How would you train for Ranger Selection or Special Forces Selection?

How would you train for Ranger Selection or Special Forces Selection?

Pic kind of related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eQZh-VEA-X8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

go to the gym

run a lot, do a lot of push-ups, sit ups and pull-ups. Train a lot in the water, as in practice swimming and getting used to being under water.
Add a little more running on top of that just to be sure.

>wanna be zog trooper

lmaoing at your life

where did it go wrong

By being an idiot

What this guy says

Well, duh

thank you for your insightful post, user

Ruck. A lot. A shit ton.

>wanted to be become paratrooper
>would probably have passed every test, but couldn't try because my vision isn't good enough

Look up military athlete. That is what they do in my unit.

Train endurance, and put on as much weight as you can.
Most guys come out 20+ lbs lighter

HS school mate
>D1 swimmer
>freakishly smart and Veeky Forums
>goes to recruiters wearing glasses(bad vision)
>gets greenlight for be navy seal
>signs contract
>oh you have glasses?
>here is waver once you get lasik (after basic and after he gets go ahead (3.5k PER EYE)
>Dude was fucking PISSED

I hate these decadent faggots. The ancient Greeks pursued intellectual and physical perfection, war was considered to be a part of life and even Socrates participated in his city-state's militia. I'd like to see what'd they do when a hostile aggressor whose sole purpose to rape and pillage shows up and they're too high and mighty because a military force is something beneath them.

Look up the army physical fitness test best scores and hit those numbers before trying for selection.

IIRC they are roughly:
20 pull-ups
100 push ups
110 sit-ups
A 3 mile run in less than 18 minutes

So, get running user and good luck

basically core and endurance id imagine plus functional body weight exercises like push ups, pull ups, and dips.

This. When will the too smart for military meme end?

You forgot to tip your fedora

If you think modern warfare is anything like war in ancient times then you need to kill yourself

C A R D I O
A
R
D
I
O

Also high reps, low weight, bodyweight exercises, swimming

I thought only vision requirement was able to see color?

t. Future paratrooper here

seen an old youtube video about tje asymmetric warfare group. This dudr with glasses was abn, ranger, sf, and had a halo badge.

I got glasses too man.

yeah it's not like you need a military to protect your sovereignty

maybe you should pitch your ideas to the baltic states and finland

How strict are security clearances for rangers? I ask because i used to smoke weed often and tried dmt, acid once.

Not insane. But depends on your MOS.

Intel spooks are gonna be obviously a little harder to get into.

Fug. A lot of ppl say to lie about it though i feel like sooner or later the truth would come out.

This is the list of the things required in my country:

>motivated
>officer training (1 year)
>good health (A-class)
>vision at least 1,0 in both eyes
>great colour detection
>normal hearing
>good cardiovascular health
>able to swim at least 200m
>decent skiing skill
>no criminal registry
>driving license

This doesn't mean you will get in, but these are minimum requirements to even apply.

what country may I ask? Im from burgerland.

finland

we have mandatory service so requirements are naturally pretty high for these type of things

The ranger physical fitness test you'll take on day 1 is 49 push-ups in 2min, 59 sit-ups in 2min, 5 mile run in 40 minutes or less and 6 chinups. Pretty easy, but make sure your form is perfect (graders can be dicks, and will take the chance to thin the herd early if you give them the excuse) and you can hit somewhere around 70 PU, 75 SU, the 5mi in 35min and 8 or so chinups in practice tests. You'll take this test at both Ranger School and trying out for regiment. Hit all those goals, then ruck march your ass off. There's a 12 miler with 35 lbs dry weight in 3hr15min during the first week, but really you'll need it more during patrols because you will be carrying a shitload of weight every damn day for long distances. Be the guy that can carry extra equipment without bitching and you'll do a lot better on peer evaluations.
Bulk up a little before school as long as you can still run and pass RPFT, cuz you'll lose a shitload of weight and dudes that come in straight skelly mode literally break down towards the end.
SF fitness tests are similar, but I didn't go that route, so maybe some other bro can fill you in there. Be fit, be smart, don't be a dick and you'll be cool

Thanks for the info brother

I am an intel dude attached to a SOCOM unit. Ive been here for a minute so ask me questions and I'd be happy to answer.

