Is PPL legit?

Is PPL legit? Have any of you tried it and got results? I'm currently doing it but im afraid it's a meme for two reasons:

1- Its creator is fairly new to the lifting scene [ 3 years of lifting ]

2- On the push day, not only you get bench press + OHP at the same time, but also one is 5x5 and the other 3x12, then the next two days you reverse them, isn't that too much? I'm afraid I can't keep up with this.

What do you bruhs think? Should I stick to the good ole SL/SS ? Also another thing that sets me off about this program is it has too much isolation and machines involved.

I've been on it for 6 months now and I've got some pretty decent gains. The volume is a bit much at first but after a couple of weeks you get used to it.

The iso and machine work is only for accessories so I don't think they're a deal breaker.

how about you stick to the fucking program for atleast 3 month first

could you post a progress pictures please?

I'm not saying " wah i didnt get any gainz this program sucks!!!" I'm asking which is better, PPL or SL/SS? and is it sustainable at higher lifting numbers?

How long is a regular PPL training session?

45 minutes to an hour and half at heavy weights

Did ppl for a while until I started modifying it to my needs. Was a great program in my opinion.
Real talk, tho: consistent work over time is the key to gains, not necessarily a particular program.

Ive been using coolcicadas PPL for a few months now, its been good to me, only concern is shoulders; is {5x5 strict press and 4x8-12 lateral raises}x2 a week enough volume for them? Ive stalled on OHP at a fairly low weight (50kg/110lb)

I've been doing it for three weeks and I can confirm it works wonders. I basically look like Zyzz now but much, much better and not dead.

I'd upload a photo but honestly why would you deserve it you dyel pleb

It's creator is new to lifting?

Dumbass my dad was doing ppl in the fucking 70s

Done a PPL for about three months, gained about 12-14lbs.

Lifts have gone up a bit.

Started on a linear strength routine then quit lifting and restarted with the PPL.

i've been doing it for 2 weeks and i've made gains i never could make prior but that isn't saying a whole lot because i'm a DYEL skinnyfat

looks the exact same
hard nipples never fooled anyone

source please?

Push

Bench
OHP
Incline dumbell bench
Tricep extensions
Lateral raises

Pull

rows
T bar rows
Chinups
Barbell curls
Hammer curls

Legs

Front squats
Hack squats
Leg extensions
RDLs
Calf raises

I do it and have had good success that I haven't changed the routine in a good while. What I have done due to stalling out on straight linear progression is breaking the segments into a heavy week and a hypertrophy week.

So PxPxPxPxL (heavy) then PxPxPxPxL (hypertrophy)

Doing it this way for me I have been able to keep making linear progression while also having a semi deload. I've gotten stronger and aesthetics.

>looks the exact same

I'm starting to think natty lifting is a waste of time

Excuse me, but why bulk when ur already a fat shit? Get down to

I've more or less ran it up to 290/415/500, though this involved getting creative with the volume and occasionally combining days. I'm 181 lbs.

It fine for a novice/early-intermediate routine IMO. But its kind if a pain in the ass to transition into a non-linear one. There's something about 3-days that makes it difficult to divide up in a usual alternating-volume manner. It's hard to explain until you actually try it.

Isnt the point of ppl that you train every muscle group twice a week? That means only 1 rest day? That is how I have done it, but I noticed something interesting a couple of weeks ago. I used to do the routine 6 times a week with only 1 rest day, and I was stalling on most of my lifts, I then had to take a week off because of exams and then suddenly when I started again my lifts all went up... Did you have the same experience and was that why you canged to working out every other day?

its a super meme

i switched to it after SL and what i was given by my trainer to help with imbalances. and durring PPL i made close to no progress.

so i hopped on gear and went back to SL and am making good progress with my numbers.

>1- Its creator is fairly new to the lifting scene [ 3 years of lifting ]
PPL has been around forever. it's not a routine, it's a way to split the exercises, like upper/lower. you seem to be talking about one specific implementation of PPL, but we have no idea which one it is

I'm sure it was the program and not the fucking steroids that helped with the progress you fucking nitwit

all of the beforehand was natty, im doing SL(+accessories) on roids because doing OHP and Bench on the same day is dumb.

What the fuck do you mean "its creator"?

PPL is a style of training not something some single person made up one day.

>Tfw don't have 9 days a week

how da fuck do I do this. explain to a idiot how this program days work

Wrong. I invented PPL

AMA, I'll be in the thread for an hour or so before I have to go to work

Checked, also a deload is a pretty standard way to combat stalling.
Take a few days either off or going light and get your rest in while cramming your maw with food. Stress can have an impact as well, the anxiety of your exams may have played a part in it.

Rate my PPLPPLX?

Push 1:
Bench 5x5
DB Bench 3x6-8
Weighted Dips 3x8
Single arm jammer 3x8-10
Skullcrushers 3x8-10
Cable fly 3x10

Pull 1:
Deadlift 1x5(working set)
Weighted pullup 3x5
T bar row 3x8
Shrugs 3x10
Barbell curls 3x10
Forearm work 3x10

Legs 1+2:
Squat 5x5
Barbell hip thrusts 3x10
Leg press 3x10
Calf raises 3xF

Push 2:
OHP 5x5
Incline DB Press 3x6-8
Close grip barbell press 3x10
Weighted dips 3x8-10
Lat side raises 3x10
Cable pulldowns 3x10

Pull 2:
Pendlay rows 5x5
Weighted chinups 3x5
Kroc row 3x6-8
Machine row 3x10
Hammer curl 3x10
Conc. Curl 3x10
Forearm work 3x10

1 set of ab work every other day

Do you always steal credit for things you haven't done?

Because being a Skelton isn't fun and it's winter m8

>How could it not be legit.
> If you're asking if it's the best possibly split, then obviously nobody on this board has that answer. It's more of finding what fits your goals,genetics,diet, etc.
>Yes push-pull-legs is by far one of the oldest linear splits.
>It may overwork anterior delts just a bit. I feel like chest-triceps- and front delts all in 1 day is a bit heavy on the shoulders so I usually do chest-triceps/ biceps-delts (front and back)/ Legs

>tricep extensions
>no tricep push downs
>chin ups
>no wide grip pull-ups
>leg extensions
>not leg curls
>no leg press

ok bro you sound pretty knowledgeable

Pls respond

me too, dude, but i'll stick to it anyway because i like lifting