I can swim 500m in 10:30 with breast stroke...

I can swim 500m in 10:30 with breast stroke. how much would this time be cut down if I transitioned to front crawl with a session or two of technique training? height:6'5", weight:210 pounds
Also general selection thread

Other urls found in this thread:

tallslimtees.com/gallery/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

for Para rescue

What? For the navy seals? lol to be honest those charts are way easier than I thought, 80 push ups isnt even hard if you're in shape. 500 yard swim a piece of cake, what I'm surprised is the 1.5miles in 9 minutes...lol even someone out of shape can do that

minimum standard to be looked at. They don't ship you off to kill Hajis right after you pass the test

There is no exact correlation, But you could Easily drop 1min+ off your time, more if you can breath right and more when it's second nature.

Also you should know that they even pad the competitive score. Plently of guys can fuckin destroy those and if you get a bunch of those at once...Suddenly you end up at the bottom of the class.

Is there a decent 2 week program you would recommend?

I thought they required breast or side-stroke only for their PST standards?

But to answer your question, you'd definitely see a reduction in time if you're already decent at 500 m freestyle. If you haven't done 500 m freestyle or any type of medium to long-distance freestyle, you might slow down a bit since the breathing can be different.

That being said, freestyle is much more efficient and your forward momentum is better sustained since there's virtually no part of the stroke where you slow down significantly. As to how much time would be cut down? Can't say for certain. I myself swam recreationally at the university pool and could do an 8:30 450 m swim w/ breast. Forget my 400 m freestyle time, was probably pretty shit compared to the breast stroke time, maybe somewhere north of 7:30 if I really pushed it.

Lol. The selection scores are entry level in the truest form of the word. That's the whole point- to get able-bodied men to apply. The exceeding scores are easily attainable by anyone who takes fitness seriously. Do yourself a favor hefty- drop about 30 before you even think about getting through the real training, not the pleb screening test

You think 210# at 6'5" is hefty? there's no fat on me, I'm trying to gain weight because I know I'll lose some in training. 180# at my height is skeletor mode

Post video of you doing 80 chest to deck pushups in 2 minutes

naw, I have no idea your fitness level, just stop by your nearest uni/college and ask around for the swim coach.

That or join a club/ get a program from a club coach.

either of these are+90000 social gains

Eehhhhh, i agree about most of what you're saying but 1.5 miles at a 6 minute pace isn't as easy as you make it sound. It's not HARD, but not "anyone" can do it.

You're not going to lose "some". You're going to drop to about 180 during the training. It is better to get your body prepared for the inconceivable amount of PT while running on fumes as opposed to shocking your body when it's not used to it beforehand. Average SEAL weighs about 175 out of SQT. Or don't listen and just do what you want bro- it's your life.

>not going for CCT

Enjoy being surrounded by annoying douchebags in board shorts and flip flops who are all wearing Diesel cologne.

Anyway, don't make the switch. Do 50m sprints for about 2 weeks twice a week for your swim workout, then work on 100m sprints twice a week for your swim workout. I went from 500m at 10:37 to 9:52 in 3 months at 6'4"/208.

Best of luck, frogman.

Jesus Christ that's old. Is that something your recruiter gave you? That template is from like, 2007 I think.

Nice meme stats breh

6 min mile isn't in itself hard, but continuing that pace for another half mile is what gets most. The run isn't even the hard part of the PAST, it's the fucking swim. I've seen so many drop out just from the swim alone. At selection, we started with 110 for CCT/SOWT and 15 minutes later we were down to like 70 or so because so many couldn't swim.

Freestyle is wayyyy faster than breaststroke. I swam the 500 in college. Best time was 4:42 although that was 500 yd so the time would be slower for 500m. Any other questions?

Have you ever seen a video of people at BUD/S crank out a crisp freestyle bro? No shit it's faster.

What is the average height of the seals that weigh 175? Guaranteed its nowhere close to 6'5"

What was your breaststroke time?

210 sure as fuck isn't the average weight for a 6'5 candidate chief

I'm dry-heaving just thinking about swimming 5.5 weighing 210 with fucking fins and current burning all those calories.

I think you're just having a hard time relating weight to a height that you're not tallslimtees.com/gallery/ check out the models here. it sounds heavy but at that height it's skelly

whats the difference between CRO and para rescue?

Trying to get my 2 mile run time down. I'm maxing out at 15:00, but I can run 5 miles in just over 40:00. Idk why I can't push a faster pace on shorter runs.
Halp