/qtddtot/ - Questions that Don't Deserve their own Thread

I haven't seen one of these in a while

if I forget to drink protein after the gym (I get high after long days), will I achieve the same effect as if I drank it right when I got home the night before or is the 30-minute broscience true?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3595342/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Protein window is a myth.

How do I up my /CBR/ game? I want to start meal prepping my lunches, maybe dinners as well, but everything I find is hippy upper-middleclass soccer mom memeshit. What's a simple, tasty meal I can prep to break up the monotony of chicken-broccoli-rice? Goal total calories ~1600-1800/day.

what are some good chest exercises? I feel like i need to hit my chest more, it's never really sore after the gym
I'm benching 5/3/1 and then 5x10 at around 60%, and then I do some dips and landmine press, but that's about all for my chest
what else can I do? Do I really need to do anything else for my chest?

>I haven't seen one of these in a while
they are literally up 24/7, i hardly see times when thres not one up

What is that site where you can pick a start weight and a goal weight and it shows you pictures of a bunch of people that have lost that amount of weight? I can't remember it at all and Google is bringing up meme magazine instagram trash

What are some good poses for selfies to accentuate my squat ass and thighs to pickup gay men on Craigslist/etc for blow jobs. I'm married and "straight" btw.

Is there any point in a woman doing barbell squats if she is trying to lose inches around her waist? Wouldn't squats make her waist look like a tree trunk instead of slimming it down to an hourglass shape?

Not really to be quite honest.
But doing a single squat session once a week is relatively easy to do and will give you benefits.
If you do want to work on your legs then you should just stick to gobblet squats, romanian deadlifts and lunges.

That's genetics. You can't spot weight loss in areas.
You won't gain huge amounts of muscle as a woman. I hate using the word tone, but every weightlifting exercise a woman does simply tones her body instead of making you big.

Unless you bulk like a retard.

Try downloading 8fit, has an awesome library of meals. First two weeks is free so writ down as meals as you can, then unsubscribe

I see... hm, so the reason I ask this is because I've been told that the compound movements of squats practically work out everything from legs to your core.
Which is why I asked about ab area.

What about swapping it out for something like planks? Or hell, even adding planks to the workout routine?

Why did she leave me?

In my country is winter cold as fuck now, but i like to run.
Problem is when i run after ~15-20 minutes my throat starts hurting because of cold air.
What do i do? Should i get throat heaters? Can they help?

>tfw fucked up my shoulder somehow
I'm not sure if I fucked it up at work of at the gym, but I woke up with it so here I am now.

The Doc told me to lay off it. What're some chest/upper bod excercises I can do to maintain chest gains without hurting my should?

It's left by the way, I want to stay as even as possible until it gets better

Do you not have access to a treadmill?

I'd say get a tight scarf and use a dust mask (if you dont mind running with a dust mask). Your hot breath being contained will warm up your face/mouth.

Workout your core as in build lean muscle and burn fat so you're not flabby. Planks won't get you a nice ass and legs but you should do them as well, not as a replacement.

triggerpoints.net

htfu

because youre a loser

Pop cayenne pepper pills. Bring hot water with you.

I'm getting back to the gym after 5+ months of doing only hard work and i wonder : Should i go to gym before or after the work ? it's a very heavy and manual one and i'm afraid that it'll impact GREATLY my gains

Chest and cable flies my man, it'll tear you up like there's no tomorow

Do some stomach vaccums, it'll help greatly (and the real kind, with the obliques and lumbars, not just sucking your gut)

I dont have money to keep buying new free weights for farmers carries, would a suitcase carry with a barbell be as good?

Yes, squats will give you a wide core.

It's why most women who are concerned with their figures(and their trainers)do things outside of the typical barbel squat or do them rarely.
They do other things for their legs and ass.
Like lunges, goblet squats, and bridges.
If you want to tighten your core, meaning tighten up your stomach, then I suggest a good diet along with planks or crunches.
They work.

thanks my man, i took chest flies out a while back, but i guess ill add em back in

Slav here, well a "civilized european slav" I have a problem, I always had this problem. You see as a slav, we are more violent and angry than europeans, but I am part of a subslav/family that is even angrier and violent, though I havent done any violence, each and every day I only have violent and angry thoughts. Even on my good days.

