16 right now

Other urls found in this thread:

50pullups.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

187 lbs

20 reps

7 in one go.

165 plus one plate to 13

wide grip, 7 or 8 ... 210 lbs bodyweight. Chin-ups I do 7 or 8 with 45 lbs added

about 25

210 i can do 35

>170 lbs
>5 sets of 7

Probably around 15 bodyweight. I do sets of 8-10 with 25lbs plate though

ITT: leglets

145lbs

15 with a 30lb vest

my OHP is under 100lbs lol

>205
>14-16 unweighted
>55lbs for 5

Would do 19 before bulk. Was around 190 or something

150lbs
10-12? been a while
I need to get to get to 20 pullups in 2 months for a fitness test, help Veeky Forums what do i do
my squat/dead/ohp/bench x5 is 240/300/130/185

t. fat "powerlifter"

>145
Pls b in london

like 30 probably

Grease the grooves Duh.

14 strict , elbows fully extended

I can't mount/have access to a pullup bar in my current house or when I'm at school. I need to know what to do in my 1 hour~ window at the gym 3-5x/week to maximize pullup numbers

"power lifter" aka fatass that can't do 1 pull up
>kek xD

82kg
195cm
0 pull ups

225 lb
2 with good form

220 with 12 reps. I can put on additional 75 and do 5 with that, but my grip is just garbage.

180lbs
21 fully extended.

75kg

full rom with deadhang

Yes

Too many excuses.

155 last time I checked

Weigh 180 and did 6 reps with 90lb added the other day

165lbs

6 pullups

I know that's not much at all but considering several months back I couldn't even lift myself one inch from the ground, I'm god damn happy with it.

187, 25, also neutral grip pull ups > everything else

>a-abs don't matter!
>squat is the best indicator of overall fitness!
>w-who cares if I haven't seen my dick in 2 years?

super close grip impresses normies tho

5'8 168 pounds

10x4 and can do 18 in one go

I'm 5'10 185lbs... about 10lbs overweight for my liking...

I can do 10 on my first set. Then I can usually do a couple more 8 or 6 rep sets. I usually end with a hold, and/or one or two cheat reps.

Fucking cracks me up to see douchebags do "20 pullups"... but they're not actually pullups... more accurately described as a crossfit swing up.

Do them right and with good form, or stay the fuck on the lat machine or the assisted pull up machine where you belong.,

Guarantee you most of the idiots in this thread that claim more than 5 are guilty as charged.

Also... the only people I EVER seen in the gym actually do pullups... are fucking ripped.

You never see a fatass, weekend warrior, or a DYEL busting out pullups. And you sure as fuck don't see them doing 30. Some of the people in this thread are so full of shit, I can smell it from here.

WEBMs or it didn't happen.

good routine I found similar to hundred pushups. Seems good for impressing normans, and it specifically says to use good form in the sense of keeping a straight body and going down until your arms are completely straight. Supposedly gets you to 50 pullups, 50pullups.com/

I dunno, more than 10. I do chinups more than pullups, and I do them weighted now.
75kg BW + 15kg on belt.

doing your max in one set is a really bad way to train, I rarely ever go above 20 in one set and I can max like 35

Get a load of this guy.

Please explain your logic. Genuinely interested in the load of horse shit you're about to spew.

180 lbs

Is it good to do these in SetsXReps format?

Oh... and webm's or it didn't happen.

Faggot.

260 pounds

still zero ;_;. i used to be 427 pounds, i've never done a pull up my entire life. i'm too embarassed to start doing it at the gym with a rubber band to assit me.

Yeah idk to be honest.

I see DYELs do up to 10 or so since they have hardly any body weight to lift, but besides that I only ever see 5% or less of people manage to do very many. Let alone any weighted ones.

I do lat pull downs so I don't cheat at all, best i've got is about 175 -- 5x5.

Chin ups are way fucking easier though.

jokes on you I do bodyweight training
p.s. wish I had arms

190lbs
8 stopping at the top and full ROM
its fun

just did 16 behind the back. Not sure how many i can do normally

Hey man, if you're in Portland or close enough to meet I'd totally do assisted pull ups with you. I'm 165 but can do six at max despite training pull ups all the time.

That's creepy.

Underhand chin ups are superior and give a better activation on the lats.
I hope you guys still don't believe that wide grip = wide lats

8-10 depending.

