Veeky Forums memes you fell for

Veeky Forums memes you fell for

>You only need to go to the gym 3 days a week, anything more is only good for roiders
>Don't do curls
>OHP is enough for delts
>You HAVE to squat and deadlift
>Deadlifts are good for hypertrophy

Are deadlifts the biggest meme lift ever?

I think so.

Fedora types on Veeky Forums and /r/fitness act like you aren't a real man unless you deadlift and that they will add an inch to your dick and raise test levels by 50%

>starting strength
Not even once

>If you do this you're going to be fat but strooooong
>hey mark why do I need to be strooong?
>w-what
>what's the point of being stroooong, we don't live in the middle ages, I just want to look fine
>y-you too

>do 15-25 reps split across 3-5 sets with rest times up to five minutes after every set
>"Why am I not making gains?!"

But what if I can't go more than 3-4 times a week? A full body routine would be best for me, so go fuck yourself you fucking NEET not all of us have jack shit to do in our lives so we can't be in the gym for 2 hour 7 days a week.

Let's go the gym bro, let's go for a big pump bro.
Like, let's do a bicep/tricep superset bro.
And after that, like do chest bro. Bench press bro. But don't touch your chest bro and don't lock out, you gotta keep tension bro. And like hit all different angles bro. Incline decline flat. And flies in every angle too bro. 8-12 reps bro, gotta build muscle bro.
And finish with an ab circuit. Dude, we're gonna get ripped bro.

Strong People are harder to kill, and more useful in general

>you fucking NEET

Lmao I work full time and would still find it easy to go to the gym every day if I wanted

I know we are memeing but it takes years of training to look asthetic anyways

So the idea why we recommend SS is so people can get strong. Once they are strong, they can begin cutting and training for aesthetics, using their strength to train in 12 rep scheme sets for size and muscle volume

Big weight+12 rep=u look gud

Yeah, I love that response

>harder to kill

Where the fuck does he think we live? Mogadishu?

>and more useful in general

As if the usefulness of strength isn't basically over once you're able to squat your bodyweight on a bar.

Is there anything that isn't a meme? Or is everything a meme now?

Try studying every day from 8 am till 6 pm and then go to work from 7 till 11.

Except you can train for aesthetics immediately and you're going to look better at every single point in your training than if you do startingmeme.

It's just these weak curlcucks try and make themselves feel better

Reminder that THIS is considered perfection on SS

will brooks sucks

Aesthetics = low bodyfat%

It's as simple as that. Even if you have very little muscle (i.e. the amount you build by running and doing pushups, pullups and situps), you will look "aesthetic" to the average person.

tfw no 300kg deadlift.

But seriously isley if isley cut down and did some body building work he would be a look amazing.

But 400 wilks isley is still my favourite isley

what's the point of this picture OP? in second one he looks like he is on bulk

>Bulking=getting obese

lmao

Oh yeah I'm going to add "bulking and cutting" to Veeky Forums memes.

Yo-yoing is utterly retarded and you should just eat a small amount over maintenance

It's not only harder to kill in a war or a fight. It's also valid for accidents and old age. How many old people die because they fall and are too weak to get back up. Muscle also creates a protective layer over your bones and inner organs.

And the usefulness of strength goes beyond "squat bodyweight on a bar". Yes, the meme of getting pinned under something that weighs exactly 100kg so that you can perfectly bench press it off your chest, or deadlifting up something that's exactly 180kg is bullshit.
But even if you will never have to lift/press/squat "in real life" something as heavy as you might in the gym, it's still useful to be stronger. When you can deadlift 180kg in a gym environment, lifting something that weighs 100kg outside the gym, in less than ideal circumstances (i.e. difficult to hold onto, unbalanced, whatever) is going to be easy.
That's pretty much the point of strength training. You try to lift as much weight as possible in "perfect" conditions with perfect form, so that you can lift a bit less than that in different conditions with non-ideal form.

From a usefulness point of view, training for strength is far better than training for "aesthetics".

Another thing is epigenetics. If you (and your partner) are fit/strong/healthy when you conceive and carry a child, it will have an effect on the childs health as well.

maybe we should add 'going to the gym' as a Veeky Forums meme too

or how about 'eating clean'

or 'having a workout routine'

this thread is retarded
6/10 you got some replies

>Another thing is epigenetics. If you (and your partner) are fit/strong/healthy when you conceive and carry a child, it will have an effect on the childs health as well.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lamarck pls go

This is true. Skinny skellies are cute to grills

explain how that is not true

The problem is that unless you are down the beach nobody can tell

>tfw could never deadlift because back injury from when i was 14

i'll never be good enough

what to do instead of SS?

explain how it's true

So the child of two olympic athletes will be just as healthy as the child of their twin siblings who are two obese chain smokers?

