Calories or macros. what is more important

Other urls found in this thread:

eatthismuch.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You will lose weight faster if you eat 800 cals of raw veggies and fruit than you would eating 800 cals from mcdonalds or subway or anything bread

No scientist but learned this from experience

What? Bullshit. Calories are calories

don't post again for two weeks

Faster? No, but is healthier and easier because of the fiber. Fucking 5/10 b8 made me reply.

I experimented this, was on a subway diet (lost weight) then went on a meme raw veggies and fruit diet and lost weight faster

If you're just generally fat and you want to lose weight, then calories are all that is important. If you're doing a lean bulk or cut (whilst trying to maintain muscle), macros. Calories are important as well, though.

calories are obviously the most important. macros seem to matter little unless you're doing something extreme. as long as you go relatively high protein and don't skew the fat to carb ratio to one of the extremes then you're usually good to go.

Calories, macros.

In order of importance for weight loss and mass gain.

Calories

If i just eat shit like tuna, egg, oats etc as long as it is low cal will i lose weight

If you eat 100 eggs a day no.
You still have to count calories, doesn't matter what you eat. You don't want to go too low just as you don't want to go too high.

Not faster, but mentally easier.

What probably happened is you read Subway's literature that said X sandwich has Y calories, but the person making it did it wrong, e.g. put on too much mayo, cheese, etc.

You will lose weight if you eat under maintenance. For example, if your maintenance is 2000, you should ideally be eating 1500 calories a day. That should add up to about 2lbs a week in weight loss. I recommend SOME balance in your diet though, for health's sake.

>If you're doing a lean bulk or cut (whilst trying to maintain muscle), macros.

wait really? I'm trying to bulk. how do I calculate my macros & shit?

To an extent. Lean bulks and cuts are a pain in the arse because your calories are limited, so you want to be getting the most out of said calories. Instead of calculating your macros specifically (a ROYAL pain in the arse) I suggest making a meal plan using eatthismuch.com/ . If you're doing a lean bulk, I'd put your calories at about 500 - 1000 above your maintenance.

I am a vegetarian so even if the guy there added too much lettuce how much could the difference be?

>lean bulk at 500-1k surplus a day
>1kg a week

He better be a skellington noob about to run fuvkloafs of gear

Do you people not even bother to learn about this stuff?

I mean, did you seriously just start by going to a gym while eating the same thing you always ate, or just eating chicken/rice/broccoli because someone posted thats what they ate without actually learning HOW your bodies work?

I just dont understand it, everything you need to know about macro/micro nutrient consumption is online, you could figure this shit out and actually start on a balanced diet. And this stuff is absolutely fundamental to getting Veeky Forums, you are actively sabotaging your progress by not understanding how your diet works.

I swear to fucking god Veeky Forums you're the most uneducated bunch of people when it comes to your own board topic. At least /tv/, /v/ and /pol/ the shitposting clusterfucks of incompetence they are actually know about shows, games and politics.

Great job mate. Berate someone for trying to learn something by calling them uneducated. People like you are the reason there is such a counter-culture for weight lifting (and fitness in general). I totally understand where you are coming from; but, being a dick isn't going to make Veeky Forums a more educated place. Sharing your knowledge and helping people like OP (that are TRYING to learn) out will make this a better community. Not discouraging them for their pursuit of knowledge.

Don't piss in your cereal and then complain about the taste

Can you educate me? Or link me anything that could educate me

The protein and fat are minimums you need to hit. Too little protein, and muscle gain/retention is compromised. Too little fat, and fat soluble vitamin absorption, steroid production, and some other important processes suffer. Everything else is up to you.

For most healthy people, balancing sodium intake against water and potassium intake is what's important, not total sodium intake.

Basically: Hit your protein and fat minimums, do whatever for the rest of your calories. Try to get enough fruits and veggies.

In importance for weight loss it goes Calories>Macros>Micros. Calorie deficent will get you skinny, macros and lifting will make you sexy.

Protein for muscle recovery and development. Fats for nutrient transport/absorption, skin, hair, etc etc. Carbs for energy