When did you realize that brown rice was a meme Veeky Forums?

When did you realize that brown rice was a meme Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/video/worth-switching-white-rice-brown/
nutritionfacts.org/video/brown-black-purple-red-unlike-white-rice/
nutritionfacts.org/video/gut-microbiome-strike-it-rich-with-whole-grains/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9...ubmed_RVDocSum
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2...ubmed_RVDocSum
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0.5g/kg to g/lb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this is a VERY good question
and honestly about 6 years into my lifting campaign

Nutritionally, no doubt.
Culinarily though, it has its own taste and texture which sets it apart from other rice.
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it just because it's a """"""""""meme""""""""""

The first time I cooked it and it tasted like ass

White rice is just sugar tho

>what is the glycemic index?

>culinarily
Wew

>I like processed rice better so actual rice is some sort of joke that suckers fall for!

Not so fast

nutritionfacts.org/video/worth-switching-white-rice-brown/
nutritionfacts.org/video/brown-black-purple-red-unlike-white-rice/
nutritionfacts.org/video/gut-microbiome-strike-it-rich-with-whole-grains/

>eating rice
>while not on GH and insulin

enjoy being a fat piece of shit.

>carbs turn into fat! fat turns into carbs! he he he, I'm a scientist!

I'll raise you one

Comparison of the nutritional value between brown rice and white rice

Callegaro Mda D, Tirapegui J. Arq Gastroenterol. 1996 Oct-Dec;33(4):225-31.

Cereals are considered an important source of nutrients both in human and animal nourishment. In this paper nutritional value of brown rice is compared to that of white rice in relation to nutrients. Results show that despite higher nutrients contents of brown rice compared to white rice, experimental data does not provide evidence that the brown rice diet is better than the diet based on white rice. Possible antinutritional factors present in brown rice have adverse effects on bioavailability of this cereal nutrients.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9...ubmed_RVDocSum

>says brown rice
>shows a picture of white rice
Facepalm

>Can't read OP
>Facepalm

The rice in that bowl is as white as my bleached asshole. The post says brown rice.

I can't find a full text of this and it doesn't really give any data. Whatever failed experimental data they would be citing, the above videos cite experimental studies showing differences in blood sugar, CRP, and blood pressure, with benefit for brown rice. I wouldn't put much stake in that paper published in an obscure south american journal.

The picture literally says white rice.

Are you retarded?

Is this better lad?

Effects of brown rice on apparent digestibility and balance of nutrients in young men on low protein diets

J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 1987 Jun;33(3):207-18. .Miyoshi H, Okuda T, Okuda K, Koishi H.

The effect of brown rice with low protein intake was studied in five healthy young men. Feces were weighed, the digestibility of nutrients was determined, and blood tests were made. Each subject followed a diet consisting mainly of polished rice for 14 days and one consisting mainly of brown rice for 8 days. Both diets contained 0.5 g protein per kg of body weight. The brown rice diet had 3 times as much dietary fiber as the polished rice diet. On the brown rice diet, fecal weight increased, and apparent digestibility of energy, protein, and fat decreased, as did the absorption rates of Na, K, and P. The nitrogen balance was negative on both diets, but more negative on the brown rice diet. The phosphorus balance on the brown rice diet was significantly negative, but other minerals were not affected by the diet. The levels of cholesterol and minerals in the plasma were not significantly different on the polished rice diet and the brown rice diet. Comparing these results with data on standard protein intake (Miyoshi, H. et al (1986) J. Nutr. Sci. Vitaminol., 32, 581-589.), we concluded that brown rice reduced protein digestibility and nitrogen balance.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2...ubmed_RVDocSum

a relatively healthy body gives roughly 0 fucks about whether you put brown or white rice in it

>The effect of brown rice with low protein intake was studied in five healthy young men

What are you trying to learn from this study?

The original post says brown rice.
The picture is white rice. Wtf is going on here

Well in my opinion it tastes like utter shit, too nutty and I don't like the fact you have to cook the bollocks off it compared to white rice. So yeah, despite it's nutritional awesomeness, I tend to avoid the shit.

But then some people love it so swings and roundabouts I guess.

After a year of eating it.

Fuck off retard

Brown rice tastes better to me and has a unique texture. I couldn't give less of a shit which kind is healthier desu

Bro its 1g protein per lb of body weight. How is this low? Its the fucken standard.

hole up so yous syin I shouild eat at shit jus cuz it tase ggod naw nigga I'm good.

Just fucking eat quinoa. Tastes like a better version of rice and has an infinitely better profile.

I stay at 7-8% fat year-round thanks to it.

Jasmine rice is best rice

About the same time that I realized that all grains are basically useless.

I still love bread though.

That's correct.

I don't eat rice too often and when I do I want it to not taste like ass. So I have delicious jasmine rice at those times.

What'd you mean by this?

Try reading what he wrote. It literally says 0.5g of protein per kg of bodyweight

This

These papers are about the contribution of a handful of minerals in brown rice not being much different than that in white rice. That's not what matters when comparing the two foods; that's like eating a spoonful of sugar and a vitamin C pill and saying that's better than eating fruit. Not dying of a stroke, or not developing colon cancer, or having a healthy blood pressure is what makes brown rice the better option.

With that logic, the entire population of Japan should have diabetes and be fat since they eat it with nearly every meal.

That he's an idiot and doesn't think its a word

White rice is like white bread. Peasant food.

I don't give a shit if the nutritional difference is in fact tiny. White rice is for poor people, and if you eat it we can't be bros.

which is why they have a bmi for obesity of like 24, right

because its so hard for them to get the betus

pro tip: if a skinny person has the type ii betus theyre either old or asian

>made Omurice to spice things up a bit after weeks of just normal eggs

>can't stop frying the rice in ketchup now

I know I am maybe making it worse, but fuck it, it's too good that way.

my mom always cooked with white rice but when i go to asian restaurants i gotta get that brown

Which translates to 1g per lb. Are you daft?

what about its GI?

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0.5g/kg to g/lb

1 kg is 2.2 pounds, not the other way around. A 120 pound japanese man in that study would be getting 27g of protein a day.