Why does the right pic make me uncomfortable?

I don't think that's linked to epigenetics though lmao

If you're a complete noob, do SS for a couple of months and then reassess your situation.

I don't know that stuff in detail and am not a geneticist, but that's the term I've seen used to describe what I'm talking about.

>OHP is enough for delts
g...guys?

no, lateral raises are also needed.

dude could benefit from a beard

This is considered perfection on SS because his lean mass increase was measured and totalled something like 20kg over 5 months.

Only if you have narrow shoulder. If your shoulders are above average and your waist is narrow-ish, you can appear fit in most clothing regardless of your size.

>STARTING strength
GEE I WONDER WHY

if you want to look like a massive faggot maybe.

But I fell for the starting strength meme, and I slay hot Russian and Dutch Girls here in Holland. Mostly because I look big, my bf is like 13 to 15% Iam not sure. And I am like 1,86m high. It helped me massively to not look like mr. skeletal

Your Boyfriend is 13?
Get help man you are sick

I know. I agree with you. But what most faggots on Veeky Forums call "aesthetics" is easiest to achieve just by lowering bodyfat.

fucking holland giant kanker hoer

Lol

I think they are overrated but definitely good for posterior chain, traps and forearm developement which makes them worthwhile for me.

>From a usefulness point of view, training for strength is far better than training for "aesthetics".

I've got nothing against training for strength if that's your hobby. You want to get stronger then good for you, but it's definitely not more "useful" than training for aesthetics. Aside from the fact that you'll still get stronger in training for aesthetics, you get to use the product of your training every moment of every day. Aesthetics don't just come in handy every once in a while, the confidence and overall improvement to your appearance is used in every encounter with another person.

being big and strong is definitely a big confidence booster as well. And being big but slightly fatter is definitely better than being lean and small, because the "aesthetics" of being lean really only show when you're naked or wearing very tight t-shirts or tanktops. Whereas a bigger dude will look better even when wearing more clothing.

>it's impossible to target the upper/inner chest
>cut and bulk at the same time - turn the fat into muscle, bro
what I think happens when you cycle around the same weight is that you put on muscle and then lose most again before your next pump. Maybe a little fat is lost from your thighs but not worth the effort to only be slightly stronger/bigger.

>no need for abwork/forearm iso if you do compound lifts
>it's dangerous to do any neck work
>not fixing posture first and foremost to make your form most effective for chest.
>you can't make your biceps longer
>you can't make your outer triceps pop

That dude can't grow one :(

yes yes son, go to the gym 6 days a week and do 3x12 skullcrushers, tricep kickbacks and various other terrible isolations. That's the way to get swole.

>giving a shit about other people's opinions concerning your body image

have you tried LEARNING how? oh wait

He's right - some tags on the DNA are still there in the offspring.

Having healthier parents means you don't get fucked, because having parents who have bad habits - i.e smoking - can put you at a higher risk of cancer as some parts of DNA are expressed more, which in this case is negative.

Also, the child of two Olympians would have superior mitochondrion and thus energy production, and thus HIGHER LIFTS.

>1,86m high

Why am I not surprised you're from Holland

>the methylation meme

>>Don't do curls
>>OHP is enough for delts
>>You HAVE to squat and deadlift

i never heard these before, my sides

Low bf king of aesthetics coming through!

Pretty much. They act like a cheap, cover if you will, for the back, hamstrings and forearms fir people too lazy to put in the effort for those. If you're training for strength, especially athletics, they're pretty important, but unnecessary for bodybuilding.

6'1" is pretty much manlet in Holland.

I'm 6'4" and was getting clowned on a bus by a bunch of high schoolers who were several inches taller than me. Kind of blew my mind.

YA NEBER LERN MAHN
GET OUT-TEWTALD ISLEY

This was literally me for 4 years of lifting

for aesthetics they're pointless. its good if you wanna be 'strong', but they dont train any of the good looking muscles (biceps, chest, abs). they do it hit traps a little bit tho.

8 hour arm workout

if the father is obese while making the baby ( :^) ) the kid will have a way higher risk of being a fat fuck

proven

as other anons said, they arent going to give you anything remarkable in the aesthetics department besides glutes as hard as solid steel.

they will make you strong as fuck and give you an overall strength compared to nothing else.
they will increase your test because of the superior muscle and cns activation, much like squats.
they will make you very explosive if you do them correctly.
they are fun as fuck and you can lift heavy ass weights

Rest days

>Aesthetics = low bodyfat%

thats not what aesthetics are at all

do you have before and after pix

Newfag?

