What is the history of Veeky Forums?

>Veeky Forumstory

Unironically this

I have a pic of the board as it looked when there were no threads yet. I just need to find it.

Saturday, October 31st, 2015, 5:28:05 EST, Veeky Forums is created
Saturday, 5:28:25, the first /int/ style shitpost, a british man claiming the board for Britain
Saturday, 5:29:10, the first /pol/ style shitpost appears, a Spanish guy doing a stupid "Jew" impression.

Until present day, an endless parade of /pol/ and /int/ shitposting.

The end.

>Saturday, October 31st, 2015, 5:28:05 EST, Veeky Forums is created
Saturday, 5:28:25, the first /int/ style shitpost, a british man claiming the board for Britain
Saturday, 5:29:10, the first /pol/ style shitpost appears, a Spanish guy doing a stupid "Jew" impression.
Is this account accurate? I'm genuinely curious.

Basically a lot of us constantly spammed m**t to make a History and Philosophy board since like 2010 and he always said that it's a bad idea since it will instantly become /pol/ with dates, but he finally folded to the constant spam and created one a few years ago. Needless to say, he was right

>implying Veeky Forums isn't actually an anthroboard

Frog colony

It is accurate but it also misses the main reason why this board is shit. All the assorted conservative christians and a few other assorted abrahamics streamed in here due to the fact that this is not solely a dedicated history board.

This board would be a lot better off if the only problem was /int/ and /pol/ posters.

So Canada?

>fuck this, i'm going back to /pol/ where i can have intelligent conversations
Kills me everytime.

We are living in worst times.

I love Veeky Forums. It's just the right level of learning and braincell-death. Best board on Veeky Forums.

We need to peddle pregnant Anne Frank memes harder as a counter to the MAGA Dynasty

It started as an /int/ general.

Moot refused to make it a board because he thought it would be /pol/ with dates.

Hiroshimoot didn't give a shit, and added "humanities" purely to increase the suffering.

Last 3 can all be blamed on R*ddit

First post was, "Jesus is my favorite author. I love everything Jesus wrote. Has anybody read his books? All of his miracles are amazing. Do you think any ever happened?" by Apostle Muhammad, it was deleted.

Second post was, "Fuck You!" by Lord Jesus Christ, it was deleted.

Anne Frank memes are r/the_donald tier they're so bad and autistic

Might have something to do with the fact pregnant Anne Frankposters are overwhelmingly right-wing for some inexplicable reason

Moot tried to poison /pol/, then get rid of /pol/, then realized that making Veeky Forums would contain the shittiest /pol/ posters on the site.

>There's no history in religions.

You're the reason this board sucks, you absolute pogue.

OP here, does anyone have a good thing to say about /pol/? It kinda reminds me of tumblr desu

I guess not. I feel like I lost some valuable document.

They helped create pregnant Anne Frank

I remember those first 2 posts.
Third one was really neat also.

Was /pol/ really that dominant in 2011-2014?
I think that era should be characterized by Reddit.

From 2011 to 2014 /pol/ was very dominant as a new board and was somewhat "entertaining" since /b/ was fastly dying. It was of course mostly Wyatt Mann memes and usual merchant spamming, but it was still annoying and leaked like cancer to other boards, rise of SJW's and tumblr cancer spamming on /qa/ reinforced /pol/'s beliefs and right to exists and so moot had to """defend""" it untill he cucked out entire Veeky Forums.

But during gamergate /pol/ and /v/ signed a deal with the devil(reddit) and it all went to shit... With election and the_donald migration, /pol/ basically killed itself.

Le based fagfairy!

>/pol/
>reddit
>different things

Quarter century rule

Terrible and unfunny, wouldn't be surprised if it's true AND if mods made them.

It wasn't. But it represented moot losing his mind with regard to making new boards. I mean, just look at the board list.

First one was pinned post by Hiro. But even before that the page was blank there were no threads which looked interesting. I wish there were some pictures of that.

