I've been lifting for 4 months and I still can't squat more than the bar

I've been lifting for 4 months and I still can't squat more than the bar.
As soon as get into the right form I feel like I'm going to fall backwards, so I haven't added any weights.. for 4 months

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JBHzXF-mVjY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Assuming this is not a troll, stretch daily. You lack mobility. Do 3rd world squats regularly and hold position.

Which stretches?

this

also,if i recall correctly, Starting Strength has some tips on stretching to prepare specifically for squats

if you can't be bothered to download the .pdf there's plenty of ankles/hamstrings stretching exercises on the internet

No OP I refuse to believe that.

How many times have you failed? How many times have got stuck at the bottom or dropped the bar?

Look for California strengths leg stretches. Best video I've seen.

>39560243
The classic 'touch the toes' is always good. I do this one at random intervals through the day when I'm bored, lead to a huge increase in mobility. But really you want an entire lower body stretch routine to do in the evenings. Just google it.

And I'm serious about the third world squats. Do them watching TV

>How many times have you failed? How many times have got stuck at the bottom or dropped the bar?
never. it's just the bar

Then how do you know you can't lift more?

I know my form is wrong and I'm not going to add any weight if my form is wrong.

Are you on the spectrum? It's not going to hurt you to squat fucking 85 pounds with less than perfect form.

>can't do the bar with good form
>tells him to add weight anyway

this is horrible advise

>Are you on the spectrum?
yes. what the fuck are you going to do about it? I have retard strength.

Lol are you trusting the OP who's been squatting 45 lbs for 4 months to accurately assess his own form? If he's got some kind of tendon deformity or muscle wasting disease then fair enough, but 4 months of squatting the bar should have been as much stretching as he needed.

The most likely explanation is that he's just trolling us, but after that I'd say he's got a psychological issue.

I haven't been squatting every day if that's what you think

>retard strength
>literally can't squat an empty bar correctly

Then start. Like the other guy said, instead of sitting down while you watch TV, squat on the floor like millions of years of primate evolution have prepared you to do. do hip and hamstring exercises. get off Veeky Forums and do 2x10 bodyweight squats as deep as you can.

Tbh I feel much more stable with >1pl8

I think the problem is that I can't bend my shins forward, so I end up leaning forward to hold my balance. I look like the left guy in this picture. See how badly the bar is lined up to his mid feet?

Does anyone know any good stretches I can do? Someone suggested "touch the toes" and sit like a third worlder earlier which are both great stretches. Please give me more

>bending shins

Not him but I walked into the gym day one and squatted 115 lbs AtG with river straight back and perfect form for 5x5

6 months later I am up to.... a whopping 5x5 120 lbs.

It's nearly impossible to gain strength while perma cutting at a large deficiet

Is that a stretching suggestion?

Google how to squat with perfect form
Candito explains it well.

You sound pretty retarded OP

I can't squat under 1 plate because I use the weight to center my balance. You sound retarded, OP.

>I can't do bodyweight squats

he's not the only one

look on youtube for some squat stretch videos.

this one helped me.:
youtube.com/watch?v=JBHzXF-mVjY