Do SS for a few months to get your muscle built up, then hop on a routine you enjoy that pushes you.
This isn't hard

>methylation and demethylation is a meme
>acetylation and deacetylation is a meme

I've seen the "curls are for fags" thing a lot. A lot of new lifters are tricked into not doing any arm specific work, under the impression that pull-ups and rows will make their biceps huge, and they'll get huge triceps from bench and OHP. This is clearly retarded. Yeah, you'll get some growth, but if you want impressive arms, just add 4x8 curls and pressdowns super setted twice a week or some shit. There is literally no reason to not train your arms.

I fell for the meme and got to a 115 lb weighted pull-up, 225 5x5 pendlay rows, 270 bench, 170 OHP, 90 lb 5x5 dips. After introducing curl variations and pressdowns, my arms are much better looking and stronger. Go find the cunts with the biggest arms in any gym. Not a single one of those fuckers does only chins and dips or whatever faggot shit morons on Veeky Forums try to peddle.

Just train your arms ffs.

5' 11" is average for Dutch men.

we don't really have a good handle on what the implications of epigenetic markers are yet, claiming that lifting is going to have a noticeable effect on your kid is no better than a guess

>he unironically neglected curls because of blatant sarcasm/memes

How do you dress yourself in the morning?

PS: If you want to get asthetic, excercise triceps way more than bis

You don't study 8-6 you cuck, you're finding the time to shitpost now you have the time to go to the gym. My coworker used to have to go to the gym on his lunches pulling doubles. Stop making excuses and make it faggot, I'll be waiting for you.

3 days a week is recommended if you're doing compound exercises like;squat, bench or deadlift. It's not deadlifts that are bad for hypertrophy, it's the amount of reps you're doing. OHP and bench is plenty for delts if you do them at a real big boy weight.

as a polak living in netherlands

this is not true
im 187cm and dutch fucks are as tall as me or taller
and im not tallking about turks identyfing themselves as dutch people

No, you're wrong. The figures vary from study to study, but they all say Dutch men are 5'11 to 6'0 on average. You're probably just a manlet that is confused about his height.

excellent post

are you sure you arent projecting ?

SS + some accessories (chin ups, dips, lateral raises), or Veeky Forums's Greyskull LP routine for your first 4-5 months. Then pick an intermediate routine.

Nah, I'm 5' 11". I've accepted my fate as an average faggot. That bun cannot be undone. But Dutch cunts aren't 6' 6" on average or whatever it is retards on the internet try to claim. If you are """"6 foot 3 inches"""" and everybody in the Netherlands is taller than you, then you're probably not actually 6' 3".

>intermediate routine
Is there a reason why something like GS cant be adapted into one? Full body can still be used for hypertrophy right? Just up your rep ranges and vary exercises

kanker homoo

Either have double sessions or accept the fact that your current situation allows you to train only 3-4 per week. FYI, if I were in your situation I wouldn't be going more than 3 times.

>but unnecessary for bodybuilding
Nigger the only thing necessary for bodybuilding is copious amounts of bathtub brewed hormones. Or are you one of those retards on Jay Cutler and Jeffy Seid's page defending them as natural lifters.

>Strong people are harder to kill
Not since the invention of gunpowder.
>More useful in general
The ability to run 5+ miles easily is objectively more useful than a heavy squat.

>double sessions
>those digits

Nice i have the same thing except for being 11 cm taller.
Make the netherlands great again

As the polish guy said. Thats because of the 2nd generation of turks living here telling themselfs they are dutch too because they were born here. If i happened to be born in a stable i would be a horse. Sure glad that didnt happen

They're good for being strong but not much else.

ITT: Weakass curlbro dyels giving advice to begginers.

This is why no one should listen.to anything posted on Veeky Forums unless you know who it came from.

this isn't the same thing. Your child will be the same whether you lift or not. Michael Phelps child would be the same even if he never took up swimming. That's the difference between genetic and acquired traits. Stop spewing bullshit under the justification of "well it makes sense to me!"

for hypertrophy you can get along without them (or squats, for that matter - or any other exercise really)

for hypertrophy you would be fine to not deadlift at all, or do variants of deadlift like SLDL or RDL (this is very common in bb oriented routines)

for strength you should definitely deadlift, nothing else really rivals the stress of lifting a big weight from the floor

that's retarded

biceps can handle a lot of volume and frequency, you should be training them often and hard

unless you want to have shitty biceps and overpower them with your triceps because it's "aesthetic" which is also retarded

>this looks bad

Sure thing m8 so unaesthetic right?

triceps are a bigger muscle group, this does not mean you should train them harder than biceps

why not just train both appropriately and get maximum development in both, you flaming faggot?

>natty

Because I want my triceps to overpower my biceps

Duh

Thing is I'm at a point where I can and do and should be focusing on specific muscle groups and my personal vision of ideal asthetics, where you are so DYEL you can't relate, get every muscle maximally devolveped because they are all so small

If you tren hard and eat clen in a few years you will be in the same perdicement as me and realize what an idiot you are being now