/pol/ used to be fine when it was Ron Paul libertarian shitposting. Even then, before the USA election nu-/pol/ wasn't that bad. Now just the sheer volume of people who came to the site through /pol/ overwhelms the other boards.

Flags is what ruined /pol/.

/pol/ used be cool when it didn't take itself too seriously.
Unironic fanatical nazi larpers, redditshit, flag banter and absolute brainlets is what ruined the board.

I would argue that this is the fatal flaw with /pol/ and nu Veeky Forums in general.

People actually take it seriously.

What's Veeky Forums 3rd post? Who posted it mod?

I blame /b/tards and their "le anonymous army legion xddd" for this shit.
It were they who started to take everything toooo fucking seriously and made Veeky Forums more and more mainstream so redditshit would ruin it in the future.

Having humanities board contrasting Veeky Forums is basically a good idea

Except I didn't say that though. The problem with Veeky Forums is that it is not a dedicated historical board and the reason why you will rarely have conversations about the historical impact of various religions is because of biased and obnoxious fundamentalists who have been given the greenlight to shitpost on here because this board is also about the humanities, including religion obviously.

meant forBit of a mistake in editing, my apologies.

it lasted exactly 1 hour before getting annexed by /pol/ and the other shitty parts of Veeky Forums

>t. fedora

t.not an argument.

>t. angry fedora

i was either a single digit post or 10,11 or 12. i posted this gif, with the caption "year of the four emperors"

i have no regrets

>>t. feral fedora

I think 2012, with George Zimmerman and then Mike Brown in 2013 is when /pol/ saw a huge influx of unironic stormfags and went to total shit. Then with Gamer Gate is began spewing on to every board.

You can't even post black athletes on Veeky Forums without is becoming a /pol/ "nigger hate thread" now.

Veeky Forums posting was one of the few redeeming things left on /pol/ and it migrated here.

They should have left /pol/ the way it was after /pol/ harbor. Now after the 2016 election it has gone stage 5 cancer level.

>t.still not an argument
>>t.too fucking lazy to actually post a picture of an ugly fat man wearing a hat.
I mean come the fuck on, does nobody bother to put some effort into shitposting anymore?

This. /pol/ should be deleted.

The nature of Veeky Forums as a site means that deleting /pol/ will not stop /pol/ posting. You'd have to basically ban people for being mean, which means the site would cease to exist within a day.

Reddit has far more censorship than Veeky Forums but subreddits like History and Philosophy are something this board can only dream of emulating.

>wanting to open a gigantic containment board so it would flood rest of boards
kys reddit parasite.

You can always go there, and you know... stay there...

He's right you know

>t./pol/ack

/pol/ got absoultely routed in the first few hours. it was hilarious to watch actually

58 replies and not a single mention of the turk tripfag.

Far from it.
I just genuinely despize reddit and everything it stands for.
You must be a newfag to tolerate reddit on Veeky Forums.

>Jeff Mangum

It is forbidden to mention his name for fear of awakening him.

Likewise, no one post a photo of Anne Frank, you know what happens when some idiot does.

Reddit is cancer, no matter how good some the boards may be at some specific times. The price we pay for unfiltered conversations here is that people are going to act like shitheads sometimes. In certain cases and with certain topics people will act like shitheads all of the time.

Let's face it, Veeky Forums is just stealth /leftypol/. Actually creating a /leftypol/ board would be an admission of defeat, conceding that the right owns /pol/ despite the fact that anyone of any political leaning can post there. So moot couldn't do that - but a lot of people genuinely wanted a history board (myself included), so moot had an excuse to add a new board. All he had to do was add 'humanities' to it as well, and voila, now leftie refugees from /pol/ have a place to bitch.

Veeky Forums should just be history, and all the pretentious faggots should be exiled to a 'Philosophy and Humanities' board.