A couple of years back I was kinda fat, so low test, but thanks to liftan and dieting I am now stronger than before, below 10%BF, and my energy levels have gone up again, along with my mood.

So the problem of course is that my blood compels me to violence. I only think of violence. You see, when I go alongside european people, when they see a problem they go like "well you can do thing X to prevent/solve this problem". But I immediately think "well if the problem is caused by a person or thing, can you kill it to remove that problem?"

I managed to hold it at bay at some times, and me being able to write about it is a great indication that I am learning what it is about. But, I cant even watch movies or play non violent video games anymore. I am not even joking, murder is the only thing on my mind. And its kinda bugging me out, I wish to learn of the complex, and more longer term problem solving skills of the natives. Because while their nations seem to be overrun with immigrants, I can see the merit in peacetime to not be a violent person. So how does one learn this peacefulness?

Where do I buy hgh?

Protein powder and stevia..

>Do you not have access to a treadmill?
Yes but that is not what i like. 8 hours i sit and work in office.
When i run i want to be outside.

>Your hot breath being contained will warm up your face/mouth.
My face has no problem with cold, i have beard.

tea in thermostat :D

Is there a program similar to 100pushups.com but with pull ups? I want to go military and this program seems like the fastest way to get my numbers up, but I need one for pull ups and running as well. Thank you for any help!

>So the problem of course is that my blood compels me to violence. I only think of violence. You see, when I go alongside european people, when they see a problem they go like "well you can do thing X to prevent/solve this problem". But I immediately think "well if the problem is caused by a person or thing, can you kill it to remove that problem?"
Litteraly the same. Do you think i might be slav ? What kind even are you, balkan kind ?

Also you might be wanting to look for a place to take your anger out : Seek if your local junkyard is open to public and go smash some cars there or something. Best option tho would be joining a systema place, it's a great health, anger, and martial art place

There is, I think it's called the 25 pull-up challenge. Same principle as the push-up (and sit up) routines. Example: 5,4,3,3,6+

>Not doing 3x3
Weight = size.

MK677.

Also, some oil or something for fat. Carbs aren't necessary, but fat is.

What is body recomposition.

I'm trying to cut at 20% BF down to 10%. I was using the calculator, leangains, and in trying to replace my the BF with muscle. I'm also low bodyweight, 5'11 @ 140. Ony thing I have in my appartment is about 150 llbs in weight plates and a curl bar in my appartment. Also a benchpress bed thing that you lay on.

What do you suggest. Want to look like pic related.

>3x3
what fucking meme is this

50pullups.com

questions about etiquette/unwritten gym rules

Is it ok to ask pretty much anyone for a spot? Typically I ask PTs but if none are around, I try to find someone who's alone on break just after they finish a set. I try not to ask the same person twice either.

Conversely, if you are available, should you ever say no to a spot?

Also about working in. Is it always ok to ask to work in assuming there's only 1 or 2 people using the equipment? Again, I'm usually ok with waiting it out but there are days I work out during my wagecuck lunch break so I want to get in and out as fast as I can.

Not sure, slavs of some sort do share a lot of more generic DNA with whites, so it might be a grander thing still. I think that there are fewer of you who become ultraviolent, in your general population compared to us. Also Kazakh..ish. In my family there is more violence, not a bad kind, we can control it, but it seems that violence does go to things outside of family. The kids had it, the other family members also have these things. More interest into violent things even.

But the problem is that these people didnt focus so much on test. I only managed to control it because of average to low test, now that I am clean, eating well and controlling for it. I feel like its overtaking me more and more. I still can control it, but its like a good fuck, in the back of my head I want to kill something. I want to shoot something, I want to get into a tank and drive over sandniggers or something. Its kinda annoying. I am enjoying my old hobbies less and seeking things that can sate my urge to kill.

SS+GOMAD

It's OK to ask anyone for a spot that seems half capable of doing it. You can ask the same guy more than once as well if he's chill about it. I mean, why not?
Idk about aaying no to a spot. Never said no to anybody who wants one because it's not like it's meddling in with my lifts and it's a karma thing.
It's always OK to ask to work in of you're not OHPing lmao1pl8 when someone is squatting 4 pl8s. If you are asking to work in on machines or you fall in the weight range that you can work in without causing much disturbence, why not.

