Shoulders

what exercises do you guys do for delts

I currently only do OHP and lateral raises. Should I add something or is that enough? Doing greyskull

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iUlOM2Kigpw?t=104
youtube.com/watch?v=Yo7S6WrvuPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zpUTA5i16kA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gainesville,_Virginia
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Standing OHP for my heavy sets.
Seated behind the neck press for 3x8-12 for more overall delt work.
One arm dumbell push-press (circus press) with big weights for AMRAP. Some days I'll use a weight I can do 10 reps with, some times I'll use a weight I can only do 2 or 3 with.
Lateral raises (properly, straight arms, no head bobbing fag raises)

>He only works the medial deltoid

LEL

you shouldnt add more volume on greyskull, but try out dbpresses only down to 90° elbow for lateral delts, instead of raises

>Seated behind the neck press for 3x8-12 for more overall delt work.

You know how i know no one should listen to you?

No, how.

thanks

whats the difference? I feel like I'm not working my delts very hard since lateral raises are pretty light, I only feel the burn on the last few reps each set

Because you heard some DYEL saying behind the neck work is dangerous and you now think you know things?

I guarantee I look better and lift more than you.

Use the hammer strength machine for a seated military press to finish. Or smith machine.

I do cable flys to hit my rear delts and fill out my shoulders. Barbell shrugs will hit your taps hard obviously but they'll hit your delts medial delt in particular as well.

Behind the neck press is fine if you use weights for higher reps like he said.

Obviously doing heavy low reps behind the neck is risky.

Narrow grip bench.

Maybe you do, but purposely putting one of your weakest muscle groups in its most vulnerable position is fucking retarded. there is no benefit to behind the neck work for anything whether it be shoulder presses or BTN lat pulldowns. Youll thank me when youre 50 you fucking shithead. everyone who lifts heavy reaches a breaking point with their shoulders and youll be down that road sooner than later.

Rear debts? I usually do face pulls as a finisher after hitting heavier shoulder exercises.

High reps and don't go below the top of your neck

There, BTN press is safe to do

I thought the answer was, that, in case of failure, you can't bail out?

>falling for the "behind the neck presses are a meme" meme

>there is no benefit to behind the neck work for anything
Wrong.

You sound like every other newb who thinks they know everything about training.
BTN work is not dangerous if you keep the ROM sensible and don't use stupid weights.

The ROM that pressing gives to the delts is larger than that of lateral raises, and behind the neck press lets you use the middle delt more.
To aim for the same ROM with lateral raises is more dangerous than BTN pressing ever will be.

Raises are better for Hypertrophy then Presses, I've found. That said, you should be repping somewhere in the 80kg~ ohp range.

Lateral Raises you should be able to raise 16-20 without too much cheating, I always do them with a lean because the bottom portion is all rotator cuff rather than Lateral delt. Jeff's Lateral delt science explained video cites a lot of studies and is a generally great source of info.

Lastly, rear delts, oft neglected, essential for shoulder girdle health and making your delts pop from the front and sides even more. Seth feroce's rear delts explained vid is great because people involve too much Traps in their raises. Same with face pulls all tension should be on the delt.

I like threads like these better than manlet/r9k wankery

Only been training a year, delts are my focal point atm.

Face pulls and seated rear Delt raises for me.

This, i enjoy finishing with light btn presses with 10-12 reps

You guys are so fucking retarded its painful.

>single arm dumbbell row
Hits that posterior delt
>OHP and lateral raises
all three delt heads, mostly medial
>bench press - close grip (be safe dumbass)
hits anterior delt, try engaging less chest and more anterior delt

What I do for shoulders. If anyone has some more posterior delt exercises that aren't retarded meme garbage like behind the neck presses, suggestions would be nice.

>I was just trolling guys!

No i wasnt trolling. Enjoy snap city. Ill be in gainsville

Seated Rear Delt raises are a great finisher, such a subtle movement if you do it right though.

Continuing on, Imo, these are all must watch vids to ensure you're using your delts in the right range of motion.

Jeff Nippard: Lateral Raises Science Explained - youtu.be/iUlOM2Kigpw?t=104

Seth Feroce: Rear Delts - youtube.com/watch?v=Yo7S6WrvuPQ

Seth Feroce: Lateral Delts - youtube.com/watch?v=zpUTA5i16kA

These are the best videos explaining the delts i've found to date.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gainesville,_Virginia

I'll see you there friend.

I've been BTN pressing without issue for several years because I don't train like a retard.

You're the retard if you actually believe BTN pressing as a movement is inherently dangerous.

how should someone doing a linear progression program like greyskull or SS, where they tell you not to add too many exercises, incorporate all these exercises I'm seeing?

I really want to focus on shoulders to give me a nice v taper, but I still think I'm on my linear progression so I don't want to waste that either

When I warm up for DL I usually end sets with shrugs, kinda helps I think

>He thinks there's a muscle called medial deltoid

lel that last guy roids a bit

They both roid and Seth has said he roids, he's an IFBB pro ofc he does.

Doesn't detract from the information at all

You can add things to GSLP - pic related

Face pulls and/or rear delt raises for rear delts.

How much total volume per week are you doing for shoulders?

a-are you saying I can do pushups and pullups on rest days?

really????