>unfiltered conversations here
They aren't unfiltered and an overwhelming majority of them are poor even if you removed all the /int/ and /pol/ posting.

>Let's face it, Veeky Forums is just stealth /leftypol/
I don't see how people come to these conclusions without being a hard ideologue.

For some reason Veeky Forums has tons of retarted tripfag spammers.
>Nordic silesian polack
>Confederate Anne frank spammer
>Black Turk
>Swedish polish diaspora internet defense force

I won't be suprized if it's all one person.

>Veeky Forums is just stealth /leftypol/

Absolutely delusional. This board has more explicit fascists and royalists than leftists, and it's majority "radical centrist" by far. The closest thing to a leftist board on Veeky Forums was Veeky Forums before actual /leftypol/ was created, then all the leftists migrated away and theres a neglegible presence of them on the site in general. Stormfags just think anyone who isnt a /pol/bot obsessed with black dick is a cultural marxist jew.

Or a furry mind controlling some dude who shoots Mario.

>Let's face it, Veeky Forums is just stealth /leftypol/.
>The absolute state of /leftypol/
You should stay in cripplechan and continue to have autistic fight with /pol/tards in effort to "spread the word"

>Confederate Anne frank spammer

Hey, I don't use trips asshole.

I never said it was a totally effective strategy. But I've seen several instances of mods leaving up left-wing /pol/-related stuff, then banning anyone who provided counter-arguments for bringing /pol/ onto Veeky Forums. Given that the mods clearly have a left-wing bias, and the fact that 'humanities' was added in the first place, I think its clear that moot wanted Veeky Forums to lean left.

You forgot a couple.
>The imperial cult (he dropped the name because he was getting filtered)
>Dominican (also dropped the name because of filtering)
>Mexican who thinks he’s a philosopher but couldn’t keep a job at McDonald’s

>think its clear that moot wanted Veeky Forums to lean left.
You do realise moot didn't even create Veeky Forums, you utter fucking newfag...

>But I've seen several instances
And there has also been several instances where mods left up bait threads, /int/ style shitposting, and /pol/ style posts. Noticing only those type of posts says more about you than the mods.

That's the COMMONWEALTH of Veeky Forums, OP

You mean...Veeky Forums is rightfully British?

RULE BRITANNIA

You probably think kara boga posting and insulting germany/we wuzzing memes is proof the board is leftist you absolute retard. Go back to your containment board or better r/TheDonald

>mods leave few unoriginal X threads and delete B threads
>it clearly shows that mods have an conspiratorial agenda to make all of Veeky Forums posters sympathetic to X
/leftypol/tards truly are no diffirent from vanilla /pol/tards
Please go back to cripplechan or better yet, reddit.

>Veeky Forums not /Her/

Triggered.

The board was created in 2017 CE not 2017 AD btw.

>>They aren't unfiltered
They are unfiltered when compared to reddit, or most other web 2.0 sites on the internet.

>>and an overwhelming majority of them are poor even if you removed all the /int/ and /pol/ posting.
I would argue that has to do with needing a separate board for religious topics. I mentioned here that religious conservatives coming in here due to this place not being a solely secular history board is part of the problem with this board.

You people complain that Veeky Forums is /pol/ with dates but try going on /k/ even for a minute. It's like /pol/ with an extra helping of /pol/ ... I literally consider Veeky Forums my refuge after I finally stopped being able to browse /k/ daily

>I would argue that has to do with needing a separate board for religious topics
Isn't that what /x/ is for? Its for more than posting about aliens and I've seen people talk about the subject there.

Just delete /pol/ and ban them when they try overrun Veeky Forums and /int/.

>despite the fact that anyone of any political leaning can post there.

No you really can't, anybody who isn't a right wing fuckhead gets spammed off the board almost instantly. If you are not a anti-intellectual right wing moron, there is legitimately zero reason to post on /pol/ and the worst thing is that /pol/s attitude spread to all the boards to the point that even a large portion of Veeky Forums denies science for political reasons.

