I just find all this african gym meme shit fascinating

I just find all this african gym meme shit fascinating.

Follow me on the topic.
How much aesthetics can you become if you only have calisthenics and concrete weights?

Also, how much you can homemade gym equipment?

Barbells and Drumbells are easy to make with concrete and some pipe.
I'm sure you can make pushups harder by using a homemade weight vest which is nothing more than a school backpad with some sand bags on it.

A Pull up bar may be harder to make but nothing impossible, most parks have that.

Again, the legs could be workout with said backpad filled with sand and squating.

I think the harder gym equipment to make at home would be the lat machine, but wonder if there are some way to replace it by some concrete shit.

I dunno, what'd ya think?
How could you built an african gym Veeky Forums?

I'm 99% sure you can get ottermode with some concrete weights and calysthenics, I have seen some african gym bodybuilders and they look ripped as fuck.
How is it possible?

there's tons of street workout channels on Youtube, it's basically what you're talking about

But yeah I think you can build a decent gym if you have access to alot of trash
At the very least, you'd be able to find some substitute for the major compound lifts

yeah, is an interesting topic, I don't think street workout guys have concrete weights.

how would you replace a lat machine?

Weight is weight, if it works for you then go for it.

>weighted vests
Never say those words on this board.

why?

Pullups...you know, the thing the lat machine is mimicking...

dont be a faggot

What's the purpose of having such expensive machines if push ups can be enough.
Or weighted pushups for that matter.

no, I'm new to that meme.

Theyre just bad. Don't get one. Don't use one. Don't ask about them.

Pushups use minimal amount of your bodyweight and are not difficult. You would need a lot of you weight on your back to successfully mimic a bench press, which is literally a wooden board and heavy pole. Not expensive.

Pull ups are difficult from the get go, and adding weight is simple.

Lat machines are for weak fucks who can't pull up.

wouldn't a vertical push up literally a perfect replacement for a lat machine, since you would be lifting your entire body?

What did he mean by this?

>Pushups use minimal amount of your bodyweight and are not difficult
wrong
i lift for years and hardly do 10 pushups in a row

Autism

Did some time in federal prison a few years ago. We used a similar setup. Every federal prison built after 1999 only has machines to build lower body muscles, so we had to rig shit together to act as weights.

We had an iron bar, milk crates, and rocks. We had sets of large landscaping rocks weighed out at the warehouse so we knew how much each rock was roughly. Someone would steal the iron bar from the welding shop and we'd use it until the CO would find it out on the yard and take it. We would wait about a week and steal it back. It fit perfectly inside the aluminum park benches that we had on the yard.

We would work out in "cars" of 3-5 people. The head of each car would talk to the other cars to work out scheduling and where everything will be hidden.

You would be surprised how fit you can get with a few rocks and alot of free time. A few of the COs were 'mirin hard one time and had a special steroid urinalysis brought in for half a dozen if us. I'm not sure what it tested for, but everyone passed.

>vertical push up
What, as in doing a handstand and pushing your torso away from the ground? Then not the same because you pull a lat machine.

There's something seriously wrong there. What do you bench?

Pushups only use like 75% of your bodyweight. You must be fat as fuck.

wat

Why are there only machines for lower body? So you can't train you upper body, so your punches/attacks agains other inmates or guards aren't more effective?

wat

that sounds fucking hilarious m8, were you guys just like scooby doo running between doors while guards looked the other way? what the fuck? I thought prisons were just rapefest shitholes? that sounds comfy desu

>tfw you break the law and the government rewards you by putting you in a giant gym for years

That's it. The fat guards got tired of getting their ass beat. The guards didn't want to cause riots by removing the weight rooms, so in 1999 Congress passed a bill that said no more money can be spent on upper body weight machines or plates in general. All the prisons built after 1999 don't have weight stacks and if any machines break, the prison has to throw them out.

We had a few treadmills, a situp station, and a situp machine. We also had stuff like a running path, softball equipment, soccer balls, and basketball (of course). We had golf clubs for about a week until the COs started using them during their breaks and they ended up just keeping them eventually.