I said cut, but this sounds like a nice bulk for later on. Thanks for the tip

Thanks! How about hip thrusts?

You are a spooky skeleton. Bulk first, cut later. Seriously, if you cut now you're gonna look like a holocaust survivor.

Any way I can make dick gains?

I just don't like having a ton of BF at all. I guess the rationale is that its easier to cut later than now because your body will need to shed fat since your doing well in the gym.

What can I do with a bench and weights tho. The closest gym is like 10 miles and I don't own a car.

So after walking or being on my feet for a while, could be anywhere from an hour to many hours my lower back feels tight when I bend over, but is relieved instantly when I do so
Is this something I should worry about?

Is this Veeky Forumss variant of "The Holocaust never happened"?

Strengthen glutes

Alright famiglia, to have a rock solid popping out adonis belt it's all genetics and low body fat?

asking since if I look into the mirror frontally, I still look like I have some fat on my sides and lower stomach, yet, if I flex my guts out I can see my six pack, and my V fucking pops out like crazy and makes me look extremely lean on the sides, it makes me look like a underwear model but if I'm not flexing the guts out I can barely see the V

Pull ups or chinups for dat dere cobra back

no.

protein window is actually a myth. see alan aragorn for details.

sauce her RIGHT NOW.

Low bf and genetics are big factors

But you can also train your obliques to make it pop more

Chinups work the lats more

Pullups work the teres and mid traps more

>But you can also train your obliques to make it pop more

Outside heavy diddlylifts and haging leg raises, is there something I should do?
Im also scared that training them will make me look wide-hipped since I pack most of my fat on the lowerback which makes my sides look like shit when bf% gets high

No. Google reverse image search is down for me too.

thanks for the link!

Emily Barry

no because there's legitimate proof that the window is not real

is 5'9 good for a 16 year old or will my son be a manlet cuck

Assuming you're not talking about yourself,

Since he's only 16 I'll say he has at least 5 more years to get uncucked. Unlikely however.

manlet cuck, just like his adoptive father

im 5'6 thanks
isn't 5 years a lot?

>isn't 5 years a lot?
the average human stops growing completely around age 21.

If anything, I'd consider it a blessing that he potentially has 5 years to grow up

example: I was 5'7 until I went to college. Around age 19 I had my final Growth Spurt and now I'm 5'11

What do you do when you're a fatty trying to lose weight and you, late at night, feel hungry?

Do chinups really work the lats as much as pullups? Yates says there no point to pullups but roids make me skeptical.

Great, what about for running? I was able to run 5k without stopping after a week of doing intervals, is this the fastest way?

Water or veggies.
Eat 100 carrots raw.

If the perfect lifting shoes are hard flat soled ones with around an inch a heel, shouldn't it theoretically be possible and good to lift on leather soled dress shoes?

I started working out a week ago. I know I'll eventually feel good about having put the time and work in. But right now, there's this constant barrage of thoughts telling me I suck, I'll never stick with it, and so on.

I can't force time to move forward faster so I can have been working out longer. I have to wait for it. But in the meantime, how do I stop feeling like a joke for being at the place I'm at right now?

who the hell said a inch heel

I really don't remember where I read that. If not, how much of a heel should a lifting shoe have?

I'm doing pic related, but I am having a hard time progressing on my lifts. I'm 5'9" 145lbs and eating enough protein and going at least 400cal over my tdee/day. Also, how do I prevent my back from rounding when I do pendlay rows? I try to brace my core, etc. but I can't seem to go heavy enough to "feel it" in my lats without my back rounding as well.

You don't. Keep going. Some days will suck. Keep going. You will get better as long as you keep going and keep trying.

I'm closing in on the end of couch-to-5k and I love running. I know lifting is better if you want to get shredded, but I just love to run and I want to improve how far and how fast I can run.

So what's a good program to follow couch to 5k?

Look up Hal Higdon

I made this mistake as well. If you want to feel it in your lats don't go heavier go lighter. But instead of immediately bringing the weight down hold it for 3-5 seconds and then slowly bring it down. I do this for my rowing and my pulldowns and I really feel it in my lats now.

