What does Veeky Forums think of this?

What does Veeky Forums think of this?

He thinks materialism is evil
Not sure why though

too Heroic for this world.
Veeky Forumslets fear him.
>materialism is anti-Chad
>Evola is a hyper Chad

The guy believed he could conjure up gold by practicing ancient poo in the loo magic.
Sapienti sat.

Smarter and more consistent than most reactionaries, he realized that right wing thought is pure idealism and defended it from that perspective, whereas most capitalists and fascists try to defend the material verifiability of the superiority of their system, which is self defeating because they are based on immaterial, non-verifiable assumptions about "human nature"

Should be essential reading desu.

That doesn't confront the subject though, that just tells us you don't like him therefore he's wrong.

Capitalism has massively increased standards of living around the world. A poor person today lives in absolute luxury compared to a poor person a century ago. He doesn't seem to provide any realistic alternative all he said is "Both sides are wrong, I'm so smart because I reject them both".

>you don't like him therefore he's wrong.

The arrow of causality may point the other way there.

I think he's saying that measuring how well a person off purely by material standards is a poor way to measure humanity because it naturally does not use data on other metrics that can't easily be quantified, such as "happiness" and "fulfillment."

not capitalism, but technological advancement

capitalism is at best a catalyst with significant undesirable side effects

ps: I'm not arguing for materialistic egalitarianism either

>go to so called poverty stricken africa and the people there are actually happy
>go to the West and the people there are miserable, filled with mental illness and addicted to anti-depressants
usually the response is
>b-b-but the africans ARE misrebale, they just don’t know it
so they don’t know how they feel?

Actually, Scandinavians are the happiest people on earth and Africans are some of the least happy, according to the World Happiness Report.

(But it is not like it is a 1:1 relation between wealth/equality and happiness. Brazil is happier than Portugal, for instance.)

>poverty stricken africa and the people there are actually happy
Bad example, you're better off pointing to places in the Americas. Demonstrates the Easterlin paradox, where happiness correlates with material wealth only up to the point of satisfying essentials, and past that it starts to get tenuous.

well no shit but you have to fucking start somewhere and it's a damn sight better than when people had fuck-all, were starving, AND nobody gave a fuck if they were "fulfilled" or not

His kind of observation is just faux wisdom. He's saying nothing meaningful and insightful

Don't the Scandinavians take a shitload of anti-depressents though? I'm not saying they shouldn't count because of it, but I do wonder how much their rating would drop if the happiness drugs were cut off.

No. Wealth and goods are pretty much what it's all about.

>Muh spirituality

Well-off middle-class idiots who got all the basics covered should fuck off.

Not enough to have any meaningful impact on something like this.

It's not like all Scandis are running around eating pills, it's still a very small minority of depressed people.

those are meme statistics

No other economic system incentivizes technologically advancement as strongly as Capitalism. We'd still be living in the 50s tech wise if we lived under communism.

Capitalism is a system of economics. The social system is not reflective of the pursuant economic system, and can be adjusted accordingly. Marxism is based almost entirely around changing social systems to effect economic change. Evola was autistic.

Tbqh, Evola is wrong when he says capitalism is materialistic. It's not at all. Material wealth is a by-product of successful creative production, e.g ideas(which themselves aren't material at all).

Seems to me like he's arguing that people shouldn't make money off of their ideas.

>Capitalism
>Capital
>ˈkapJt(ə)l/
>wealth in the form of money or other assets owned by a person or organization or available for a purpose such as starting a company or investing.

I don't disagree that ideas are what primarily what generate capital, but the pursuit of material wealth is right in the fucking name of Capitalism.

Hes really fedora tier

scandies are so dopped up on anti-depressents thet are delusional

world """"happiness"""" index is nothing but Jewish and Nordic propaganda.
nah, Nords take a shitload of anti-depressants. They commit suicide a lot too.

How is it propaganda? Even if it comes down 100% to antidepressant use, the antidepressants themselves aren't a magic happiness drug. More than anything they give you energy to do things that make you happy.

>how are ideologically biased surveys with meme criteria like “gender equality” and values which skew towards Northern European societies propaganda?

He's right to criticize the trend in modern politics to view society entirely in economic terms, but he never really offers a solution.

He talks about how the virtues of the caste-based systems of antiquity with unitary political and religious authority in the hands of a traditional emperor, but he doesn't address the question of how you get from here to there. Whenever it comes up, he just falls back on Kali Yuga nonsense, suggesting that the current system will naturally collapse and give rise to a new traditionalism as part of an eternal mystical cycle, but that's really just as empty of meaning as Marx's assertion that Communism will spontaneously overcome capitalism.

All opinions and ideas are not the exact same thing. P-I-L magic isn't what's being discussed in OP's pic

>r, but he doesn't address the question of how you get from here to there.
After WW2 ended he largely stopped focusing on how to change the world and directed most of his energies towards writing about self-cultivation or general academic subjects.