also hit a higher total than his counterpart.

Feel free to go through and compare Sinclair scores between everyone. You'll find the newer crop matching or surpassing the older at almost every level.

Taraneko still has the all time highest total, right?

Sinclair is based on the current Olympic cycle of course it would match but you can't deny that they were lifting heavier

I am here too don't forget me I'm stronger then all u fat fucks and weak retards

Crossfit has infiltrated chinamen they had Greg glassman at one of the training centers in China and he had one athlete do a crossfit workout

All those poor university aged lifters losing their gains to CrossFit.

Name one? Literally every lifter who had funding cut for not placing high enough could've potentially suffered. I suck at lifting but at the gym I train at there's several international lifters and they could potentially miss out on four years worth of funding because of someone cheating

Sinclair isnt relevant retrospectively

I'm going to Takano Weightlifting in LA later tonight. Anyone been there before?

Didn't he died?

But they're taking drugs, too??????

No. Plenty of b and c group lifters are clean

Caladan has. Page him.

Seems like they're content with relative mediocrity, then. They should be so lucky to get paid for their favorite hobby.

You're a fucking retard who doesn't know shit about this sport except what you see on reddit

No you are the fucking retard, I've trained with a lot of b level lifters and none of them are as delusional as you and your friends who think they should be paid for not doing what it takes to get that medal

That's all anyone cares about except for weak bitches who think you gotta be clean for it to count lmao

commie barely posts and he's beened banned for the last month or so

durkz posts youtube links every once and a while and nobody even replies

ive seen oly boi post like 3 times all month

just face it. blueshoes gets more replies in a month than you have in your entire life posting here, and he keeps this place interesting and alive, even if it brings down the quality of the place a bit, he gets more people with actual qaulity content posting.

@commisar

How much did your gym cost in total?

50 pesos

You don't know shit you faggot you've probably lifted with b group AO lifters you don't even lift so how can you know shit about b group Olympic team members

Stupid faggot

my friends r stronger then urs lol

and im stronger then all u combined u dont no me :DD

Great, /owg/ has turned into a place where the rest of Veeky Forums can laugh at a retard. awesome. I'm definitely not jealous of that.

even if /owg/ turned into a blueshoes cesspool, it will never be as laughable as the rest of Veeky Forums

trappy please go and stay go.

Anybody who thinks blueshoes is ruining /owg/ is trappy? lmao. I hated trappy as well, a tranny with no lifting experience aside from watching Klokov YouTube videos shouldn't be giving out advice on the technicalities of weightlifting. Likewise, I don't like seeing retards attempt to lift weights and upload pictures of their assholes to /owg/.

ye nice facility but a lot of the lifters there are pretty crap

Bob is a good guy though

what are deliuge best lifts?

Not exactly related to the thread, but you faggots are the only ones on Veeky Forums who actually lift.

I'm tired of doing basic 3x5 work (currently doing GSLP). In addition, I do a lot of sandbag and kettlebell conditioning, calisthenics, as well as a lot of running. The past month or so my body has just felt rough, even after I took one deload week, came back feeling still like shit, then took another week off entirely.
I want to keep lifting to increase my overall max strength, but running and the conditioning are priorities for me.

So my question is, instead of doing standard 3x5 work, can I just kinda wing it from workout to workout by continuously adding weight to the bar until I get up to a comfortably heavy set of 2,3, or 5 reps?
I think that would take care of my "intensity" work and still leave my body with enough fuel for the conditioning/"volume" work. Or is this an inefficient method of training?

Don't know if it matters, but I'm essentially still a novice lifter. Started off on SS a few couple years ago, ended up hurting my knee at 285x3x5 squat. Quit lifting for a while, got into calisthenics and running, started a manual labor job. Haven't been serious about lifting for close to 2 years now, trying to get back into it.
Worked up to a 225x3 squat today.

russia has a qt. too bad she won't be qt for very long if she keeps lifting for russia

autoregulation is kinda dumb for beginner lifters because you don't know your limits and are still kinda weak

I would suggest maybe something more like 5/3/1 which is easy enough and you can chop and change assistance lifts to do as much volume as you want. There's even a bare bones variation where you just do the primary lift and go home, which might be ok if calisthenics takes care of the bodybuilding (e.g. upper back and triceps)

holy mother of lordosis at the guy in the back

m..mmoar?

185 kg snatch
220 kg clean and jerk

instagram.com/marsnes/
damn..

Is she natural?

You wish

Is the 'yoga for weightlifters' youtube video decent? I stretch and do some loaded work (stretches and positions with bar etc) but could do with a set routine for home a couple times a week to help open me up from training and work

Don't really wanna pay for rom wod doesn't look worth it desu

Thx

i've done it a few times, and for me it's always just broken down into my own stretching routine, it is good and covers all the areas but for me, for example, i tend to just end up focusing on side and front/back splits, quad massage and hanging upside down with my gravity boots. its a good stepping stone to establish your problem areas and then target them with a more focused routine basically

she seems to be very strong for her small frame, but doesn't look juiced up (yet?). I'm mirin

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6M-eXUUXL7w

m.youtube.com/watch?v=j4t-XRwBs9E

pls critique, what am I not doing right?