As with developing any new habit you have to force yourself no matter what. After a few weeks it'll become routine

pause/squeeze at the top
if your back is rounding lower the weight

Chin ups have about the same lat activation as pull ups when you look at EMG

EMG is only a moderately reliable tech

Ofc that's why I mentioned it. But as far as I know it's the best we've got right now

yeah it's the best thing short of biopsy lmao

I'm finally ready to lift after eight months of rest and therapy thanks to a drunk driver. My gains have all atrophied away so I'm not sure where to start with a program. Thinking about just doing SL 5x5. What do you think?

I'd do a beginner program like SS or GSLP. I injured myself and had to take some time off, but it only took about half as long to regain my strength as it did to gain it the first time. You might have similar results.

What is the best way to preserve/slow the loss of my gains while training for a marathon?

I'm going to start training again in August of next year (around the time I hit 200lbs)

I have some pain in my upper back, in the middle. In between my shoulder blades. I had this pain after working my Pull day yesterday, and I think doing OHP today made it worse.

What have I done?

manlet

For cardio rest days, do you jog on a treadmill? If so, I suck at jogging/running, what should I focus on for form?

Any one got any good programs/workouts for ohp.
>inb4 press

Treadmills are better than running on concrete.

Make sure you have some incline on the treadmill. Just try to run at a speed that isn't too intense, work your way up to it. maybe around 5mph (5 setting on the treadmill) and just do that. if you can run at a decently high speed and also hold a conversation without huffing and puffing then you're at a good spot.

Top kek, don't porezati yourselves with that oštrica.

>Kazakh..ish
>drive over sandniggers
>The Kazakhs are the descendants of Turkic, Mongolic and Indo-Iranian indigenous groups and Huns that populated the territory between Siberia and the Black Sea.
start with yourself, mate.

Hip thrust are goat if you can do them properly, most people engage their hamstrings more than their glutes and SLDL are better for that.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3595342/

Depends, I was 6'2'' at 15 and never grew an inch after that, some guys don't reach their full height as late as 22.

Lean protein and fibrous veggies, plus a very small amount of olive oil.

Treadmills suck for your joints if you're a fatty, just bike. If you're not fat: focus on proper foot strike, tucking your hips and keeping chest up.

just a bit fat, 205lb, 6foot. i just never enjoyed running and have been doing 3.5mph for 30 minutes, but it's getting easy, so i'll work my way up to 5.

What's your bf%?

Try the step machines and bike machines too. See what you like best and talk to the attendants for advice too

I'm looking for suggestions on my last meal of the day

Currently my diet is
Morning workout with milk a banana and sometimes some almonds

Then post workout is 3 eggs and protein cereal

On the way to work I have a 1000 cal shake

I bring two bowls of chicken and rice to work
Each wth one breast

But I'm not sure how I should fill my last meal of the day
I don't want chicken again, I've been eating ham and beans (and or eggs) usually but ham isn't that great neutrient wise

Any suggestions?
I would like it to be kinda enjoyable after eating chicken through the day

Also carbs at night seems like a bad idea although I do morning workouts so getting food in me and actually broken down for fuel is kinda hard

What do when you're unable to do dips/chin ups for SS? Total beginner, skinnyfat/fat here,

Problem is that you have nothing to cut too right now. If you want anything resembling the picture you posted you'll need to get some muscle first. Unfortunately getting muscle also requires getting some fat. If you only eat a 500 calorie surplus that will gain you a pound a week with minimal fat. Do that and starting strength. Don't actually do GOMAD. That's really just for getting fat.

I like doing dumbbell chest flys at a slight incline with a pronated grip

I wear Converse All-Stars in the gym and out. Will they fuck up your feet after a while or is all the stuff about arch support a meme?

How is GSLP(with arms plugin) in terms of hypertrophy or aesthetics?
Should i switch to all pros or a PPL?

can low fat diets make you really hungry?

my diet is literally: protein shake with skim milk, instant oatmeal, turkey or roast beef sandwich on whole wheat bread with a slice of cheese, a few pieces of fruit and a granola bar or two for snacks, and 6-8 oz of chicken breast plus greens for dinner.

im eating 1500-1700 calories a day on a cut but i feel like im fucking starving all the time. it was easier eating 1500 calories a day of pure junk food.