I always start swinging back and forth if I do them too quickly and then I mess up my breathing and fuck everything up.

why you fucking faggot?
The guy just tries to be nice.

195 for 8. pls help

bro u lost that much weight then ur a fkn god nothing to be embarassed of

Like 5

I have fuck-all for upper body strength

170 lbs. Probably between 18 and 22 with good form

>pull ups
Lmao
Muscle up masterrace reporting in

thanks bro, but there's this complex that's built inside me. goes all the way back to never getting any pullups for the presidential fitness thing in school. i want to do one so bad. i've lost so much but there's still a huge anchor keeping me down. i don't do any lat work in the gym, just strong lifts, i'm hoping i'll get to a point where i can just pull myself up once.

> i don't do any lat work in the gym

Other than being a fatass, there's your problem.

Honestly if I was as overweight as you, I'd be getting my weight under control and my diet in order before stepping foot in a gym... but that's just me. All the fat people I see who start lifting before getting down to a reasonable weight.... end up looking like absolute shit... (dgaf how strong they think they are).... or they completely fail at everything because they never learned how to eat.

140 (5'3 manlet)
I've been able to do more sets but i've been stuck on 7 reps for a while.

my nigga. I can do 8 in a row now, maybe when I'm on break I'll get it even higher

oh shit, i thought i included what i did for barbell work. maybe bent over rows help with lats a tiny bit? my diet is on point. seeing as I'm down the 167 pounds.

I can do 15 from dead hang

at 72kg

4 dead hang
7 normal

5'7 85kg

8-10

I use to be able to do like 30+ when I was 65kg

I train pullups like I would squat or bench, with a total goal volume for each training sesh and linear progression every week. I started at 6 reps for 3 sets 3 years ago.

>good for impressing normans

>look at that knave lads, he did 30 pull ups

I train alone so I'm not going to set up a tripod just for your dyel ass

BW: 225lbs (tall af btw)

Pull ups: 10

That's what I thought, keyboard warrior.

Pretty easy to prop up a phone and back up your absolutely bullshit claim, you lyin' ass pussy..

who would have thought years of specific training made you good at something

23 I did +90 for two reps the other day

160 pounds btw

But user, learning to type is not hard.

About 20-25

80kg
around 5 or 6

Used to do 12 until this summer

Don't feel the trolls, broski

I have to get my mother to pull my pants up, at bodyweight, never mind pulling my own pants up, at bodyweight.

Bw 10 reps

155 roughly

:^(

0 :(

still recovering fatty. only ever dreamed of doing a pull up. i can atleast hold myself on the bar and make a slight upward movement now. any advice? or am i never going to make it?

Cheat some reps, start at the top, throw yourself around, the more you do it the easier it gets.

Different types of grips and grip widths, slow negatives. Lat pull downs. Also keep trying fat boy, I was you once.

180 lbs - prolly could get 18. need to benchmark it this thursgay actually

Speaking from personal experience, I didn't even need to do that much.

I just stuck with doing rows, bench, dips and OHP for upper body for a few months before I even attempted my first chin up.

When I finally did try them, I could do sets of five.

Once I got up to ten, I changed my grip and started pull ups. I'm up to sets of 8 now.

So if you've got the patience, just build strength and lose weight first. Then give it a try.

It honestly felt amazing to be able to do full sets of chin ups without having to cheat or do negatives on my first try. It makes you think "wow, all this work has been worth it."

4 sets of 5
Bodyweight. When should one start adding weight to their pull ups

145lbs
Getting a doorway pull up bar was one of the best things I've ever done for my fitness.

5'10"

I can do 10 in one go

10 at 215
I wish I had started training back way earlier ;_;

I was in a similar boat, although my max weight was around 265 and I'm down to a decently built 215 (still too fat for my self image desu lad)
Been training for two years, however the whole first year I never really did anything to try and get my back strong enough to do pull ups, and I heavily regret it
It took about two months of doing negatives to be able to bust out one to two pull ups, but nowadays I can do about 8-10 with strict form
The only way to get there is to start, no matter the shame you may feel at the beginning. Good luck brah

25 chin, 16 pull.

140 lbs
5'11"
10 reps with a medium width grip
I bought a pull-up bar 3 months ago, and I could barely do 2 reps.
I know it's not impressive given my weight, but I'm proud.

Bw-230
Pull ups- 25