Front squat vs Back squat

Which one do you prefer and which one is an overall better exercise? i read somewhere that front squats are superior to back squats but can't find any reliable information at the moment so i'm coming to the broscientists on Veeky Forums

The man whos toes are ripped says that back squats are superior.
Something something hamstring not being worked on front squat.

alternate between both of them to get best of both worlds. you can do more weight with back squats and front squats have great carry over to C&J.

FS will work your core/quads a bit more than BS.

even if you don't do oly lifts they are really good and everyone should do them

I have a neck/shoulder injury that gets agitated whenever i do back squats so i stick purely to front squats now. I was just curious because a friend asked me why and i can't really remember and there's a lot of informative Veeky Forums users who might be able to help

Well my coach basically programs front squats because they transfer better to clean and jerk. Back squats for better overall leg strength.

When we're focusing on strength, we do lots of back squats. When we're focusing on classic lifts, we do lots of front squats.

So my advice is to do more back squats than front squats. It's just has more to offer if you want strength and mass.

Is aesthetics is yer front squat is king, abs + godly looking quads. I do both however.

Front squats primarily target the quads while back squats target the quads, the glutes, and the hamstrings

Front squats may have more of a practical application if you're an oly lifter though

Back squat on 1st day front squat on 3d day masterrace.

front squats have greater demands on quads, upper back, and core, which is why you can't use as much weight. If you had to pick one, most people do back squat.

Also that picture of Lu is him doing a jerk dip I'm pretty sure

you more or less have to do both, Abadjiev is the only one who said you can just FS and even that was pretty specific to his athletes

ya he is doing that, it just looks like he's about to front squat hehe.

Front squats let the quads work harder

I sprained my back and physio advised I do front squats... I do prefer them (lanklet) but I'm looking foward to getting some back squats in again.

I'm hoping to get a lmao3plate!1 on the FS by the end of the year.

Is there a rough guide to what % your front squat is of your back squat?

This fucking chink tho jesus christ can we mire dis nigga a little. 270 front squat while weighing 20kg himself. fucking crazy shit

80-90% of high bar squat

Thanks!

What set/rep do you guys do? I'm on 8x3 at the moment, 2 mins rest.

that's fine, anything above 3 reps tends to fatigue most people's upper back for fs, but 4+ reps have their uses

I have thrown front squats in with the Russian Bear program and that calls for 3-6 reps. I find that to be a pretty good range to work within.

Can I completely replace back squats with front squats?

I enjoy FS so much more, and I'm relatively good at them for my size.

It says a lot about how much I hate back squats when I'd rather do a lift that literally involves slightly choking yourself with a barbell.

BBRRRRTTTT

Of course you can. Just do some stretching workout for your hamstrings, romanian deadlift for example.

my experience: started with back squats and switched to fs because they were easier on my knees and back. also did romain deadlifts/leg curls for hammies. got to about 315 and decided to back squats again. within about a week, could easy hit 5x5 315. so fs may be quad dominant, but there is a ton of carryover to backsquats, especially if you also do additional hamstring work

Pros Front squats
>less weight, therefore less strain on your body. can make a big difference for your knees and back
>no problem to fail a rep, just drop the bar down in front of you. Failing a back squat is way riskier.
>in general harder to fuck up with poor technique, easier to get proper depth etc.
Pros back squats
>more hamstring activation

For the average person, front squats are probably better overall.

>Pros Front squats
>less weight

stopped reading there. i found the bitch everybody, let's all gather around so we can point and laugh.

FrontSquat are better when you are doing squats alone and with no cage. Plus, you don't need to as heavy as with the backsquat.