Question

Question.
When measuring things such as half a cup of cooked rice do I need to press it down to compact it so it fits half a cup?

what the fuck am I reading

Who cares you'll probably give up on your training and diet in 2 weeks anyway, do whatever you want loser

Reported and saged

get the fuck out

I wouldn't press down on the rice. Have a good day!

What the fuck. Fuck you.

I would

Rude!

press if bulking, leave fluffed if cutting

who cares

Bucket crab detected. Just because you're a loser with no discipline doesn't mean other people are

going by volume is an approximation of the weight.

the other anons are shitting on you because you're not weighing your food.

weigh your food and you'll be fine.

yes that means get a food scale.

weight it

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Do I measure the cup too, or how does that work???

Browsing choosemyplate.
I don't get pic related. Do I need to eat 4 cups a week of eat the cups below per week of each group of vegs?

also weigh before you cook

water does not have any calories

>water does not have any calories

bump

Madman

>measuring food by volume, AND with imperial units
>measuring cooked food

american [x]
retarded [x]

>cups
>scoops
>ounces
>sticks
>inches
>shovels
>hand fulls
Why are americans so retarded?
Serious question.

lmao

15yo faggot whos mum does all the cooking detected

My rule is that rice and pasta double in weight after cooking if it's too late OP

You set the tare weight on your scale with the empty cup then add rice and weigh it all to get only the weight of the rice.

There. Spoon fed

Don't press down on the rice. It denatures the proteins and ruins their primary structure, causing them to lose their function.
Source: I'm a biology major.

Just zero out your digital scale after placing a bowl on it and weigh the rice in grams man

This guy knows what he is talking about I bet he is deans list at kaplan

You should measure the rice uncooked to be more accurate

This.

Get a rice cooker and only cook the quantity you need.

Your detector appears to be broken, i cook most of my meals for the week each weekend exclusively using grams for measuring like a sane person.

You're retarded.
According to Gay-Lussac's law, if the pressure applied to the rice rises, then the temperature will increase. Consequently, the proteins lose their structure, robbing OP of gains.
Enjoy your no gains, fatty.

>Cups

You need to stop being this much of an autist

cups are measured in GRAMS you stupid motherfucking nigger.

Measure the rice BEFORE cooking, as the finished weight varies greatly the more water you add.

Stop being a nigger.

Get a real education.

>Late 2016:
>Not measuring the rice BEFORE you cook it
>Bothering to eat half a cup of COOKED rice
Son, if you want anyone to nibble at your BAIT, stop buying it at the 99 Cent Store.

>[x]
> [x]
I'll kill you irl

Measure it before you cook it retard

Maybe you can get your tuition back if you show them this post

>projecting this hard
lmao'ing at your life f.a.m

Jesus Christ guys a cup of rice is about 200 calories it doesn't vary enough to worry about that much you autistic measuring savants.

keep your rice fluffy it will taste better

They usually mean how much will fill a cup naturally and not to compact as much in there.

Like how people are absolutely convinced a table spoon = being stacked over the spoon into a little mound instead of it being cut off at the lip of the spoon.

Weighing chicken uncooked or cooked? Anyone?

Semi related question due to thread replies

When eating things with bones or scraps do i include those in the weight or is it implied you didn't eat it.

Like if I ate a mango would I weigh the whole mango and leave the seed in the measurement or take it out

When I eat steaks or pork chops with the bone in I weigh it before I eat it and then after all that's left is the bone and the difference is what I count.

>counting the bone

not gonna make it