Muscle size =/= strength

Muscle size =/= strength

How do we gain muscle size without strength gains?

I saw this little guy at the gym benching almost twice as much as my limit. If you didn't know us and were trying to guess which guy was stronger, you would pick me because I'm taller and have bigger muscles. I couldn't believe how much weight this little asian guy was putting up, it was unreal. So where did I go wrong in training? Dude barely looked like he lifted, had barely any bulk, and was benching almost 3 plates for multiple reps

Other urls found in this thread:

defrancostraining.com/why-all-muscle-was-not-created-equal/
bodybuilding.com/fun/the-westside-method-get-legit-strong-and-jacked-as-hell.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Types of twitch fibers.

this is memed up and accounts for at most a 10% difference.

mostly neurological bro. just have to train for strength. you will be able to lift more than him if you train as long as he did.

If less than 3 pl8 are almost double your max you are also dyel af

what a perfect belly

Some people have bodies that help them a lot when it comes to lifting weights.
Secondly he's lived a life where he's more then likely had to overcome resistance a lot
Thirdly he's got more experience and experience isn't just knowledge, it's the physical growth and body wisdom that comes along with lots of thoughtful and thoughtless practice and actions.

And more of her, I've been eating at maintenance lately and I seem to be in a rape and impregnate mood.

>Muscle size =/= strength

They aren't COMPLETELY exclusive brah.

Smaller guy probably has better leverages.
Taller guys tend to be disadvantaged when it comes to bench.

Strength is a skill

All of the above, plus sarcoplasm:
defrancostraining.com/why-all-muscle-was-not-created-equal/

Say you're 6'5, and have 54 inches to travel for a full bench, while someone who is 5'7 has 38 inches to travel for a bench. That's a 30% increase in work load due to force for the 6'5 one. Now factor in proper diet and macros in regard to TDEE, and you're looking at an additional 20% requirement in macros in comparison to the smaller one. Don't let it get to you just keep going all you can do.

holy shit all this talk and no actual advice
training for strength without hyperthropy means very low reps, with a big rest between reps. It's the most boring and annoying type of workout, but it gets results.
welcome to the world of powerlifting
bodybuilding.com/fun/the-westside-method-get-legit-strong-and-jacked-as-hell.html

Thanks guys, I'm just wondering how I should change my training to get more strength instead of muscle growth. Do I go for really really slow motions when lifting?

Honestly I was mostly just shocked, as there was no way in hell I would have guessed that dude would ever even dream of putting up that kind of weight, given his overall size. He looked like a fit runner type guy, literally had no bulk. But he was stronk as fuck

>bodybuilding.com/fun/the-westside-method-get-legit-strong-and-jacked-as-hell.html

For aesthetic reasons most of us want hypertrophy, but is there any reason why people purposefully wouldn't want it? Does it save on weight? Or do your muscles just become more dense when training to avoid hypertrophy

You know you could google this shit and find out yourself

Strength training = low reps (1-5) very high weight.

Muscle training = medium reps (about 8) average weight.

I guess I need a picture of the guy to really help illustrate. If you saw how small he was you would never believe he could lift that much, it was amazing.

What do you guys do normally, rotate between strength and muscle training when you start to peak at your weight limits on medium reps with average weight?

...s-sauce

>>what a perfect belly
>not looking at the tits
what a fucking gay

>benching almost twice as much as my limit.
>was benching almost 3 plates for multiple reps

Found your problem, you're DYEL as fuck
Almost 3 pl8 is twice your limit?

I don't know what my max 1 rep is, but i normally go in and do 3 to 5 sets of 10 of 155, I weigh 205lbs with about 20% bf and 6'3"

>have 54 inches to travel for a full bench

Wut?

'no'

No significant difference in fiber composition between elite athletes and non athletes

olga chocolate

That's the best way to do it. Give about 6-8 weeks for each but when you switch it throws off your body and makes it have to start working hard again to adjust and therefore you will see better results than just switching daily or weekly.

To look like Bruce Lee, also, you can be more agile and flexible if you aren't Hulk-mode, which can help you in other areas of your life.