What does Veeky Forums think about beans? Are they a good Veeky Forumsness food? I'm looking for cheap and easy meals

What does Veeky Forums think about beans? Are they a good Veeky Forumsness food? I'm looking for cheap and easy meals.

One of the best carbs you can eat. Also, if you go for the red ones you'll get a shitton of protons.

> Cheap and Easy meals

Tuna and Eggs boi.
Fruits and Veggies are cheap too if you grab them frozen.

Kidney beans?

Wow, 24g per 100g is fucking amazing. Thanks for the tip.

I really hate tuna or I would do this. Stuff that lasts a long time is excellent. I'm already doing bags of frozen veg. Just looking for a way to bulk up my meals a bit.

Beans are good, but you'd better be rehydrating them rather than buying them in cans.

>disodium EDTA
>if not that then way too much sodium
>if no EDTA and no salt added then expensive af per can
>xenoestrogens in can lining

Getting dried beans and rehydrating/cooking them yourself is really the only way to go.

>cheap af per pound
>easy to do (don't listen to faggots saying it takes hours to boil)
>you know exactly what's in it
>excellent for protein and dietary fiber

Soak 2 cups of dried beans overnight in cold water about two inches above the top of the beans. Add a tablespoon of baking soda to the water. Drain and rinse with cold water until the rinsing water runs clear. Add water to two inches above level of beans and bring to boil, they'll be soft usually in about 15 minutes. I set the timer for 10 and then do taste tests until they're as soft as I want.

Holy shit, apparently these are 36g per 100. Probably be difficult to buy though.

>xenoestrogens in can lining
Ouch. I'm already really careful about stuff like this. Was not aware of this one. Thanks for the heads up.

What should I store them in? Plastic is bad too.

Saved your post for the detailed instructions. Cheers.

Proper beans (kidney beans, mexican beans, etc and lentils) are pretty much the best carb you can get unless you're competing in a show.

Baked beans with less sugar are pretty decent, american ones(x3 sugar content) are trash.

What can you eat with them? Normally I'd think rice but...

i'm on a gear assisted super cut.

Basically my meals are

Shoulder steaks/chicken/pork topside and my carb source is a combination of kidney beans and baked beans with a little 0% fat buttermilk.

I put em in a baking container and mix em and after 15 mins in the oven they're pretty tasty.

If you're feeling cheeky you can add some mozarella in the bean mix as well.

post i mean.

Some beans have more protein than chicken and other meats by weight

They're also far cheaper and contain some extra nutrition and fibre

Not making beans part of your healthy diet is simply retarded

Sounds fucking delicious. Nice tips, thanks.

Are you honestly asking what to eat with beans?

Pretty much any meat and veg- particularly tomato and pork (hence many chilli's) and curries but literally about 70% of food in general.

>Some beans have more protein than chicken and other meats by weight

Yes. I've always eaten rice with beans. Bad habit of having carbs with my carbs.

Big glass jars are what I like to use, you can usually find them at dollar stores. I like the ones with the rubber gaskets and chest latches, but that's really just a personal preference.

Great. I'm going to start right away.

Also I should make it clear that you add the baking soda to the beans before adding the water to soak them. And stir that shit up a bit before putting it aside overnight so it dissolves evenly.

>implying anyone has time for this shit

Even lord gooby recommends canned beans

>I don't have time to take things out of a packet and put them in a bowl

wat

>I don't have five minutes to put water on beans
>I also don't have twenty minutes to cook them the next day

I fucking hate people like you.

They also have more calories by weight.

use your brain.

>not taking the time to prepare your food the right way
>making it

Pick one loser

Thanks. Ordered a bunch of dried beans, jars and some baking soda.

I even filter my cooking water to stop estrogen and other contaminants in the water supply. Enjoy your breasts, I guess.

BIOAVAILABILITY

Jesus the salt is real. You waste as much time as you want guys, ill be busy banging yur mom with my extra half hour day.

Bioavailability what, retard?

>Cheeky full english on a bulk
1000 calories of greasy but somewhat healthy (keep those hash browns and pieces of toast out) greatness.

estradiol is a tiny tiny molecule with like < 30 atoms, I'm having a hard time imagining that a water filter can actually filter that out

>somewhat healthy

Keep all carb source away (keep tomatoes/mushrooms and maybe some toast) and it's pretty good for a gear assisted bulk.

Fried bread though, that is some seriously fucked up shit, it's no wonder the UK is the most obese by a huge margin in europe.

It was usually 50 year old hamplanets that ate fried bread too, all I could taste was oil and breadcrumbs.

You're welcome. It took me a while to figure out how to do the dried beans properly, they were always either too chewy or just dissolved. I actually learned about the baking soda thing from Martha Stewart of all people.

Works like a charm.

Fuck that looks disgusting. I mean how the fuck can you even make mushrooms disgusting?

Dat guilty pleasure. I fucking love a full English, hands down the best meal I've had ever since I moved here.

>Fried bread

Agreedl. Toast and hash browns are delicious tho

Canned beans are godtier.

It's one of those meals that looks like a fucking horrible, greasy, pile of shit but tastes so good you don't give a shit.

I mean black pudding alone looks like a rotten hamburger.

>High carbs offset by OP fibre levels
>Moderate protein
>Cheap

I eat them as a snack when I'm on a bulk, just eating them straight from the tin with a fork. Even better if you put a bit of chilli or Worcester sauce in.

