Forearms

FOREARMS!
Who works them ?

Recently I have developed a terrible case of Tennis elbow (probably due to poor form) and I have heard that Tennis and Golfers elbow is connected to weak forearms.
As such I have decided to train the specifically hard (as well as my legs) while I rest my elbow.

Do any bros on here focus on forearms ?
Feels good man.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-febRoO0gG0&t=520s
amazon.com/TheraBand-Resistance-Preventing-Tendonitis-Resistances/dp/B014VXSED6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Im in the same boat but with Golfers elbow instead. The pain, oh the pain

How long have you had yours ?

Its been so depressing, I didn't work out for a week and I genuinely felt like killing myself.
Fucking elbow.

Had it for months. Started as a little annoyance, but now it's painful. Can't do curls or dips. It's making me mad, I can deadlift 220 lbs and feel nothing or pick up some groceries and suddenly its hell. I don't know what to do.

i always had skinny forearms, deadlift and weighted pullups worked a bit but they got big and nice when i stopped going to the gym and started doing 4 variations of wrist pushups (they are part of gymnasticbodies handstand series)

How do you train your forearms?

i do some combination of static holds, heavy shrugs with no straps, and those meme curls with fingers when you hold bar behind back

works forearms like a dream

youtube.com/watch?v=-febRoO0gG0&t=520s

8:30

rock climbing rock climbing annnnnnnnnnd rock climbing

I do
Fingertip pushups, l pushups, handstand pushups etc.
Rope chinups
Hanging leg raises while holding onto a rope.

this. also rows

From work & outside interests:
Playing a musical instrument gave me a lot of endurance & dexterity there, and just normal picking shit up fine tuned it.

Deadlifts, rows, pullups, etc

Fun with static holds:
an 18" solid round bar with a 2" diameter weighs ~` 15lb., or a average curl bar weighs 15-2lbs. Hold that out to the side or front in one hand. Obviously, the shorter the piece the more you want to grip towards the end. For a curl bar, hold it in the middle, out to your side, points front/back. Grip that bitch like your enemies throat, hold until it burns, repeat until != humanity.

tennis elbow is closer in scope to physical therapy than fitness and strength

Theraband flexbar was made to fix it

amazon.com/TheraBand-Resistance-Preventing-Tendonitis-Resistances/dp/B014VXSED6

it's a rubbery cylinder that you twist up to provide resistance that you purposely lose to, loading the muscles and tendons while they stretch

it's magic and if you play tennis I really recommend you get it.

I play tennis, I'm a kinesiology student, cert personal trainer, self study therapeutic massage, working on my physical therapy school app, and jerk off to factoids about the human body

I've had golfer's elbow for months now. It started off small and then got more and more painful over time. It's from overworking the forearm so I would suggest just sucking it up and stop doing anything that requires grip for a couple months. I was doing pull-ups every 10 seconds thanks to a new pull-up bar I got in my room and dumbbell curls fucking constantly. This over works the the tendons that are attached to the forearm muscles and causes them to essentially fall apart slowly. This is of course painfull and will only get worse if you continue, doing irreparable damage and hindering your gains even more in the long run. So it's better to perhaps lose some gains in the short term by resting for a couple of months so that you don't destroy your chance for gains in the future.

I didn't take a break from my powerlifting routine before taking a job as a deckhand on a Tallship.

Ended up getting tendonitis in both arms so bad my biceps turned black. Still had to hall line for another 3 weeks at sea. (with my arms locked out) Seasick pretty much the entire time.

Character building experience.

I just do towel chin ups and towel hangs for forearms now. Deadlifts are more than enough.

Another guy, mines the same way.

It seemed it's less painful when I'm warmed up, but I've stopped lifting because it's constant pain now.

It started as a twinge in my fore arm doing pull ups and got progressively worse

i discovered a new muscle i have developed near my elbow, very near to the furthest point of the tricep. it is separate from the forearm proper. what muscle is this specifically? i assume rows, chins and deadlifts help it grow.

Tfw forearms almost as big as bicep+tricep

Dead hangs 60s X 3
Now i'm actually starting with wrist curls but shit sucks, it hurts like a motherfucker, 30 X 3

I do farmer walks and wrist curls every day. If I'm feeling it, sometimes I'll do hangs after some pull ups.

During the wrist curls though, I've been noticing my wrists crack on the down motion. The cracks start to hurt at the higher weights. What's up with that?

Good shit man. I love me some thick forearms. I'm going to crush an apple one day and it's going to be glorious.

>tfw gained 5 kilograms in 3 weeks after I started playing tennis; diet and other (barely existent) exercise has stayed the same

but Veeky Forums told me tennis was a meme

10 pounds in 3 weeks is not muscle. You're either putting on water weight or you're lying about a diet change and are eating more.

I train with swords. Like practicing on my swings and strikes. But before I started any routines, my trainer said that doing pic related should increase wrist and forearm strength

Here's the pic, he said to work on the radial extension and wrist extensions with a hammer instead (or whatever seemingly heavy object you have- like a racket). Do about a hundred on each wrist. Try these sets a few times a day. Trust me, you'll get some fucking forearms.

get a rubber band, wrap it around your fingers/thumb on the nails, force hand open for reps. You fucking unbalanced muscle having plebs

homemade wrist roller, son

>keep the weight light, between 5-8 pounds
>arms straight out in front of you
>overhand grip
>all the way down and back up = 1 rep
>you can do reps (my max is 2) or just go at it for 60 seconds
>do not underestimate this exercise

If you're feeling adventuresome, use an underhand grip and hold it by your fingertips...works the fuck out of your hands and fingers

burns so deliciously

Nothing works forearms as well as farmer's walks. Grab some dumbbells, kettlebells, trap bar, etc and walk around with that shit. When I did light weights for long distance, the pump was incredible. Then I switched to heavier weights for shorter distance and there was less pump but great strength gains.