New Years Is Just Around The Corner Veeky Forums

I can feel it stalking me. The regulars at my tiny gym are already fucking retarded, I don't know if I can handle the shit news years will bring in. How do you deal with the crowds Veeky Forums?

By being a big guy

I go right when the gym opens, which is 6am for me.

Plus I don't have to talk to people.

>How do you deal with the crowds Veeky Forums?
I switch to 7am workouts, not even kidding

Fuck new years

majority of nyrs are just going to do nothing but cardio for a month and then drop out

people who will actually lift will probably just do machines/curls

same here m8

Was talking to my local gym owners today about this. Apparently, most of the NYfags are not actually new people but rather people returning. Probably because a bunch of people who are like "hurr I should get fit" are now tempted by mudruns and the like.

fucking mudruns

Id rather have crossfit back as meme discipline

>He doesn't go in the morning...he couldn't figure this out himself

Quite.

The real challenge in 2017 will be doing a "mudrun" or "colour run" and _not_ posting about it on social media.

O fuck this year went by fast

He doesn't go at 11pm with all the real gym rats.

Us real gym rats have work In the morning

I used to hit the gym at 6 in the morning when it was the most crowded in my gym. There was usually just me and some guy. It's so empty you can hear the snow.

>been a home gym guy for 8 years
>decide that it's time to register at an actual gym
>do so last month
>tfw this will be the first time in my life i get to witness the NYR flood

looking forward to all those squat racks being empty while lines form around the bitch-curl machines and the bitch-smith machines lmfao

it only lasts for 3 weeks user, is this going to be your first new years in a gym?

Been lifting seriously since 2010. This is the 1st year I've had a 9-5 job where I can really only go to the gym during rush hours. and my gym gets crazy during rush hours in the normal season

i cannot imagine the insanity after new years during rush hours.

wake me up inside
>cant wake up

>curl racks
>empty

You're gonna be in for a surprise m8

By scaring them away with feats theyll never accomplish

>me when I've been lightly regular at gyms for three years
>I'm basically the same size
>I lift slightly heavier
>I still have a big stomach
>I look like one of those every year, despite visiting December 27th

eat clean and watch macros dumbshit

Looks like you bought into the 'I can make gains on pizza and soda' meme

if you are eating clean, lifting with intensity, then get bloodwork done cost $69

Every time I go to the gym at 7 a.m. it's full of old people, it's not even less busy than at normal times. Even when I go on Friday or Saturday night at 10 p.m. it's full of fucking Chinese people. I wish there was a time when my gym was empty.

>bloodwork

Wtf??

You might have low test, if you do a bloodwork the doc can give you test.

I go to a military gym. Fucking 25 people at 6:30 am...8pm 125 people

>empty squat racks.

Nope. It's gonna be full of DYELS half repping.

>Military gym

I cant imagine a worse place
>Everyone is grunting
>Inspirational mottos everywhere
>Cardio is mandatory
>Court marshalled for OHP in squat rack
>Dishonourably discharged for failing to tip receptionist

Fuck it

this

I've found my enemy in the gym and it's a girl
she uses the only squat rack(which is a mix of squat rack and smith machine in one, would be fine but you can only use one at a time so no 2 person working out there)
she spends a fucking whole hour, not joking, in there doing meme exercises, leaving for another machine and coming back
fucking smith machine fuck all random bitch exercises with a 5kg plate each side, then sometimes she uses the free weights to do quarter squats

seriously, I've even changed the time I go so I get before or after her

As much as I wish it were like how you describe it, the gyms at the Army and AF bases I was stationed at were pretty good. Very specific dress codes, and anal about headphones, but clean, comprehensive, and not too crowded.

Great pools, too. All free.

Sadly, it wasn't until I got out that I got half a clue, and started lifting with any intentionality.

going to uni you see the people who go during new years every year and quit and the cycle continues. It is quite sad to see them literally make zero gains over 4 years

Holy fuck, it's my first January in the gym. What do? Show up at 7AM?

I love the gym in January. Literally everyone miring the most novice of lifts. Had 3 new guys standing around watching me deadlift 160kg last year like it was incredible.

Sr in high school, my school has an amazing gym. Never any NYRs. Free too.

It has already started.
DYLE jumping rope in the free weight area

Squat racks have been gaining popularity for a while

It used to be I never had to worry about getting to use the only one in my gym, now they had to add another to keep up with all the half repping curl bros and women on their never ending leg workout.

i seriously don't look like someone who lifts and every time i load up 3pl8 for volume squats people stop and look and start to wonder if i'm even going to make it through 1 rep

even had a staff member run up to me once and ask if i know what i'm doing before i started and then stood there and was amazed that i could actually do it. little do they know i can almost squat 4pl8x3x5

can't wait for january

post pic

Most of them will stop coming after the first or second gym visit. Its the sore muscles that chase them away. People are so pathetic.

My gym always has a swarm of 50+ women doing cardio for a week in the first and second week of January. All they do is piss me off by hogging all the cardio machines and I can't do my post lifting 30 minute cardio.

mirin those legs tho

they're fun to do and it's nice to have a goal
plus it stops you slacking on cardio

this year is going to be worse than ever

squat racks jam packed with gurlz trying to get that big arse that's in style all of a sudden

By taking up the free weight area for deadlifts to show my dominance

>tfw young and new dyels mindlessly wandering between equipment just give it to you when you ask how many sets they got left

>women on their never ending leg workout

Holy shit this. Seen a thicc female do 10x10 squats, rest 2 minutes between sets, then used the same bar to do romanian DLs. I'm not even sure if she did anything else afterwards because I'd already finished my routine by then.