> Pic related; Brandson Beans master race

Drain the ketchup
Add soy sauce or worcestershire sauce
Add dash of paprika
Add tiny bit of butter
Microwave for 60s

Best way to enjoy most baked beans without cooking

Its gonna take more than a half hour to dig that bitch up

Not all canned beans are bad. The kind I get are in BPA-free cans and have no added salt. I usually keep 4 or so in the pantry for when I don't have time to soak or cook beans myself. I keep lots of different dried beans/lentils too.

>All these steps

Nigga, the whole point of beans is that they're easy. If I could just drink them straight out of the tin and save using a fork I would.

Who wants to sponsor my "Sports Cap Beans Tin" kick-start?

>Putting a dash of paprika on something is too complicated for me

Good job, you're a manchild

>Literally quoting the easiest step of five unnecessary steps

Stop strawmanning, senpai

>24g per 100g is fucking amazing
Protein powder.

>Putting beans in a bowl is too complicated for me
>Squirting a sauce on beans is too complicated for me
>Buttering something is too complicated for me

>Also I have to get outrageously buttirate at people on the internet when I'm acting like a manchild

Good job, you're special ed and a manchild

Please tell me you can get those in Canada. I'm at my wits end trying to find canned beans that fit those criteria that aren't $4 a fucking tin.

>eat beans every day
>get 200-300% for daily fiber intake
>150% of daily potassium
>300% daily folate
>300-400% daily iron

beans are life

Other option is to boil water and beans and set aside hot with cover 1 hour rather than cold soak overnight. In this case you still drain, add new water. and re boil to finish.

Overnight is easier really.

>Some beans have more protein than chicken and other meats by weight

Comparing dry beans with wet meat is fucking retarded. Lying vegan shills.

I'm in the US and they're just store brand Whole Foods canned beans. 79 cents a can, only ingredients are beans and water. 24g protein per can.

too much fiber, good for quick meals here and there but the gas and bloating they will give you from eating them frequently will make your life miserable.

>too much fiber
>gas and bloating

stick to your 12g a day and enjoy the inevitable stroke

>too much fiber,
>what are net carbs

Can I mash the beans? Also what to mix them with for taste?

>black beans, kidney beans

Tomato, peppers, hot sauce, sweet corn, lime, mexican flavorings in general

>black-eyed peas, chickpeas, white beans

Lemon juice, green onion, garlic powder, black pepper

>lentils

Onion, tomato, mushrooms, carrots

Tomato paste, mustard, raw onions, cabbage
Can also sneak in some ham

>lentils
For poo in loo style add ginger and garlic.

Horseradish is nice too

I fucking love this board. Thanks

I prefer red lentils if I'm going for curry kind of spices. I also had a weird sweet green lentil dish once where you simmer it in orange juice and spice it with cloves. That was pretty good.

That looks foul but I need it in me. Fucking cut.

I'm making my first poo in loo style red lentils today, wish me luck.

What's the baking soda for with respect to the beans?

Also do you wash/rinse the beans before cooking them (like you do to rice)?

I don't know exactly what the baking soda does to the beans at a molecular level, all I know is that it drastically reduces the cooking time when added to the soaking water.

And yes I always thoroughly rinse my beans after they've been soaked and again after they've been boiled. Again I don't know if this actually makes a difference it's just what I've been doing and the results have always been positive.

Is that only 1000?
I couldn't eat that much.

Protein powder doesn't come with the fiber and micros of beans though. Even if beans aren't a complete protein, you're not just eating a bowl of beans I hope. A bean dish will be miles ahead of protein powder

Not even. The protein to calorie ratio can't come close to beans. Beans are a good carb source but a horrible protein source.

Beans are the best carb source for maximizing protein.

Generally 6 or 7.5g protein per 100 calories. Bread, rice , pasta, etc cant come close

>Beans are a good carb source but a horrible protein source.

Not if you're eating a reasonable amount of protein rather than 400g+ per day t-nation bullshit

i;m thinking about thos beans

How'd it take so long for someone to post this?

>Implying I'm not just eating a bowl of beans

>processed shit over a natural ingredient containing all kinds of vitamins, magnesium AND carbs

Veeky Forums - Fitness & HEALTH everybody

fucking kill yourselves

But it's not Fitness & Health

Veeky Forums - Oats and Squats

Nothing to do with health, senpai.

that pic is far more than 1000 calories mate

they grow that way. Mushrooms always fail to taste good

>fried blood
>not dogshit plebbo tier food

>what is protein quality

Lentils are fucking great with tomatoes and chicken. Basically soups, buy a recipe book fag.

Protein quality of legumes is fine, and also if you consume animal protein at the same time it increases absorption of plant protein substantially.

Legumes are extremely cheap per unit of protein and calorie, also very healthy, tasty and versatile. Healthier and more nutritious than certain grass grains like rice.

The main point here is that it is often smarter to eat legumes as a source of both carbohydrates and protein, rather than eating something like rice in combination with an isolated protein source like an animal product. Instead you may choose to eat only half the amount of animal products and get the other half of your protons from lentils or beans.

lololololol that pic is several thousand cals at least. also isnt a full english breakfast meant to be for a few people to share?

>if you consume animal protein at the same time it increases absorption of plant protein substantially.
I don't know about that. Is that solidly proven?

But I agree legumes are great, very rich in nutrients including zinc.

0/10

just tried this out, baked beans in tomato sauce with buttermilk & chicken breast bits in it (also cracked an egg into it)

10/10, thanks a bunch