I don't get it

I don't get it.

I can't seem to gain any muscle.

In past bulking attempts, I'd quit and go back to cutting as soon as I started getting any fat.

This time I went full bore and just accepted that I'd acquire some chub.

In past bulking attempts, I didn't always eat quite as much protein as I've read I needed.

This time I went very much over the protein requirement.

STILL.

AFTER MONTHS.

ZERO change in lifts.

~ZERO change in muscle mass (by eyeballing AND according to bodyfat measurements).

But like a full fucking ~8 lbs of fat.

I'd doing PPLPPLx with basic compounds like squats, bench press, pulldowns, etc. And some crunches, side raises for glamour muscles.

Other urls found in this thread:

strengtheory.com/what-it-takes-to-break-world-records/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're not training hard enough
training too hard
not eating as much as you think
not getting enough sleep
have a hormonal or other medical problem
are lifting with bad form
are an alien
etc. etc.

>I'm doing a garbage split I found on r\fatness

Jesus man, why are you surprised you can't make gains.

Anyways let's address the even larger problem, nutrition.

When you are bulking:

1 gram of protein per pound...EXACTLY

25% of your calories from fat...EXACTLY.

Rest carbohydrates.

Protein: meat, fish, chicken, turkey

Carbs: rice, oats, potatoes, yams,

Fat: eggs, milk, beef

Eat clean. I am 100% certain you eat processed crap and eat at restaurants because of your lol no gains.

Stop. Eat. Clean. Watch. Macros.

Also stop doing your fucking trash Reddit meme routine

'Natties can overtrain' is sort of a meme. If you train full body everyday or lift for 6 hours yeah.

But most people in the fitness community consider 2-3 hours every other day 'overtraining' and the reality is that's optimal for natty gains

yeah i'm not thinking this guy is overtraining, just figured it was an obligatory option for no progress.

but yeah I highly doubt this guys benching for 3 hours and even if he was, I bet he'd be able to up the weight eventually.

but actually 2-3 hours is optimal for roid gains moreso than natty bro due to cortisol and glucose levels.

>overtraining
I forgot to mention, instead of taking a rest day, I just split one of my "non-rest day" routines in half.

So, like instead of taking Saturday off, I do half the Friday routine on Friday, and half the Friday routine on Saturday.

Think that's fucking me?

>undertraining

I lift for about 30 min everyday.

I do the home gym thing (Thanks, Craigslist), so it's just pure lifting.

doing the exact same routine as OP and my bench has gone up 25 lbs in a month. it's not the routine's fault he can't gain.

take the fucking rest days especially doing a 6 on 1 off routine which is inadvisable for a beginner anyway. lift for 60 minutes. if you're finishing in 30, you're not resting enough between sets and that's why you can't up the weight.

I've heard that arguement before and I believe if you have an easy life (I am well off, like my job, very positive person) your baseline cortisol levels are very low to start with so increased cortisol is less of a problem

And glucose levels is not hard to address. I eat right before I go to the gym, get my carbs in. I bring food with me as I always get hungry after 2 hours of lifting. I just weigh the food in advance at home.

Anyways I have started training for 2-3 hours, tons of volume, and am natty. I lift 3.5 days a week.

We shall see in the years to come if I meme'd myself or if it works.

I actually really enjoy lifting so honestly mostly my descision to lift with that much volume is because I wanted to spend more time lifting.

Also there's an element of me wanting to make the gains and prove to everyone 'you don't need roids to benefit from lifting 2-3 hours per day'

good points. I hadn't considered the different baseline cortisol levels effect.

good luck to you bro I'm sure you'll get good results with your level of commitment.

I'm not that much of beginner. I've been lifting for years, but I used to really half ass it, so I only made minimal gains. Then I graduated college and got really serious about it, made some moderate gains, but have since completely plateaued.

I do 2 min rests between each set, which I've read is about right.

OP read this:
strengtheory.com/what-it-takes-to-break-world-records/

And google "strength training non-responders".