Your back seems a little curved in the start position, push your chest out more in the starting position. The jerk is a little bit too narrow, stretch your legs out more. Ideally you want your front leg to be perpendicular to the ground.

It'll be a damn shame once she gets as roided up as Marina Shainova.

aside from the curved upper back the biggest form issue i see is you could be getting a little more extension before your feet leave the ground, so you're losing a good amount of power from there.

Also you could be prolonging the explosion a little bit more, it seems like you're cutting off the pull from the ground short

>a little curved

Your whole back is extremely rounded. Lower your hips a bit and stretch your chest up as high as you can. Slow down from the start, make sure you're hitting your positions correctly. On explosion, extend your whole body--first legs, then shrug shoulders, then pull with arms. You're cutting it way short. Actively bring the bar to your shoulders, don't let it crash on you.

Jerk seems okay, timing was good, but your knees are a bit forward. Send your butt back a little. Keep your core and back tight. Your lats should be taut in the rack position.

Has anyone considered having separate clean and jerk days when not in meet prep? It seems pretty cozy. You get to give both lifts the focus they need, some specialized assistance work/extra volume, then you can put it together on a third day when you do your heavy snatches and clean and jerks.

Why is his name on the weightplates?

Because they're HIS. YESS BLYAT.

>get my new romaleos in the mail
>they're a size fucking 4
>look back at confirmation email and realize i fucked up the size somehow
>no returns

What do brehs

Guess it's time to make a baby, and groom said child into a weightlifter, eventually they'll need size 4 shoes.

I'm doing SS. According to Rip I shouldn't move my elbows yet I've seenany videos of oly where they move their elbows. What should I do?

Also, having no bumper is a pain in the ass.

Shouldn't move your elbows in the clean? Also look up Rippetoe's video "the iron plate problem".

I'm talking about power cleans.

Yeah. Some oly athletes, specially chinese, do a "pull" movement with their arms. Is that just some ancient chinese technique?

Well most people don't know how to fire their muscles like they should to triple extend. If you ask them to "pull longer and get taller" they will do that but it will not be powerful because they don't still know how to do it powerfully.

When you learn to triple extend powerfully, you will extend entirely without actively trying to do so. If you try to do it too long, you miss time getting under the bar. Ideally you fuse secon and third pull together - one powerful triple extension and immeadiately / at the same time get under it.

My coach fixed the same issue for me. He just made me triple extend more aggressively every time (which is something that is pretty hard to understand in the first months.). He never tells anyone to "pull longer" because its as important / more important to not lose time getting under the bar (which is why the triple extension should be fast)

I'll try using the chest up cue and practice my jerk, thanks.

So you suggest I make contact with the bar closer to my hips? I'll try it tomorrow.

I tried to start in a static position, but my hamstrings get stretched enough to cause discomfort and I can't keep my heels on the floor, hence the moving start.

U don't no wat u talmbout and ur coach is retarded like u

He wanted to C&J 600lbs (272kg) on some commercial competitions for money, but while looking for it and trying to make arragements he lost his peak form and gave up on it.

what? your elbows move when you shrug the bar at the top of the pull, they should not retract at all though

You can't physically not bend your arms in the clean. Once the bar brushes the thighs, they *have* to bend. It's early arm bend you should worry about, which is a separate issue.

he's talmbout chinese high pull fuck retard

>Is that just some ancient chinese technique?

yeah doctors hate them, click the link below for 10 chinese secrets that will give you 11 pack abs for winter!

Contact them and explain the mistake.

>He never tells anyone to "pull longer" because its as important / more important to not lose time getting under the bar

This is stupid. If someone isn't finishing their pull you make them finish their pull. If you keep telling them to 'get under fast holy shit it's son important' they're going to cut their pull short and rush under, every time.

No he's saying Rip says there should be no arm bend in the power clean in his earlier post. Learn to read, you fucking Mongoloid.

Another way to think of it is that by pulling longer you're giving yourself more time to get under the bar. Additionally, it cues the activation of all of the requisite musculature: not just the legs/hips, but the shoulders/traps and arms. All need to be working, and when they do the whole system is stronger, brings the bar higher, and will be more stable in the catch. Without the arms actively pulling the bar to the shoulder, you get bar crashing, like in that guy's video. So by cueing a longer, complete pull there will be multiple errors corrected simultaneously.

Sprained my ankle at a party on saturday, how long should i wait before getting back to training?

i was gona write a srious blog post but fuck yoi heres am 80kg poeer clean, this was after 2 doubles and a double with a failed second rep. this eas my last poeer clesm today

did 100 x 8, 110 x 8, 120 x 8 pulls too. 0.75 inch heels, clean grip (pinky on ring), back rounding was permitted yes.n o hitching though. a bit of a rest betweem reps.

Are you in the same gym of Alan Thrall?

alan is in usa. blueshoes is in canada

best budget barbell?