If Moot stayed, he would have deleted the board by now or done nothing, but Gookmoot does jack fucking shit because he's a fucking shit admin who puts malicious code into the site and is a right wing nazi himself (Hence why a huge portion of the original 2chan bailed to newsokur. Because Jap/pol/ ruined their site as well)

>>Just delete /pol/ and ban them when they try overrun Veeky Forums and /int/.
lol no, this was tried and didn't work. Besides, you seem to be thinking that Veeky Forums was only ironically racist before /pol/ existed, that's hilariously wrong.

Yes but the problem is that since this board includes religion under the humanities label they have the excuse to stream in here and shit things up.

red pill me on the malicious code please

People asked for a history board a bunch. History threads were relatively common on /int/ and /pol/ at the time, and when it was made we were gleeful.
Then the & Humanities was added at the request of some people, and the annoying ass religious bullshit got poured on top of the pile of historical stuff.
Meanwhile, Holocaust threads got so cancerous that several people just filtered them.
Besides that, early Veeky Forums was pretty fun. My first thread was a china thread and we had some fun discussion.

Can't even post actual humanities subjects here without mods deleting it for being "political" (only because /pol/ throws a hissyfit over anything to do with sociology). Yet the thinly veiled /pol/shit like religion threads are allowed to be spammed all the time.

Malicious code was originally found by /g/

>lol no, this was tried and didn't work
Uh, yeah it did work. Moot got sick of all the stormfags on /new/ and deleted the board. The site didn't implode and continued functioning more or less as normal. But people kept bitching at him in email and to the mods on IRC for a place to contain all the political discussions on /b/ and /int/ and a couple other places, so he reopened /pol/ with the caveat that he'd delete it if it got overrun by Nazis again.

And for a couple years the board was alright, if full of stupid people from /b/ who thought they understood politics, and the nazis were just one group among several. But over time the right wing people gradually shut out most of the others, and when the 2016 election happened and the board hasn't been the same since.

At this point there would be a huge clusterfuck if /pol/ was deleted because it's grown to such an immense size, but I remain convinced the vast majority of people who post on /pol/ are newfags from reddit, facebook etc and if you deleted /pol/ they'd simply stop coming to Veeky Forums since it's the only board they care about.

Veeky Forums used to be combinations Veeky Forums, /int/, and /tv/. After a year of driving off drones of mindless /pol/tards, Veeky Forums was lost in the abyss. Now it's not even a pale shadow of it's former self, the old userbase has been flooded by new/pol/fags.

2015-2016 Veeky Forums - Humorous and serious discussions exist. /tv/ memes existed, Veeky Forums books were discussed, and /int/ meant that regional history was often explored.
2017+ Veeky Forums - Unironic retardation almost every thread, hordes of /pol/, no end in sight.

It was fun while it lasted.

2010-2014 belongs to /v/

this was obviously made by some /pol/ack with blinkers on.

/pol/ was barely relevant untill a couple of years ago when alt right and alt right larpers came in drones from youtube and fucking exploded around the election.

2015 - present day belongs to /pol/ (maga) and the kekistanians

I'm a commie who commieposts there and it's the only politics board (save I guess /leftpol/) that I've never been banned from. It's still full of obnoxious brainlets but it's our own fault for not outshitposting the shitposters. I think there's a lot of value in anonymous political discussion with a mod team that doesn't ban over ideology, I just wish the nazi brainlets would fuck off already, or at least stay in their home board.

Wish Veeky Forums was just a history board though and I try to stay away from the ideological shitflinging. & humanities was a mistake.

History is inherently politically loaded. There is no way Veeky Forums could ever become a decent board.

It is, but that doesn't mean we have to turn half the threads into ideological shitflinging.

This is why I say pregnant Anne Frank x Charles II was a genuine improvement.

Who could have knew flag cancer could be such a fucking cancer...