>like scooby doo

Yeah, that's how everything was. You'd see people scurrying around with stolen food from the kitchen or cell phone or running out to the motel to get some strange.

i dont bench

im not

huh?

what the fug. also how did you get enough food to make gains there? could you go back for second portions of the prison gruel they were serving and just IFIYM whatever the fuck you could get? I don't know why this story is enthralling me like it is

>How much aesthetics can you become if you only have calisthenics and concrete weights?

if your goal is to look good? no limit really. they have a barbell, they have dumbbells. When it comes to hypertrophy all statistics show it doesnt matter how many reps you do as long as you are metabolically overloading the muscles. Hypertrophy is not only tears, its metabolic stress as well.

Strength would be harder considering they would need heavier weights, but I guess that depends on what they have available.

lol

You dont need a lot of protein to maximize gains. people who over do protein are fuckin retarded and leading theirselves towards excessive body fat

Milk and peanut butter. GOMAD was like a religion in there. They had free milk in the morning, so we'd have to go in with our own water bottles and steal as much as possible in the morning.

We couldn't officially get seconds, but alot of the time there would be leftovers and we could get as much as we wanted.

There was also alot of food available on the commissary. And the guys who work in the food service warehouse would sell food too.

>I don't bench

>current year
>using machines

>"I lift"
>"I don't bench"
Pick one.

depth of field

a normie fit black guy will always not ripped compared to a normie fit white guy in a photo. Same reason BBers bronze.

IRL they don't look nearly as fit or ripped

thicc would nut in boi pucci

lmao that picture

Is this shopped?

Did you join a gang?

sup newfag

huh?

first one?

Not a perfect comparison, but my dad is big on this sort of resistance training. He doesn't like being inside a gym, he prefers doing a mix of cross-training outside. He'll toss around medicine balls and sand bags, squat with the sand bag, do push-ups and pull-ups and dips with a weighted vest. On top of this, he'll do football-specific drills: pushing sleds, up-downs (or burpees), etc.

Whether you can get ottermode or not going to be at least partially dependent on genetics. He played football in college, and is still around 6'3" 225.

south african gyms are world class btw

>How is it possible?
Black People have extreme good Genes when it comes to build Muscles in General. White People have it way harder to look like this. If you are Black and Natural, you can look like that in 2 years with minimum amount.

>wake up at 7 am in Niger, Africa
>get out of bedroom tent and go to chief Tyrone's tent for my breakfast
>take a cup and put some protein powder in it
>im lucky it rained yesterday otherwise i would have to eat that in powder
>go to gym for morning exercise
>shit daquan is already there using the only barbell we stole from american tourist camps
>use the time he lifts to search for rocks a bit bigger than last time because linear progression
>find two big rocks bugger than last time
>use a hammer and iron rod to make a hole
>carry them to daquan and ask for my turn
>put the barbell on two small trees so I can squat
>load up barbell
>get under it
>lift but rocks fall off
>shit i forgot to use small rocks as locking collars

How the fuck has no body brought up the fact that steroids are cheap as all fuck in 3rd world countries especially Africa. I remember falling for the meme myself untill I was in south africa and seeing how cheap gear goes around for.

Look at some photos of the guys using makeshift weights, u think they have enough money to be eating quality regimented foods day to day? Hell no.

tl;dr >You all fell for the black genes meme

Wait, steroids are cheap in third world countries? But aren't they expensive in places like US/AUS/UK? Did I fall for the meme or is gear expensive over here?

Shit bait only cuckolds will take seriously

Because people in Thailand/China just steal the required chemicals used to brew them, have no quality controlls and sell them with a 500% mark-up over the internet

Buying unregulated ???-anabolics from a truck stop in Mexico is insane enough, imagine doing the same in Ethiopia.

>Pushups use minimal amount of your bodyweight and are not difficult.

You must be a skinny manlet. Push-ups use 70% of your body weight. Knee push-ups use about 50%.

For a 200 lb man, that would be 140 lbs and 100 lbs of resistance respectively.

One arm push-ups would naturally double the resistance to be effectively 280 lbs and 200 lbs respectively.

The 40/60/80 lb gaps between push-up types can be bridged with an 80 lb weight vest.

Assuming you get to true one arm push-ups, you can't ups use the vest to get the effective resistance up to 360 lbs.

The average lifter wouldn't even get close to this level of bench press.

Oh, and push-ups allow your scapula to move down and forward, giving a better peck contraction.