Why aren't you a cyclist?

Why aren't you a cyclist, /fit?

Why have you fallen for the meme that lifting = aesthetics = alpha?

>Gliding through space propelled by the poetic synchrony of mechanical minimalism and human athleticism
>Climbing epic peaks with ease
>Gaining superior cardiovascular fitness propelling oneself hundreds of kilometers by sheer force of will
>Cycle racing is literally 5D chess, the ultimate test of physical and mental capacity
>6% bodyfat year round, despite constant cafe stops for coffee and ham and cheese croissants
>The true embodiment of enlightened social values
>A noble pursuit highly associated with the social elite and intelligentsia
>Sculpted calves get comments daily
>You'll never have to date a fat girl
>Statistically superior lifespan
>Reduced insurance premiums because you're fit as fuck

What the fuck is wrong with you autists?

i am, its terrible.
i wouldnt want anybody to have to go through the hell of cycling to commute.

Does anyone else find that cycling doesnt do much cardio wise?

I can ride faster until lactic acid builds up in my legs, but I still never get puffed out.

Same. I feel like a nuisance to the world

i dont care about the world. i hate having to carry extra clothes just so i dont go to class soaked in sweat. and fuck hills.

I really like my commute, but i can see how it can get tedious. What i really need is a cyclebro so i can track how well i'm doing on my longer rides, i've lost all sense of speed and progress riding alone.

>My GF calls
My parents aren't home
>Me
I'll come over
>Turn up 1 hout later wearing Lycra and drenched in sweet
I-I i came here on my bi to open your thighs.

Your parents must be very proud.

>Have to wake up earlier for the extra time needed to get to work
>Cycling lanes here are fucked and people frequently park in them
>Drivers will lose their shit at you for absolutely no reason
>Constantly flirting with the prospect of injury, and even death
>Have to have a shower at work to wash off the swear
>After a long days work need to cycle back home

Aaand that's why I stopped cycling to work.

I still go for rides in the Hills or along the Bay on the weekend though.

climb mount ventoux

Enjoy having no strength at all, being hated by the majority of people and dying at 60 of prostate cancer

You're doing it wrong

My dream would be to, once again, commute to work. Current job has me driving all around the country

With a bike...

How do you do it right?

"Son we need to talk about your Bi"
"No Dad it's not a phase, this is me"
"It is ok if your a faggot, dave next door rides a Harley"
"Dad you just don't understand, me and my Bi riding friends go places and get ham and cheese croissants."

I-I do desu

>comparing bisikles to motorsykles.

Yeah, no.

You must be confused in something.

>implying riding a faggot sofa isn't gay as fuck.

>tfw you cant cycle in winter

>tfw there is no such thing as winter so you can ride all year long

>Implying i am not saying Motorbikes are 6
>Bicyclers are 2-3
Kinda gay compared to mega faggot.

I am, and it's terrible. My job forces me to ride a bike at the very least 20 hours a week, and it's hell for me to achieve gains.

>this
I used to cycle from Gig harbor to Olympia every day
One day realized that I was adding an 7 hour routine to my already busy day.

top kek
you must live in the flattest place on earth.

For reference, OP.
I am a cyclist. I originally started with liftan, but then switched to cycling after about 6 months. Went Vegan too. Absolutely shrekt my gains for a year and a half. Had a great time though. Now back into lifting and not being a Vegan bitch. Still gonna keep riding though. Great way to get cardio and get around.

>job forces u to ride a bike

What are you, a bike messenger?

I would be if my fucking bicycle wheels weren't stolen from outside my gym. Busted the fuck out of my bike to get to them. Frame is absolutely ruined. Had that bike for 2 years. Pretty depressed right now.

Chin up mate, we're all gonna make it,

sweet bike man

I don't ride a bike because I have abnormally large testicles which get crushed if I sit on a bike seat. This causes substantial pain after 15-20 minutes.

Unless they are the size of tennis balls, I would recommend learning how to sit on a bike saddle.

>Why aren't you a cyclist, /fit?
But I am. I lift mainly in cold months, while warm months are reserved for cycling through glorious landscapes. It's insane to prefer the walls and floors of a gym to the great outdoors.

I'm more of an adventure cyclist, I don't really care about the distance I cover, I just want to get a feeling of travelling and discovering new places. Last summer I cycled through whole Germany while camping in the woods and it was awesome.

But I am. I spent my summer vacation this year in Majorca cycling.

Have you tried not being a bitch?

similar situation here, sort of given up with the bike now because the weathers shit and focusing mainly on lifting

don't you worry about a lack of bike fitness not being on it? amazing how much you lose just taking a few weeks off

Can Veeky Forums recommend a mountain bike that's okay in easy trails but can also be used to commute to the train station? What should I look for?

Im looking to get into cycling, but Im not sure where to start. I can ask /n/ but its a slow board.

I used to bike like 40 miles a day, but it was killing my time and energy for lifting, so now I only bike about 5 miles a day. Sometimes I go on longer rides, but mostly just commute nowadays.

/n/ is a slow board but it isn't dead. Just don't fall for all their memes.

I don't even know their memes, let alone to fall for them.

Imagine a newfag who took SS seriously?
Would they know the sticky is "good" but outdated?

Because everyone who cycles looks like shit unless they do other exercises and generally cyclists are faggots.

>don't you worry about a lack of bike fitness not being on it?

Yes, but what can you do in freezing temperatures and short daylight? I try to at least run through winter to maintain some cardio. If the winter is mild and dry you can still do some cycling, though.

>>Gaining superior cardiovascular fitness propelling oneself hundreds of kilometers by sheer force of will

It's extremly fucking unhealthy and your heart would be ten timer healthier if you were a fat fuck sitting on a coach every day instead.