Ever get busted? If not, recruiter probably won't give a shit. Probably just keep that shit to yourself until you start your clearance investigation, if you ever do. All officers need a clearance, joes I'm regiment and group need it, but if you enlist without a ranger contract, you won't need a clearance until you rank up a bit or have some very technical job.

This

Usually it just needs to be correctable to 20/20

I found the exact physical tests performed for Finnish paratroopers an special jaegers and how you get graded based on them.

I could translate a bit if there is someone who is interested.

>step 1 find a mentor, or anybody whos actually made it
>step 2 do what they say
dont listen to anybody who isnt a gangster who has been selected

if youre not in regiment, or sf get the fuck back in your lane. fact is op this is a shit place to ask advice, and on top of that theres a shit ton of made its that have already spoken on the matter. google them
is this bait?

SF is more about mental strength. You're gonna hurt doing it, no matter how strong/fit/prepared you are. The trick is to turn that voice off that says "stop, this hurts!" And just keep going.

I would think Ironman and triathlons/ marathons would be good for mental strength.

I can't attach a document to show you the routine but if you Google SF training guides there's, I think, a 6 month training program for the US Navy Seals or something to that effect.

But there's also a Rangers guide, SAS-both British and aussie and an Israeli commando one. Even a french legionnaires training guide I believe.

youtube.com/watch?v=eQZh-VEA-X8
here you go bro

My dad was a 150lb skinnyfat loser who literally couldn't do a single pushup when he arrived at Basic training. It was pathetic. Regrdless, he went to RIP, now called RASP ("Ranger Selection" you're talking about) and passed. After four years in 1st Ranger Battalion he went to Special Forces Assessment and Selection and passed again. He just retired last year after 20 years in special operations and 11 deployments.

Anyways, you don't need to train at all. It helps, but it isn't necessary. To pass RASP you have to be extremely motivated and mentally tough. That's it. SFAS is different, because everyone there is extremely motivated, but they are really looking for a specific type of character and mindset which you can't train for.

I'm not saying don't exercise, I'm saying don't think exercise is the most important aspect of passing selections. Really wanting it bad is. When you train, you really only need to focus on the shit you do for the APFT. Run, situps, pushups. That's it.

I'm not a Ranger, but I'm an 11b who's passed sniper school and is serving in a reconnaissance platoon

American soldier here. We literally have all those same requirements except skiing.

Driving license too? 1 year of normal + officer training?

Didn't know.

For my country?
Paint myself black and be mildly competent

Well, not entirely sure what you mean "normal"training.

If you're enlisted here, you do enlisted training, if you're going to be an officer, you train as an officer.

But being officer is not required ?

I thought the requirements were so hard here because it's one of the very few military roles that pay actual wages instead of just compensations for mandatory service.

No, being officer isn't required. In fact, it's discouraged if you want to do any real fighting

Run.

Run more.

No, keep running, fuck you.

Little bit of swimming.

Pullups, pushups and situps 20/100/100 respectively in two minutes with the pullups having no time limit.

Extra Credit: Get some pack marching in if you can.

Also if you think lifting is going to help you're in a world of hurt for all the starvation schools and shit they're going to send you to with nary a barbell is sight.

>Run.
>Run more.
>No, keep running, fuck you.

He's not joining the French special surrender forces, jeez.

Just run. Get really good at running to get through RASP. That's it. And don't suck at pushups.

This is Ranger School, not RASP.

This

Don't forget rucking. But don't over do it. Your hip flexors and stabilizing muscles need to be on point. Nearly Day 1 you are carrying 40 pounds, it goes up to 100 pounds from there on out.

Basic strength training + train your test excercises (pullups, sit ups, push up)+ cardio in the form of running and rucking + swimming
tailor to your spezific cours for example sas selection is really marching heavy but there is not that big of an emphasis on swimming...

Literally bullshit a good strength base especally back and legs helps extremly in any selection course

lots of cardio, you don't have to look like Rambo to get accepted into the special forces.

T. E3 in rasp

Get the requirement booklet, its probably online

The folks at Bragg and Benning publish training regimens in PDF form, which are among the first results of you Google "Prepare for SFAS," or similar.

Honestly if you're too dumb for Google you probably don't have the GT score to be a Ranger or 18X. Look into a career more your speed, like sleeping or prostitution.