>1st time in gym
>look at benching dude putting up 2 plates
>fuarrrkk what a sick cunt
>"oi mate show me how u lift them big weights"
>cunt looks at me and laughs
>wtf_is_wrong_with_me.jpeg
>he gets off the bench and says "alright mate lets see you complete a set
>i ly down and just start doing some reps
>do about 6 or 7 then get up
>shocked.jpeg
>he doesnt even say anything and walks off into the normie section with all the treadmills and rowing machines
>i just ly back down and start benching some more

For you

Go right before her and then take the squat rack for an hour, watch her freak out.

I always lift at 6h30am, which means that there's only a few extra normies for a few days, just until the "le wake up early and go to gym :DDDDDDDDD" enthusiasm runs out and people realize it's cold, dark, and they're tired af

> anal about headphones
how so?

Juicy legs

Whats your bench/ohp?

>empty squat racks

You realize squatting is a normie meme now right? Have fun waiting in line to lift while i lift in my garage.

mild kek

THANKS RIPPLETOE

>shift at work changes every month
>Right now I'm 12am-8am, go in at 9am after everyone else goes to work
>Gym is empty and it's perfect
>Mfw I'll be switched to 8am-4pm during the NYR rush and will have to lift during peak hours

>he doesn't have a home gym

2pl8 bench, 77.5kg ohp

Go before? Unless your commute to/from the gym or work is way too long

do you get pegged by daddy after you are done posting anime from your home gym? :)

Muh nigga

Just yesterday there was some bitch blocking the squat rack for half an hour minimum. Resting bitch face, slim but average body (6.5/10) and yoga pants ofc. First did some retarded yoga stretches that don't help with squatting at all. Then started squatting just the bar in a super saxay way for like a million sets, only to put on 5kg each to do another million sets. Finished it off, ofc, with even more yoga stretches in the rack.

Why are women this retarded?

>Home gym masterrace.
>Lift outside in the elements.
>Plenty of space for weighted carries.
Feels goodman

>half an hour

Mine did her routine for an hour and a half.

But I do know this other bitch who stretches under the squat rack, THEN uses it to do some weird gymnastic shit for around 30 minutes.

Funny thing is she's also a 6.5 with a resting bitch face lmao.

Takes me a little over an hour to get to work. It's horrible but the pay and benefits are worth it.

>an hour and a half
Dude wtf.

Worst thing is, you can't tell them to gtfo as they are to dense to understand 'how many more sets you're going to do?' as brocode for GTFO. They just see it as some weird approach or something and reply with shit like
>teehee idk a couple more

sounds comfy af. also, checked

No joke. I lifted for an hour, went to do cardio for 30 mins, came back AND THE BITCH WAS STILL doing Romanian DLs in the squat rack.

The trend recent years is more people shifting focus to weight lifting for weight loss.

It's typically the girls now shitting up everything
>tehee guys I'm special, not like the other girls
>no I squat for Dat booty lel
>but don't stare boys while I spend 45 minutes in the squat rack with my box, ball and total 25kg on a 10kg bar and using only 2.5kg plates
>but plz look at me

I wholeheartedly expect and fear that it's only getting worse next year.

Disclaimer: basing this on observations made in Scandinavia.

Is a half hour a long time to use the squat rack, really? I just started Texas method, first volume day was 300 5x5, so I was resting 3-4 minutes between sets.

what was her ass like, was it thick?

>Scandinavia.
Sup brother
Which country?
going to a commercial gym are we?

She looks like Mei from Overwatch.

work out after 20:00, my gym closes at 22:45, with enough time to work out, and not enough people to fill up all the machines Most new years resolution people either go incredibly early or after their work which is either at 08:00 AM or around 17:00

that's thicc

holla holla get anabola

lol yes. She even wore glasses like Mei. Shit, my first thought was
>Mei goes squatting

>tfw have a gym at work and no longer have to suffer the DYEL's and Hamplanets that come in for the first three weeks of January

Feels good. Can lift in peace with fellow Veeky Forumsists and motivate each other without the annoyance of plebs.

Denmark, according to my Norwegian and Swedish Bros, it's the same over there.

The new muscle girl hype is painful.

Yup, swebro here and its mostly similar
Not sure if the "tehe dont look at me" is real or they just say it because they dont seem to be there for the work out
we just gotta make it through two months, then its back to normal

How do you have enough energy to diddylift at 6am after an 8 hour fast?

They don't say it out loud. But it's what they post on social media that sends the message.

Stare rape is still top1 choice when choosing method for humblebragging about all the attention you're getting (or give the impression that you're getting attention)

Yeah i can relate
Feels like they love the attention but dont really want it
Thank god i stay away from social media ever since i saw a post by a girl (28yo) who posted on Fb that she was tired of getting hit on by guys who could be old enough to be her father

Sure i wouldnt like it if a 55 year old woman hit on me but i wouldnt make a smug post about it

I go to the gym at 6.30am and it's full of old people then, which is perfect because none of them ever use any free weights.

Hvor bor du?
9500 her