Redpill me on split routines/brosplits

Redpill me on split routines/brosplits

Stick with strength training m8

Then again I don't know if its because I stick to a diet that I make gains unlike my friends.

sub-optimal for beginners unless you don't care about staying DYEL longer

for intermediate, you advance weekly so w/e as long as you're getting enough volume to do that

for above that, wtf are you doing nigger

>redpill
kek

why is this neckbeard term now shorthand for "explain"

No it mean make me think it's shit you retard

what is a brosplit?
what is a split routine?

i thought they were the same thing?

go form your own opinions faggot

brosplit is usually something like 5 days a week

monday - chest
tuesday - bis/tris
wednesday - shoulders
thursday - back
friday - legs

or something dumb like that, giving no time for recovery. it's stupid

splitting is just splitting apart which muscles you work on certain days

for example and upper/lower split could look like

monday - heavy upper
tuesday - heavy lower
wednesday - rest
thursday - light upper
friday - light lower

etc. basically anything not fullbody erryday is a split

brosplit = 1 body part a day. i.e. chest day, shoulder day, leg day, arm day, back day, etc.
split routine = something like PPL: Push(chest-tricep)-Pull(back-bicep)-Legs(duh)

does p/p/l/x work out better than a full body 3x a day?

Kek everyone at my gym is a curlfag that uses machines. They'll never make it.

not if youre a beginner who is too weak to move any weight. in that case you really should do ss/sl/greyskull for a while until your lifts arent trash and then do ppl

redpill me on instagram bitches with obviously fake asses

hers isnt fake, she used to bodybuild and then put allt that knowledge straight into her ass

shes apparently super defensive about it too kek

t.someone that has fapped to her insta enough to read the captions sometimes

So if i dont give a shit about strength can i skip directly to PPL for hypertrophy gainz?

Adding on to this question, with PPL you only hit each body part once a week right? Is that enough to make good gains?

i dont think you understand

muscle = strength, if you arent at least a little strong you will look like trash

definitely not as a beginner. if you do ppl as a beginner you are literally squandering your most rapid gains period

This

Did a 4 day split for 2 months
Little to no gains, build strength first, bulk, and then you can do a split for a cut just to maintain muscle mass, and gain asthetics

Fat injections senpai

you hit each part twice

the irony with brosplits are that you never recover, but you also have low frequency. it's the worst from both worlds.

instead of recovering properly, training less with more results, having more rest days, and high frequency with a strength routine.

brosplits actually make more sense later on in your lifting career

with enough time spent lifting you'll develop technical mastery or near mastery of the lifts anyway, and you will need bigger more disruptive volume sessions to grow (which you won't be able to do as often)

Im beginner and im doing split routine for 4 months 3x a week and i moved my benchpress from empty bar(20kg) to 50kg and i can bench it 8 times. Is it any good? I dont make deatlift because i cant do proper form but i with bent over row i started with empty bar and now i can do 50 kg 6x times.

What about for fatties that are on a larger longer term cut? I started doing ppl cause I figured 6 days a week I'm burning more cals than compared to 3 a week.
I'm also doing cardio 3-5 days a week with it.
Should I be trying to gain strength on a big cut?

>4 months
>50kg bench
Should have done SS

Unless you're a high level athlete, you should always be gaining strength. If you lose strength on a cut, you're cutting too hard.
Lift heavy 3-4 days per week and do longer cardio sessions on "rest" days

If i start SS now will i make quicker gains? Is it worth to start SS even after 4 months of lifting

To any beginners who are unsure of what to do.

Let's start by stating the goal of weightlifting for the majority of males here - gaining muscle, to look good.
To look good (in terms of Veeky Forums standards) as a natural trainee it is almost guaranteed you need to have low bodyfat (under 12% as a guideline) aswell as decently developed muscle mass.
Muscle grows in natural trainees as a response to putting it under heavy stress it is not used to, in the form of resistance training. Adequate nutrition is obviously very important.
Now onto addressing the misconceptions surrounding hypertrophy, and when and why it occurs. Hypertrophy occurs when muscle cells are damaged by heavy workloads and "supercompensate" as they repair, adding extra fibers to combat the stresses being placed upon the body.
There are 2 types of hypertrophy, simply put, myofibrilar is the addition of new muscle fibers to the muscle cells, and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy is the addition of more sarcoplasm to the muscle fibers. Both will increase the size of a muscle over time, (it is worth noting at this point, that aiming for sarcoplasmic hypertrophy increases exponentially in effectiveness the more muscle fibers you have, which is why it is recommended to start with a lower rep beginner program)
If you are working with submaximal weights, as any sensible trainee should be doing most often, then you will be using a rep range anywhere from 3-15 roughly, based on what % of your 1RM you are using. Generally the lower end of this range (3-8) will support myofibrilar hypertrophy, and the higher end of the range (5-15) will support sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.

>cont

Now onto what continues to drive hypertrophy? Progress. If you are not constantly putting the muscles under new stresses they will not be growing efficiently. This is why the vast majority of beginner routines are based around moving more weight as often as possible. Your body is happy to support lots of extra muscle mass as a beginner, so it will not hesitate to build muscle given even simple stimuli such as linear progression style basic movements.
There is a large misconception that strength and size are independent of one another, but this is obviously not the case if you look at the strength of any big guy. The easiest way for the body to get stronger is to add muscle, simple.
Another note on "should I do a split or fullbody?", as a beginner, you are capable of recovering from a workout very fast, in 48 hours you should be ready to go again, and this is what makes doing a bodypart split such a shit idea for beginners, and why you see skinny guys in the gym making no progress for years. You simply don't need to spend 4-7 days recovering a bodypart, it is wasted time spent fully recovered. Also, "trashing/blasting" a muscle to the point of it being pumped to high hell and unable to move, will not increase muscle gains. Your body is only capable of adding a certain amount of muscle over a week, and as a beginner it doesn't need raping to death to cause this growth.
Now, onto looking "good". Let's be honest now, nobody will look good by internet standards without training for at least a couple of years. So this rules SS out from making you look like a god straight away, however, it rules out every routine. Just make some damn quantifiable progress in the weightroom and you know you are building muscle.
Next of all, nutrition, obviously anyone who follows something like GOMAD who isn't massively underweight is probably going to get fat. Being fat is a surefire way to look shitty. And being fat is independent of your lifting routine.

>cont

Lifting weights in any form can not make you more likely to be fat. Only an excessive calorie surplus can do that.

Tl;dr - progress is and always should be your number one goal in the weightroom. If you want to look good, spend a good amount of time building some muscle, through progression, and have low bodyfat.

Depends on your stats. But you definitely should be able to make some big strength gains on a few months of SS, even after 4 months.

enjoyment leads to consistency
consistency leads to progress
progress leads to enjoyment

172cms
63kgs approximately
Also in SS what exercise can alternate deadlift?

What's your diet like?

full body every single day