Also this is broscience but held true for me: if you're bulking when you're shredded you'll gain with a different muscle:fat ratio than if you're bulking while you're 13+ percent bodyfat (you'll gain mostly fat).
If you pair low test+shit genetics+bulking wrong then you'll end up fat like I did. But then I cut down to single digit bodyfat percentage and my next bulk went much, much better.

I didn't fully get that, you mean if you're bulking while fat, you'll mostly gain fat?

Or if you're bulking while thin, you'll mostly gain fat?

fuck me i was honestly beginning to think that gif would never end

Thanks man. Yeah, I have been seeing some results. I don't want to sound like a douche but I think they are exceptional results for the timeframe and I attirubute those results to the volume in my routine.

I will keep at it for a few years, reach closer to my final form, and prove that volume is not determental to natties

Or perhaps I will make lol no gains and snap city myself. In that case I will also post warning people of overtraining.

So either way Veeky Forums will find out, lol

>if you're bulking while fat, you'll mostly gain fat?
This.
And if you're bulking while shredded, you'll mostly gain muscle.

This was my experience and I've read this plenty of times online as well, all though never with a scientific study to back it up, so take it with a grain of salt.

30 mins is too quick. It means you're either not doing enough exercises, or you're doing them too quickly.

Low test

In reality this is because when fatties bulk they eat the same shit tier food that made them fatties in the first place.

This shit tier food is let's say, less than ideal for development of LBM...

In addition, keep in mind, they are fatties. They are more inclined to eat +1000 surplus and say 'muh gains man getting SWOLE' where as a skeleton is more likely to eat +250...

All right. I might try that then.

This last bulk was after traveling around Europe for a month, so I had put on a few pounds of fat. So I did start this bulk already kind of fat.

I calculated I do about 130 reps/week per muscle.

That seemed fairly standard compared to the routines listed here

zinc / vitamin D defficiency is possible, do a blood test asap

also check for testosterone levels

you dont have to eat clean. I eat like shit and in 3 months my squat has gone up 70lbs, deadlift 70 lbs, and bench 30lbs. its a meme, eating clean is only necessary for cutting or being healthy

>you don't need to eat clean

Would you care to post your body user?

Hes right. Youll gain fat this way tho. If that bothers you weigh each grain of rice. Otherwise just eat like a bear and be a sick cunt like a bear.

Why would you want to gain excess amounts of fat?

Why would you want to increase the ammount of time you have to spend cutting the fat you gained (and being unable to build LBM)

Once again mr

>eat like a bear sick cunt

Would you care to post your body?

I'm not interested in a perma bulker vs bodybuilder shit flinging contest so let me just lay out my arguement and we can disagree to disagree

>bulking at a small surplus allows you to gain minimal bf%
>you gain almost as much muscle
>you reduce the amount of time you need to cut (ps excess bf % is linked to heart disease permabulk is not healthy)

That's all. OP can decide for himself if he wants to be a shredded sick cunt or a fat fuck

Your approach is better in theory, but in practice it falls flat.

The problem is you really don't know whether you're at "a small surplus, and gaining," or "barely above maintenance, and gaining fuck all."

>in practice it falls flat.

It is very easy to calculate your TDEE exactly.

Here's what you do. For one month eat exactly 2500 calories, and lift and train as normal.

At the end of the month, weigh yourself. Based on the ammount of weight you gained/lost, your TDEE can be calculated exactly.

This assumes that the ammount of excercise you do on each month is nearly the same. Which it should be. All averages out.

It's math user. You can calculate your TDEE based on your changes in weight off one month.

There is a very very direct forumula where x calorie deficient/surplus results in y pounds gained/lost.

Anyways we were talking about eating clean. user it is important. Your body composition and your lifts is a whole lot better eating 3000 calories in clean food than 3000 calories in garbage. Even with the same macros.

Eat clean- Don't drink booze = Optimal progress