Why did all the liberal states vote Republican and all the Southern states vote democrat in this election...

Why did all the liberal states vote Republican and all the Southern states vote democrat in this election? Was it Bizarro world?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid_South
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>in this election

You must not know anything about American political history. The South was solidly Democratic from the end of the civil war (and before, being one of the bases of Jackson's support along with the West) until the 1960s. As to why Ike won everywhere else, he was very popular as president and the west usually voted republican anyways, as did the north (except for during the height of the New Deal years)

Eisenhower basically accepted the New Deal and was relatively palatable to many moderates and Democrats in the North. The South was still solidly Democratic until 1964

>I'll have those niggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years [and turn the South deeply Republican]

Yes, and then in the 60's the parties spontaneously decided to switch

I was being cheeky but I'm amazed people think that's what happened

The answer is basically that the south is a cancer to the United States that takes on whatever form it can.

>all the Southern states vote democrat in this election?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid_South
tl;dr version is that the south was still butthurt at lincoln

Not everyone is American

Sucks to be them.

>for the next 200 years
Wasn't even 50 before a large portion of them started opening their eyes.

An astute observation user

>until the 1960s

He was pulling a fast one over a bunch of good old boy senators on the phone, he's actually not racist

>11% of black men
> Around naught black women
>Large portion
Memes and women under 45 being insufferable automatons turned the men, that's it.

Did he even actually say it? I posted it more as a joke but I thought it was never actually really attributed to LBJ.

Except that IMMEDIATELY after the war, the South became pretty strongly Republican during reconstruction, and with newly enfranchised black voters voting in memory of "Father Abraham."

>with 0 credible citation ever existing

then why are they commenting on American history?

"No credible citation" is just another way of saying "I wish that weren't true"

>The South became strongly Republican during reconstruction
lol no. Just because the Civil War passed doesn't mean everyone became abolitionists overnight. Reconstruction did jack shit to change anything, let alone political makeup.
>newly enfranchised black voters
kek right because Jim Crow wasn't a thing right?

only kikes and niggers vote Republicans, Democrats are party for White people

Party flipped right around Barry Goldwater/Nixon era.

Kikes were always Democrats, and most kikes sided with the CSA.

To claim he's not racist is to say he was a saint.

Very unlikely. Lots of people were racist back in the 50s and 60s. Even now a good portion of the country is racist.