In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the Union will be reorganized into the first European Empire...

>In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the Union will be reorganized into the first European Empire, for a safe and secure society, which I assure you will last for ten thousand years. An Empire that will continue to be ruled by this august body and a sovereign ruler chosen for life. An Empire ruled by the majority, ruled by a new constitution!

Was Macron trying to larp as Napoleon or something in that pic?

whats his endgame?

Re-election

Maybe?

this

Who is supposed to be seated beside him there?

Nah, it was the day of his investiture. After the ceremony the new president generally goes to a reception at the Hotel de Ville, the Paris town hall. You can see the Paris coat of arms on the chair. Here’s he’s listening to a speech by the mayor.

The mayor.

If its in paris, then were are the muslims?

Ideally, restoration of the monarchy, he’s barely hiding it. He grew up with the upper-middle class and rich bourgeoisie, mingling with what’s left of the nobility, going to catholic private schools.

Muslims don’t get anywhere close to power: would be political suicide, even in cucked Paris. Clearly non-religious Arabs can, but they have to deepthroat the republic’s big laïcité daily.

Declaring himself Napoleon IV and creating the third french empire.

Why doesn't he attempt it then? From what I've heard a majority of the French public have a positive attitude towards their royal past.

>Already 3-4 families that have claims to the throne
>Lets add another one, what could go wrong?

he actually is Napoleon IV tho. its not larping

>restoration of the monarchy

is he, dare i say it, /ourguy/?

Well, he wouldn’t put himself on the throne. Really only two families have legitimate claims, and even then for the Bonaparte it’s iffy, their claim to power has always been to seize it.

god

“Dans la politique française, cet absent est la figure du roi, dont je pense fondamentalement que le peuple français n'a pas voulu la mort. La Terreur a creusé un vide émotionnel, imaginaire, collectif : le roi n'est plus là ! On a essayé ensuite de réinvestir ce vide, d'y placer d'autres figures : ce sont les moments napoléonien et gaulliste, notamment. Le reste du temps, la démocratie française ne remplit pas l'espace. On le voit bien avec l'interrogation permanente sur la figure présidentielle, qui vaut depuis le départ du général de Gaulle. Après lui, la normalisation de la figure présidentielle a réinstallé un siège vide au coeur de la vie politique.”

The guy also appointed the only well known royalist in his government, reinstated the presidential hunt (diplomatic hunts in Chambor inherited from the Ancien Regime), and constantly uses monarchist dog whistles like saying he’s above politics.

Maybe he won’t do it. But I’m certain he has wet dreams about it at night.

ps3 games :^)

oh u

if anyone has a legitimate claim to rulership of france its fucking napoleon bonaparte

Which monarchy? This is important.

Napoleon himself, sure. But he got it from grabbing power himself. Same with Napoleon III. The Bonaparte don’t have the established, millenia old legacy to make a purely dynastic claim.

As far as I’m concerned, I’d support anyone making a serious bid for the throne. But if you ask me to choose between two guys claiming it solely on dynastic basis, I’d take the guy descended from dozens of generations of rulers all the way back to Clovis annointed by God himself over the very indirect descendants of two rulers who took advantage of the weakness of the republic to grab power.

For Macron ? I believe he wants a figure above politics to unite and guide the people and that no one is better for that than a king. Here’s the quote posted earlier, google translated with some quick adjustments:

“In French politics, the absentee is the figure of the king that, I think,
fundamentally, the French people did not want to kill. The Terror has dug an emotional, imaginary, collective void: the king is no longer there! We then tried to reinvest this emptiness, to place other figures: these are the Napoleonic and Gaullist moments, in particular. The rest of the time, French democracy does not fill the space. We see it well with the permanent questioning on the presidential figure since the departure of the General de Gaulle. After him, the normalization of the presidential figure has resettled an empty seat in the heart of political life.”